NOS D40 Aisan carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeamJB

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello
I have NOS d40 aisan carbs for early F series ...
Each 375$ or OBO

IMG-20190212-WA0154.jpg

IMG-20190212-WA0155.jpg

Interested. Can we see a few more pictures, please, different angles.

Thank you,

Very tempting. Looks like you have more then a few!

375 shipped to a US address?

WOW, how many are in the pile?

@65swb45

Hello
I have around 25 carbs and shipping varies 20-25$ to different city/state.

Hello Jon
Please check your PM.

Thanks
Junaid

Hello Jon
Please check your PM.

Thanks
Junaid

Junaid, I sent you a PM

thanks
John

Hello John and Casey,
Please check your PM.

Thanks
Junaid

Don’t d40’s have idle solenioids?

I might be interested in 2 to 83670 USA especially if S/Ns were consecutive.

Don’t d40’s have idle solenioids?

I might be interested in 2 to 83670 USA especially if S/Ns were consecutive.

a D-40 does Not have a fuel cut / idle solenoid , i have been in touch with @65swb45 , on this topic

i would love to see you get 2 consecutive serial number carbs like this , That idea
ROCKS !

Good luck Brother

Like Matt mentioned, d40 for our trucks do not need a solenoid. You could make a carb with one work but would require wiring in the circuit.

I have a 1966 /40 stock f motor with an after market two barrel carb. The thing runs like a top, but I’d really like to get everything back to original. Would these carbs work with my setup? Thanks for any information!

Thanks for the tag Matt. I’ve been preoccupied all week between the death of my friend and my decision to close the shop for the rest of this month in order to get caught up with a backlog of obligations.

The D40 and SD40 share the same height and bolt pattern; completely interchangeable. The mounting studs are different height from 64 and older to the PCV 65 and newer.

The non solenoid D40 was offered in production in 1967, and eventually offered as a direct replacement for all the earlier SD40s. The 1968 D40 was the first to come with the fuel cut solenoid. Eventually it became the default replacement for everything. But as Jon pointed out, if you don’t NEED a fuel cut solenoid, then there’s no reason to hesitate on a deal like this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag Matt. I’ve been preoccupied all week between the death of my friend and my decision to close the shop for the rest of this month in order to get caught up with a backlog of obligations.

The D40 and SD40 share the same height and bolt pattern; completely interchangeable. The mounting studs are different height from 64 and older to the PCV 65 and newer.

The non solenoid D40 was offered in production in 1967, and eventually offered as a direct replacement for all the earlier SD40s. The 1968 D40 was the first to come with the fuel cut solenoid. Eventually it became the default replacement for everything. But as Jon pointed out, if you don’t NEED a fuel cut solenoid, then there’s no reason to hesitate on a deal like this.
Thanks for your informative endorsement! Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m seaking a bit of clarification. So as mentioned, my 66 mostly stock 40 currently has an after market two barrel. It runs great. Now I generally stick to the old saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” . But in this case I’m doing my best to bring this rig back as close as stock as I can. So this carb would get me closer... my question is, will going from a two barrel to one mean I will need a different intake. If I understand what you have written correctly the answer is no, it will be a direct fit. so my next question. How will this effect preformance thanks for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom