New member in Pickup sub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Move the flap, listen for pump.
Often overlooked by parts changers and people who can't diag. Did you check the COR(fuel pump relay) on right side of glove box

I just flipped the flap and the fuel pump comes on.

When I'm trying to start the truck though, I noticed the flap inside the MAF just taps a little. It doesnt seem to open fully and stay.

Is this a normal condition? Or does it indicate a possibly bad MAF

No that's generally what happens while cranking if you unhook the solenoid wire from the starter then turn key to start, you should hear relay and fuel pump

Another thought. After you run the starter crack the banjo bolt at the cold start injector. You should have high pressure. Wear safety glasses and you might want to crack it slow.

Trick I learned many years ago: you can actually connect a remote start button to the cold start injector connection. It works, much easier.

I've checked everything, and rechecked it. I'm getting signal to everything that's suppose to get or send signal. The only thing I can figure is that the pump isn't pumping fuel like it should... maybe the impeller fell off or the internal hose is busted.

I pulled the line at the banjo bolt and cranked it for a good 30 seconds, and nary a drop came out. Being that everything appears to be working otherwise, I'm assuming an internal failure with the pump.

I'll drop the tank this weekend and have a look.

So run the pump and check for flow & pressure at the inlet to the filter.

So run the pump and check for flow & pressure at the inlet to the filter.

Thanks. That's a good idea.

This issue is frustrating and I'm getting ahead of myself.

Got it running a week or so ago! It was the cold start time switch. This is a hectic time of year, so I took a break from my projects. Anyhow, it popped into my mind. I tested and needed to replace it.

My previous two trucks weren't suped up any more than a size or two larger tires, and since this one is a project, I've got the itch.

Is there a write up on desmogging/EGR block-off? Does it make a big difference on the 22RE? A lot of people do a lot of things to engines, but those things aren't always worth the time or money.

Got it running a week or so ago! It was the cold start time switch. This is a hectic time of year, so I took a break from my projects. Anyhow, it popped into my mind. I tested and needed to replace it.

My previous two trucks weren't suped up any more than a size or two larger tires, and since this one is a project, I've got the itch.

Is there a write up on desmogging/EGR block-off? Does it make a big difference on the 22RE? A lot of people do a lot of things to engines, but those things aren't always worth the time or money.
LC Engineering makes everything you need to do a clean Desmog, but, it does not make much difference. Easier to make sure the stuff already on your engine works as intended.

LC Engineering makes everything you need to do a clean Desmog, but, it does not make much difference. Easier to make sure the stuff already on your engine works as intended.

I didnt figure it made a difference but thought I'd ask. As far as I can tell, everything is working as it should. I'll just leave it as is.

I guess the only reason I would block off the EGR is if it fails. The block off kit is cheaper than an EGR, and I dont have to pass emissions.

I didnt figure it made a difference but thought I'd ask. As far as I can tell, everything is working as it should. I'll just leave it as is.

I guess the only reason I would block off the EGR is if it fails. The block off kit is cheaper than an EGR, and I dont have to pass emissions.
They do get clogged, could be worth checking/cleaning it up. But I say drive it and enjoy for now. :steer:

I like this truck... a lot:cheers:

Good tactic. I had one fail in my '84 (carb'd 22R) which caused a massive vacuum leak and the thing ran like crap. Blocked it off with a piece of beer can, ran great after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom