Next Run - 12/20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steve, Ill text you tomorrow, should head out by six to be there by 830.. 732-522-0921 Kahlee

my tires did not come in so take it easy on me..

Sorry guys, couldn't make it. Noticed my carb leaking fuel a bit yesterday and the tccase keeps popping out of 4 high.

I was In the back so not much pics from me..

image.jpg

Had so much fun... I see RC completely different from before.. That was worth the trip... I wheel a lot in the Philippines when I go visit and thought Rausch was crap.. Thanks again for having me tag along..

I'm going to borrow some pic for my daughter to put on Facebook so I can make my cousin drool a bit..

Looks like you guys had fun. What trails did you hit??

Yes it was a very good day on the trails. Not crowded at all and with a small group (5 trucks) we made good time. It was good to meet KAR or the first time and to be able to give him a better appreciation of what Rausch has to offer! In any event four 80 series and my 40 was a tight group. Had a few snowflakes in the air while in the staging area and some snow lying here and there in the park but other than that no problems. There was indeed a LOT of water- more than I have ever seen at rausch. We broke through a lot of large ice covered puddles as we were out of the staging area before anyone else at 9AM. And Andy- thanks for all the pictures!
Trails wise we went out of the staging area down through the old entrance section. None of the guys had ever been down that way. First trail was Jotters Way, then down L3 and up the hillclimb where i rolled my piggy years ago! First time I'd ventured up that trail since flopping the old girl. From there we took the shortcut into C, then out to CV Trail, back to C then did O trail. Out of there we went over yellow jacket (trail 4) and out of that right into the loop at 8. Out of there we went out to E, took the shortcut down over the hill to H, then drove down and did 12B. Out of that it was down to 11, where we went through the big water filled loop and then up the hillclimb on 12, then back down to 11 where we stopped for a bit to eat at the entrance to trail 10. We did 10 (very wet) back up to 11, completely around the bottom end of the park, took 19 back up to 11, then did 15 up into the meadow at the entrance to crawl daddy. From there we went out- up J, a short bit on 12, then up H, down the power line and back to the staging area.

A good time was had by all. It'd been some time since I wheeled in cold weather and I was quite happy that the heater in my 40 kept me nice and toasty. Unlike some other cold weather excursions (attn: Craig Merkey and Jeff Dozier!!!) there were no broken wheel studs or need to dig out rocks and dirt from around a starter and flywheel! Again, all in all a very good day. Consensus is that maybe next trip we will do the area across the road at the main entrance. i've been over there several times and it has a lot to offer. Gary

Last edited:
damn i wish i could have made it had to put a boiler in at work :( not morgans though! haha hope to see you guys in the new year!

Thanks for the pics and through trail report! I've never wheeled across the road, I thought that was comp course only. Looking forward to it.

Wow! You guys covered some ground! Looks like fun was had by all. Sure wish we could have made it. When's the next trip????:bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Very nice, thanks for the detailed recount and the awesome photos. You guys hit some cool looking trails I haven't been on - jealous!

I believe the next run is the 17th as per the "3rd Saturday of the month" mantra. I'll let the powers that be confirm that though!

i've got em...seems like i'll need to put my sliders on..

yeh I put mine to good use...was some great trails...the trucks seemed to enjoy the harder stuff. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom