New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds good. I'm excited to see how it rolls out. Provided pricing is in line with similar offerings I will plan to order one.

From a timeline standpoint, at this point I am 6 months into a front bumper order and 8 months into a certain electrical accessory order from the left coast ;), so if you can beat those lead times I'll be happy :).

Ha Ha! I am very much motivated for this deal to be timely as I think that is a key selling point for these. As far as the electrical accessory goes; if it is from who I think it is from, it is well worth the wait! Especially since there is no way the accessory I got from this particular vendor made him a penny!

Not saying names or anything. Excuse me, I have to go polish my Wits End sticker on my 80.

Ha Ha! I am very much motivated for this deal to be timely as I think that is a key selling point for these. As far as the electrical accessory goes; if it is from who I think it is from, it is well worth the wait! Especially since there is no way the accessory I got from this particular vendor made him a penny!

Not saying names or anything. Excuse me, I have to go polish my Wits End sticker on my 80.

Yeah yeah yeah, I’m working on clearing those all off my workbench.

You're going to have to be more specific on which accessory you bought from Joey that he didn't make any money on! :rofl:

Wow! Great engineering brother! I zoomed in on every picture for a closer look. I'm loving the design.
Just one question:
What is the height off of the roof? I'm in a similar situation as @scottryana, I've got about 2.5 ~ to spare (still have OEM rack) in my 7' garage. Is your rack much taller than the oem? It looks fairly low pro and would look great on my 80.
Thx

Last edited:
Wow! Great engineering brother! I zoomed in on every picture for a closer look. I'm loving the design.
Just one question:
What is the height off of the roof? I'm in a similar situation as @scottryana, I've got about 2.5 ~ to spare (still have OEM rack) in my 7" garage. Is your rack much taller than the oem? It looks fairly low pro and would look great on my 80.
Thx

Thanks!

I think it will go without issues as my garage is also 7' and it fits. I did adjust my door opener up a bit. I will get some more data for you today.

I had a custom aluminum rack that was about as low profile as possible but sadly I was told the garage was 7’6” but when I drove across country and arrived I found out it was only 6’6” so I had to pull my old rack and give it away. :-/. But I can say an 80 with OME heavies and 315’s is exactly 6’6”. Lol

Just one question:
What is the height off of the roof? I'm in a similar situation as @scottryana, I've got about 2.5 ~ to spare (still have OEM rack) in my 7" garage. Is your rack much taller than the oem? It looks fairly low pro and would look great on my 80.
Thx

Pat,

Congratulations on the new venture. Love the rack and the latch system. Any way you could develop a front fairing to accommodate a flush 40" lightbar. Ping me when your ready to roll, would love to have this on the EFNY build. This build will be a mud vendor build where most of the items on this rig were developed here on MUD.

The 80 roof humps up about halfway back, that's the tallest point. With the trim strips still on place but factory roof rack gone, the t-slot clears by about 1/4", and the extrusion is 1" tall from there.

Pat,

Congratulations on the new venture. Love the rack and the latch system. Any way you could develop a front fairing to accommodate a flush 40" lightbar. Ping me when your ready to roll, would love to have this on the EFNY build. This build will be a mud vendor build where most of the items on this rig were developed here on MUD.
Thanks Frank. I am working on the ligjt bar fairing. It will be easy to mount because the T-slot material the fairing attaches to is so versatile.

My only suggestion: strike while the iron is hot then get out quick! :p

Quit kidding around. I know you have a Maybach in the garage....

That's a good looking rack. I struggle with garage clearance. I can lift it off with the trusses ta my shop. So, three questions:

1. What does the finish product weight and
2. Is it relatively easy to take on and off?
3. How much higher than the roof is it?

Its a nice looking rack. I have a two load bar Yakima set up I use now. Easy on and off and I had parts to put it together.

I'll be coming through your neck of the woods next week. Going to check the colors in the GT region.

That's a good looking rack. I struggle with garage clearance. I can lift it off with the trusses ta my shop. So, three questions:

1. What does the finish product weight and
2. Is it relatively easy to take on and off?
3. How much higher than the roof is it?

Its a nice looking rack. I have a two load bar Yakima set up I use now. Easy on and off and I had parts to put it together.

I'll be coming through your neck of the woods next week. Going to check the colors in the GT region.

I will work on some solid answers today. Pouring rain still this morning but supposed to stop in a bit. The colors are finally coming around here, it's been so dry it hasn't been spectacular but this rain will help.

@Josey1972 , colors aren't peak here, but I bet they will be up near Traverse City. PM me when you are rolling through.
20171015_095821.jpg

I am not a fan of roof racks. Wont fit in the garage, and offroading in our area, they just get in the way.

Having said that. This would be the one that I would want. Great engineering on those latches!

I am not a fan of roof racks. Wont fit in the garage, and offroading in our area, they just get in the way.

Having said that. This would be the one that I would want. Great engineering on those latches!
Thank you. I cant tell you how many thousands of images I've looked at and piles of samples I have around here now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom