NV4500 to HF2AV Open Source Adapter Plans (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im looking at a local source for adapter plates, price looks like $142USD /$186CAD a piece for me in Calgary. The order will probably go in shortly, I have two fellas that want in. If anyone else is serious, "last chance for underpants!" cause this order will go in (adapter plates ONLY) shortly.

Did this ever come to fruition? Interested in an adapter plate.

cody c - is spearheading getting a few made. I don't know where he is at with the process. You might want to pm him to find out.

I was gonna order from China shortly, but I'm wanting to see a bit of the original install pictures, the plate seen doesn't quite make sense with the nv4500 output housing layout.

I see your PM, will get back to you shortly

I was gonna order from China shortly, but I'm wanting to see a bit of the original install pictures, the plate seen doesn't quite make sense with the nv4500 output housing layout.

I see your PM, will get back to you shortly
Is there a difference in the Chevy and Dodge tail housing? I have one sitting on the shelf in the garage but keep forgetting to take some photos and measurements.

Mine was just a round output flange (dodge) but the adapter design extends down lower. Any chance you managed to get some pictures while you had things out? Thanks.
I don’t have the adapter yet. I only put back together the AA/Splitcase combo.
I imagine the adapter extends lower so the TC can bolt to it, but that’s just a guess.

Edit: so apparently I'm loosing my mind. I've got an Hf2A case sitting in my garage and can't figure out what the input flange looks like, I thought it was a round pattern similar to the output flange from the NV4500. It appears not to be according to everything I see on the web.

upload_2018-9-4_9-10-41.png

pdf of adapter.JPG

nv4500 output.JPG

I'm contacting a couple vendors in china for final pricing again today. Probably should have an idea of rough final pricing by end of week.

Last edited:
HF2AV bolt pattern is not round and symmetrical like the NV4500 is.

you are very right. Me, meh not so much but I think I got it figured out now.

I started with the digital caliper on the HF2A I have in the garage last night, just comparing it with the file created by A MYSTERIOUS ONE ARMED MAN.

It looks like a few discrepancies, i think the biggest was on the scale of about a millimeter, but I'll print off and compare again at home tonight or this week till I feel the dimensions are within a couple thousands of an inch or so. It would be nice of the dowel pin locations are deadly dead on in the first round.

If anyone wants a CAD file for the HF2A input flange bolt pattern or dimensions I now have in CAD and pdf. PM me if you want them, but I'll be fine tuning this week, so dimensions could change just a pinch from the attached.

Attachments

• HF2AV FLANGE Model (1).pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
you are very right. Me, meh not so much but I think I got it figured out now.

I started with the digital caliper on the HF2A I have in the garage last night, just comparing it with the file created by mr.cimarron.

It looks like a few discrepancies, i think the biggest was on the scale of about a millimeter, but I'll print off and compare again at home tonight or this week till I feel the dimensions are within a couple thousands of an inch or so. It would be nice of the dowel pin locations are deadly dead on in the first round.

If anyone wants a CAD file for the HF2A pattern or dimensions I now have in CAD and pdf. PM me if you want them, but I'll be fine tuning this week, so dimensions could change just a pinch from the attached.
I wish I could take credit for the file but it wasn't me that created it.

Those pics and drawings look mysteriously like I might be the one armed man. The dimensions for the dowel pins were done on a cmm using the stock A442 tailhousing that the tcase bolts to do the should be dead on. Also, keep in mind the nv4500 tail housing IS NOT symmetrical...it looks it but the holes are NOT evenly spaced. Hope that helps. Great price from China! Holy smokes...can’t buy the material here for that!

On shafts...I just had the shaft shipped from eBay to Dutchmen. Machining cost was in the neighborhood of $175 I think.

Those pics and drawings look mysteriously like I might be the one armed man. The dimensions for the dowel pins were done on a cmm using the stock A442 tailhousing that the tcase bolts to do the should be dead on. Also, keep in mind the nv4500 tail housing IS NOT symmetrical...it looks it but the holes are NOT evenly spaced. Hope that helps. Great price from China! Holy smokes...can’t buy the material here for that!

On shafts...I just had the shaft shipped from eBay to Dutchmen. Machining cost was in the neighborhood of $175 I think.
I have my new shaft and rebuild kit sitting in my office. I am going to try to find a machine shop here in Austin that will do it before committing to sending it off.

Thanks for posting, I went to measure last night and I was getting different measurements, if your confident in your measurements then I will go by that.

It looks like shipped price is $121 USD but there may be some other customs fees at the door.

For future reference the contact through alibaba is Balindayang@163.com with
Xiamen Xiongxinteng Precision Technology Co.,Ltd
Add.: No. 146-148 Xinglin North 2 Road, Jimei Destrict,Xiamen

Anyone can copy the adapter and search for quotes on alibaba, you may find cheaper and you'll definitely find more expensive.

I have no connection to the source, and that price is based on an order of 5 units. Does not include dowel pins or seals in that price either, and I have no experience yet with their quality or manufacturing, this info is just for any future use by others.

All in, looks like about $125 for the shaft, $175 machining, $15ish seal, probably $10 for dowel pins, $121 for seals. Assuming you have the proper factory tail housing/output housing from the NV4500, otherwise you'll be into it for another $130 off ebay roughly.

So looking at about $450-550USD all in.

Thanks for posting, I went to measure last night and I was getting different measurements, if your confident in your measurements then I will go by that.

It looks like shipped price is $121 USD but there may be some other customs fees at the door.

For future reference the contact through alibaba is Balindayang@163.com with
Xiamen Xiongxinteng Precision Technology Co.,Ltd
Add.: No. 146-148 Xinglin North 2 Road, Jimei Destrict,Xiamen

Anyone can copy the adapter and search for quotes on alibaba, you may find cheaper and you'll definitely find more expensive.

I have no connection to the source, and that price is based on an order of 5 units. Does not include dowel pins or seals in that price either, and I have no experience yet with their quality or manufacturing, this info is just for any future use by others.

All in, looks like about $125 for the shaft, $175 machining, $15ish seal, probably $10 for dowel pins, $121 for seals. Assuming you have the proper factory tail housing/output housing from the NV4500, otherwise you'll be into it for another $130 off ebay roughly.

So looking at about $450-550USD all in.

I’d print a full scale cut it out and make sure. I had many versions of the file and I think I posted the last one, but if it’s different I can do some more digging.

I have my new shaft and rebuild kit sitting in my office. I am going to try to find a machine shop here in Austin that will do it before committing to sending it off.

Totally understand...but I had a hard time finding a place that could/would do it and Dutchmen is great to work with. I’ll send the spline mating piece to them if they want it for doing the sample. Just let me know and promise to freight it back to me when done

Totally understand...but I had a hard time finding a place that could/would do it and Dutchmen is great to work with. I’ll send the spline mating piece to them if they want it for doing the sample. Just let me know and promise to freight it back to me when done
Odds are I will be sending to Dutchmen. I alway try local first but machine shops are disappearing.

To make the shaft buy a new 2wd mainshaft from your favorite parts vendor.

Does anyone know the part number for the correct Dodge 2WD output shaft? I'd like to buy new off Ebay but I want to make sure I get the correct one. I'm running a OEM Dodge HD NV4500 4WD trans.

Does anyone know the part number for the correct Dodge 2WD output shaft? I'd like to buy new off Ebay but I want to make sure I get the correct one. I'm running a OEM Dodge HD NV4500 4WD trans.
This is what I ordered.
Dodge Ram NV4500 Transmission Master Rebuild Kit 2WD, NV4500-REBUILD-KIT-2WD 700537028538 | eBay
This was through All State Gear. Good customer service so maybe call them before purchase or order off their website. NV4500 Main Shaft 31 Spines Dodge 2wd Diesel, 27176

Make sure it states this in the listing.
Fits 1994-up Dodge Diesel Ram 2500 / 3500 series 3/4 and 1 ton trucks

Note this kit is for the 2 wheel drive only.

No Chinese Bearings

This is what I ordered.
Dodge Ram NV4500 Transmission Master Rebuild Kit 2WD, NV4500-REBUILD-KIT-2WD 700537028538 | eBay
This was through All State Gear. Good customer service so maybe call them before purchase or order off their website. NV4500 Main Shaft 31 Spines Dodge 2wd Diesel, 27176

Make sure it states this in the listing.
Fits 1994-up Dodge Diesel Ram 2500 / 3500 series 3/4 and 1 ton trucks

Note this kit is for the 2 wheel drive only.

No Chinese Bearings

Awesome. Thanks. Who are you getting to do your output shaft machining for the Toyota splines?

Awesome. Thanks. Who are you getting to do your output shaft machining for the Toyota splines?
Dutchman probably since they know how to do it but I will give a local guy a shot. I need to pull the gear out of the TC so I can include that with the shaft so whoever does it has something to test fit with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom