eBay Not mine fj25 for sale (1 Viewer)

I like the tires on this. Are they bias tires? I see no problem with bias tires on these classics. Not like you will use it as a DD on the freeway. I am disappointed in the current bid. Not worth restoring them if this is what they will bring. Have a feeling take one to the next level going as correct as possible wouldn't make much difference.

oregon fj

Serial rescuer of old vehicles
I like the tires on this. Are they bias tires? I see no problem with bias tires on these classics. Not like you will use it as a DD on the freeway.
Tires are one of my "things". I don't recognize them, but they do appear to be bias ply. I agree that there is nothing wrong with bias ply tires on these rigs, I put them on my '64 FST too.

I am disappointed in the current bid. Not worth restoring them if this is what they will bring. Have a feeling take one to the next level going as correct as possible wouldn't make much difference.
eBay is the wrong place to sell one like that. Not enough people who understand what it is. It should be bringing much more than that.

eBay is the wrong place to sell one like that. Not enough people who understand what it is. It should be bringing much more than that.

Barrett Jackson also scares me. They pick the time slot and unless it something special in their opinion no reserve. I wouldn't list it on eBay without a reserve like this one. Wouldn't list one anywhere without a reserve.

My guess is that the price will shoot up today. I would buy it for 20k no problem and Im not a huge fj25 nut. But Im guessing it sells for around 35k looking at the current bid.

oregon fj

Shot up to $55k now, still over 7 hours to go. @White Stripe - You called it on the timing, a bit low on the amount.

If the sale actually goes through, I'll retract my comment about eBay being the wrong venue.

@Living in the Past - I agree about B-J and their auctions. Not a good place unless you have something that they specialize in, such as rare American Muscle.

I am unsure on “Why there is a single bid increment to 50K from 20K?” Especially if it’s a “No Reserve” auction, Something is fishy? And now it’s back to 2K - 3K bid increments.

oregon fj

eBay proxy bids. If I bid $50k on an item with previous high bid of $20k, it only bids the minimum needed to beat the previous high, but saves my max of $50k. If someone else comes in and places a maximum bid of $60k, it will only bid $51k (or whatever the minimum increment is). Until someone else bids.

oregon fj

That is a problem, yes. Will be interesting to see if this turns back up again soon.

BTUMAN

SILVER Star
I rarely have successful sale on eBay with our cruisers. I believe the last one was fine and completed. Unfortunately folks are not always serious or back out. Becomes expensive marketing.

Previous sales have been around $75k for same quality. Will see. Love all the speculation. Guy says he wants it. Wanted me to end early.

HelloKitty65

SILVER Star
Tires are one of my "things". I don't recognize them, but they do appear to be bias ply. I agree that there is nothing wrong with bias ply tires on these rigs, I put them on my '64 FST too.
Arne,
I recognize them.They are Firestones. You can tell because they say 'Firestone' on them. Aye!
A vintage reproduction?

@BTUMAN , how bidding tactics comes into play on eBay auction was my concern and not the outcome of the auction.

From purity perspective purist may find it being a less than 100% original example, however I genuinely believe that it takes no less effort in building and attain results of such caliber.

I think your example deserves the highest possible market price.

oregon fj

Arne,
I recognize them.They are Firestones. You can tell because they say 'Firestone' on them. Aye!
A vintage reproduction?
Now that you pointed that out, I did see the Firestone logo on the side of one of them. But try as I might, I don't see that tire anywhere online. FJ25 has 16" wheels, I think the tires were 6.50-15, maybe 6.00. Can't find those in that size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom