NOS D40 Aisan carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your informative endorsement! Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m seaking a bit of clarification. So as mentioned, my 66 mostly stock 40 currently has an after market two barrel. It runs great. Now I generally stick to the old saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” . But in this case I’m doing my best to bring this rig back as close as stock as I can. So this carb would get me closer... my question is, will going from a two barrel to one mean I will need a different intake. If I understand what you have written correctly the answer is no, it will be a direct fit. so my next question. How will this effect preformance thanks for your time!
Can anyone help me with my questions. Thanks

dug around and found a pic of your engine, looks like a webber on stock intake, so I am fairly sure this carb will fit.

You may need the spacer thing under the carb that has the port for the PVC. also will need a stock air cleaner for the 1 barrel

how will it perform compared to what you have,? no idea,never had a webber, but my 64fj45LV(which is heavier than a 40) has plenty of power and runs this same carb and the stock original F motor

Can anyone help me with my questions. Thanks

dug around and found a pic of your engine, looks like a webber on stock intake, so I am fairly sure this carb will fit.

You may need the spacer thing under the carb that has the port for the PVC. also will need a stock air cleaner for the 1 barrel

how will it perform compared to what you have,? no idea,never had a webber, but my 64fj45LV(which is heavier than a 40) has plenty of power and runs this same carb and the stock original F motor
thanks for your time, and information! It is much appreciated. Bill

got my carb today, shiping was very fast, packed well and it is a NOS D40 carb just as pictured.

Junaid is a very good person to work with and I would not hesitate to buy from him again

got my carb today, shiping was very fast, packed well and it is a NOS D40 carb just as pictured.

Junaid is a very good person to work with and I would not hesitate to buy from him again
I am glad you liked it, thanks John. :)

Got mine today, very nice and excellent communication.
Thanks

I got mine the other day. I took off the after market carb, bolted up the one I just got, shot a little starter fluid in it and the thing runs like a top...amazing!

Junaid was great to work with, he’s a nice guy!

So now that I have this carb I want to get the original linkage too. I’m trying to put my 1966/40 back to factory as much as I can. If anyone has any leads, I’d appreciate a shout out. Thanks

Also mine does not have the tube that comes out of the vacuum port. Anyone know where I can pick one up?

I got mine the other day. I took off the after market carb, bolted up the one I just got, shot a little starter fluid in it and the thing runs like a top...amazing!

Junaid was great to work with, he’s a nice guy!

Thank you for the kind words and appreciation Bill. Happy you are satisfied :)

Received this beautiful NOS D40 from Junaid. This one was sent from Pakistan, but he has more in Chicago, now? Also, there are some on eBay. LINK PM or email, excellent communication. I don't even think he sleeps!

Today is the start of Ramadan, so you may not get a reply so quickly, if you're interested...

Thanks, Junaid for rescuing this stuff from the pile!

Look at @Spike Strip GOLD Zinc Sparkle !

Well wishes to u and your family this Season Junaid ,

and again WELCOME TO MUD ........................

Thanks again for your Efforts Preserving Pieces of Vintage Toyota History and Sharing them too :)

Matt

Received this beautiful NOS D40 from Junaid. This one was sent from Pakistan, but he has more in Chicago, now? Also, there are some on eBay. LINK PM or email, excellent communication. I don't even think he sleeps!

Today is the start of Ramadan, so you may not get a reply so quickly, if you're interested...

View attachment 1971619

View attachment 1971623

View attachment 1971619

View attachment 1971623

View attachment 1971624

View attachment 1971625
Hello Alf, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. It's always a pleasure talking to you.
Thanks
JB

Look at @Spike Strip GOLD Zinc Sparkle !

Well wishes to u and your family this Season Junaid ,

and again WELCOME TO MUD ........................

Thanks again for your Efforts Preserving Pieces of Vintage Toyota History and Sharing them too :)

Matt

Thank you very much Matt, its indeed a great forum to learn and I have met some really nice people on here like you. :)

Hey, what are folks doing for the vacuum port nipple?

A quick and dirty option is to take a brass m8x1.25 bolt, drill out the center (all the way through), chuck the bolt into a drill and taper the end, then press in a short piece of 3/16” OD tube into the hole you drilled. Then just connect the vac adavance on distributor to carb with vac hose.

I have it on my list to make some of these on my friends lathe but it’s likely mid summer before I get to that part of my to-do list!

A quick and dirty option is to take a brass m8x1.25 bolt, drill out the center (all the way through), chuck the bolt into a drill and taper the end, then press in a short piece of 3/16” OD tube into the hole you drilled. Then just connect the vac adavance on distributor to carb with vac hose.

I have it on my list to make some of these on my friends lathe but it’s likely mid summer before I get to that part of my to-do list!
Well now that’s a cool solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom