New Owner of 1980 FJ40 in need of local mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Local LC Enthusiasts!

I was very excited to find a local FJ club here in Philly. I'm a new owner of a 1980 FJ40 that is in need of some mechanical assistance. I've been able to address most mechanical and minor electrical issues within reason, but I am not expert mechanic by a long shot. I'm pretty stumped on a few items and could use a name of a local mechanic that is familiar with working on FJ's. Specifically, I cannot get any of the gauges, fan and windshield wipers, so work. I've found a few mechanics outside of the area, but would prefer not to travel more than an hour from the western Philadelphia suburbs. Any recommendations or assistance would be appreciated. I'd also be interested in paying someone to come and help me troubleshoot as it would help me learn as well.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Robbie

Welcome! :flipoff2:
I know there are a couple guys in the club in the SE PA region with some skills to help. They might also be able to point you in the direction of a good mechanic in the area that knows cruisers.

I work at Tommys Automotive in West Chester (link in sig) and would be happy to help if you want to go the shop route. I’ve helped a few guys out in here already. If you are looking to stay the diy route the gents @Crusha mentioned have probably forgot more than I’ll ever know.

I work at Tommys Automotive in West Chester (link in sig) and would be happy to help if you want to go the shop route. I’ve helped a few guys out in here already. If you are looking to stay the diy route the gents @Crusha mentioned have probably forgot more than I’ll ever know.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Looking forward to getting these final issues fixed and getting her out on the road!

Blair...I'll reach out to Tommy's and ask for you by name. I look forward to meeting you

Hey another Malvern guy! Would love to see the 40 sometime. I had a 76 for a while that I tinkered with. Man I miss that truck. I second all the guys mentioned above and have used Blair to work on my 80 . He does great work.

Hey rob, Dave said he talked to you yesterday but got cut off. If it’s easier shoot me a pm and I’ll get you my cell.

Hey another Malvern guy! Would love to see the 40 sometime. I had a 76 for a while that I tinkered with. Man I miss that truck. I second all the guys mentioned above and have used Blair to work on my 80 . He does great work.

Thank you sir!

Hey rob, Dave said he talked to you yesterday but got cut off. If it’s easier shoot me a pm and I’ll get you my cell.

Thank you sir!
Sorry....had someone walk into my office when I was on the phone. I'll call Monday or drop you a text. Thanks again!

Absolutely! Would love to catch up sometime. I live in Willistown area. I'm hoping to drop off my FJ40 next week to Tommy's automotive, so it may be gone for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom