New Shock Option Soon! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bwell

SILVER Star
Threads
First,

I'm not affiliated with Bilstein in any regard whatsoever. Just a very satisfied customer of past experiences on various platforms.

This has been in development for a few years I have been told. It actually has had an official production code so to speak for over a year, but never officially finished, and corporate headquarters in Germany recently was essentially like, why aren't these to market yet. In below quoted text from a former 100 series cruiser head who oversaw development of them, you'll see there isn't an officially stated target release date, but assured me the target is within three months.

Should be another great offering available soon.

I personally have never been fully satisfied with the five different shock setups I have ran in the five years I have owned my 2000 Land Cruiser. Unwilling to shell out north of $2k to $3k dollars for what is considered top of the line, and currently available.

These will all be hand assembled, by Bilstein, here in the great USA, at their California headquarters.

These are a couple of renderings from engineering, but you get the idea of what they'll look like.
image001.png
image002.png

"We do have a 5160 manifold design piggyback reservoir that will be built in the future for the 100 series (below are the engineering photos) these will be optimal for a 1.5-2” over stock while keeping the front end components out of with in tolerance at full droop. These will have a very heavy internal pull down spring in the front dampers to prevent the harsh top out sensations when the truck is in the higher range of lift 2-2.3”, this will eliminate the rather loud top out sensation when the front suspension unloads over speed bumps or harsher impacts in the road.

The unfortunate part is at his point there is no ETA on production due to sourcing some of the components. This is why we like to stay away from providing the info. Being that you spoke about the “deep” pockets needed to purchase the Icon or Kings I figured I would let you know about these in case you want to wait it out. These should hit the market with a retail price of $239-$259 ea. Also attached are photos of the actual prototypes. You will see how all the OEM mounting has been retained for a seamless install and longevity."--Junior

I did inquire about posting this information and the representative was all about it. They were tested, tested and tested some more using a built 100 series with full armor so to speak. I'm pretty excited about another, affordable offering.

Great to see a new shock option come to the market! The pull down spring to reduce the sensation of top out is very intriguing.

Great to see a new shock option come to the market! The pull down spring to reduce the sensation of top out is very intriguing.
I think so too on both regards. I've been itching to try something different for awhile now and will be ordering a set as soon as they are available.

Not sure how fronts would fit with that picture. But for $250 and a resi, I'd love to put it all 4 corners.

I'm really afraid these are just vaporware. I hope I'm wrong. But, there is almost no buzz at all....anywhere....other than 1 thread here.

First,

I'm not affiliated with Bilstein in any regard whatsoever. Just a very satisfied customer of past experiences on various platforms.

This has been in development for a few years I have been told. It actually has had an official production code so to speak for over a year, but never officially finished, and corporate headquarters in Germany recently was essentially like, why aren't these to market yet. In below quoted text from a former 100 series cruiser head who oversaw development of them, you'll see there isn't an officially stated target release date, but assured me the target is within three months.

Should be another great offering available soon.

I personally have never been fully satisfied with the five different shock setups I have ran in the five years I have owned my 2000 Land Cruiser. Unwilling to shell out north of $2k to $3k dollars for what is considered top of the line, and currently available.

These will all be hand assembled, by Bilstein, here in the great USA, at their California headquarters.

These are a couple of renderings from engineering, but you get the idea of what they'll look like.View attachment 1933515View attachment 1933516

"We do have a 5160 manifold design piggyback reservoir that will be built in the future for the 100 series (below are the engineering photos) these will be optimal for a 1.5-2” over stock while keeping the front end components out of with in tolerance at full droop. These will have a very heavy internal pull down spring in the front dampers to prevent the harsh top out sensations when the truck is in the higher range of lift 2-2.3”, this will eliminate the rather loud top out sensation when the front suspension unloads over speed bumps or harsher impacts in the road.

The unfortunate part is at his point there is no ETA on production due to sourcing some of the components. This is why we like to stay away from providing the info. Being that you spoke about the “deep” pockets needed to purchase the Icon or Kings I figured I would let you know about these in case you want to wait it out. These should hit the market with a retail price of $239-$259 ea. Also attached are photos of the actual prototypes. You will see how all the OEM mounting has been retained for a seamless install and longevity."--Junior

I did inquire about posting this information and the representative was all about it. They were tested, tested and tested some more using a built 100 series with full armor so to speak. I'm pretty excited about another, affordable offering.
I see a listing for these on their website, but there is no vendors selling them. any updates?

I know absolutely nothing about these guys, but they seem to indicate, that they have these for sale, on their website:

Screenshot_20200308-115745_Drive.jpg

I reached out to the employee who helped develop them again last summer and he didn't really provide much of an answer and or really acknowledge what I asked him and I haven't followed up since.

It does appear they might finally come to market. I had been saving for a set and was going to settle on Dobinsons new monotube's that should be coming out this summer because these have been in the works for years, literally, as have the 200 version.

I know their hold up last spring was finding a vendor that could meet the requirements they were requesting for an internal spring that would control the excessive top out the torsion bar front ends experience when fully extended- usually where upper control arms come into contact with their frame mounts on the bottom. No idea if they continued down this path, thought it was a very interesting design and I had always been extremely pleased with bilstein shocks in the past.

These would finally come out as I'm getting ready to do this...
20200303_204746.jpg

I’ve got a rear set arriving Saturday. Should have them installed in the next 2/3 weeks. Will report back.

Very interested! Please pass along any information on when and how these can be obtained!

Just got these in yesterday. Pretty much exactly what was in the first post.

Pretty straight forward search on Autoanything for $210 a piece. For that price range, I'm very happy. I'm also not a suspension or shock expert by any standard.
Hq7QDo5JS2OYP6H1UWbGtw.jpg
hP%5BzzMT3G0aWy3W+JGJw.jpg

Pretty straight forward search on Autoanything for $210 a piece. For that price range, I'm very happy. I'm also not a suspension or shock expert by any standard. View attachment 2262052View attachment 2262053
When you get ready to install them, and prior too. You should throw on the bottom half of the bushing/washer and cut the plastic shipping strap(shock will fully extend) and try to get an approximate fully extended measurement for us all. They look really nice.🍻

Wow, quite a lot of options to choose from at $200/shock these days. FCP, Bilstein 5160s, Icon 2.0s. These and the FCP look to be best bang for buck. Basically the choice of twin tube 2.8", or 2.0" with external resi.

Pretty straight forward search on Autoanything for $210 a piece. For that price range, I'm very happy. I'm also not a suspension or shock expert by any standard. View attachment 2262052View attachment 2262053

I'm here in Austin as well. You gotta let me check those out once you get up and running. I love my ToughDogs, but they are approaching 70k now and soon enough will need replacing.

If I ever have to ditch the AHC, this looks like a great option. I look forward to hearing reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom