New guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jemezdude said:
Well, I don't want to spend money on tons of maintenance. I don't have it. I guess cruisers are just too expensive for me. Yup, you've talked me out of it. I'll get me a nice 4runner:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/3398981181.html

:meh:
Go for the runner-they look just like an 80, they are cheaper to run and maintain, you get a manual and part time 4 wd. A friend of mine from high school has a 98 with 328k on the original engine and he has only just now had to replace the front CV joints.
These are truly great rigs and other than the iconic 40 series, it is probably amongst the best rigs Toyota has ever made.
Offer him $100 less so you can get the white letters on the tires turned inside.
Josh

:lol:

I personally wouldn't mess with the Wulf.

...and he is, after all, joking.

:rolleyes:

What Onur said. Don't mess with Texas Mikey.

Sorry, new to the smart phone thing and forgot to check for more recent posts.
Congrats on the 80. I like the green for what it's worth. I don't think I've ever seen a Runner in that green so it helps to tell them apart.
Ash is a great asset to this club, no Question. Take him up on a chance to drive his wagon. It's one of the nicest I've seen and he is great at doing things well on the cheap.

3I13N13Hc5G95V05Efcao762bdb541dfc1002.jpg

To heck with an 80.
Trade him the Goldwing and cash for this 4runner on 37's :D

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/3361927821.html

Take him up on a chance to drive his wagon. It's one of the nicest I've seen.

X2 I have been lucky enough to drive both and they are both sweet. Plus, he can walk you through his mods and how and why they came about.

If I had to pick three things I wanted in an 80 it would be good maintenance, a lift, and sliders. I think those three things get you pretty far, and you can mod more if you want or leave it alone as well and still tackle a lot.

Marc did that to us too. I remember about 10 different vehicles he obsessed over during his 6 month search which ended up with a mall Cruiser for Danise.

-Mike-

Was it only 6 months?

marcfj60 said:
Was it only 6 months?

It felt like 9 months followed by a C-section. :D
-Mike-

HJ47 said:
Sorry, new to the smart phone thing and forgot to check for more recent posts.
Congrats on the 80. I like the green for what it's worth.

Try to keep up Josh. We've moved on from that one after the offer was accepted and now the search continues. As far as you liking the green..... You've been in OZ for the last 10 years and musta gone daft if you like that putrid colour.

-Mike-

beno said:
...and he is, after all, joking.

:rolleyes:

Of course I am joking. We have to keep a sense of humor to love these expensive toys that get us to the middle of nowhere and back (with a little luck.)
-Mike-

Of course I am joking. We have to keep a sense of humor to love these expensive toys that get us to the middle of nowhere and back (with a little luck.)
-Mike-

Mike fails to use the emoticons liberally to reflect his truly, archaic and yet backward style humor more often than not ......:flipoff2:

You think like girl.

:flipoff2: :D :lotsa emoticons:

For the record, I have not been upset in the least by anything anyone has posted on this thread, even Tex-noxious Mike... it's all just truck guys talking truck talk. I trust that no one has been put off by any of my posts, either. If so, here's a tissue for your issue (chucking unopened box of kleenex).
I'm still feeling blessed to have found such a great group who care enough to be cool to a noob like me (sniff)...
... even if I'm not SERIOUS :)

Beowulf said:
Try to keep up Josh. We've moved on from that one after the offer was accepted and now the search continues. As far as you liking the green..... You've been in OZ for the last 10 years and musta gone daft if you like that putrid colour.

-Mike-

Must have been all the cameras and the extreme heat.... But I still like green :) mind you, I'm more of a 6L4 man...
Josh

It still hauls my family around to various malls and octopus car wash locations all over Albuquerque (I go for the tire shine option). It looks like the one you bought is already well upgraded so it will do very well.

Fixed...

Congrats!:bounce:

Last edited:
when did Marc become the voice of unreasonable insanity around here? I've been upgrading my trucks for years and wonder why it hasn't afff...fffe...fffe...fffected him!:D

Might has well fix this one too! :bang: :flipoff2: :meh:

You guys are the best, always keeping me on the straight and narrow. And I'll have you know it's been at least a month since I got the tire shine applied so they almost look dirty now.

Sat in 3 4runners last night, a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen... yeah, that's not gonna work. Way too small. Looks like it's a LC or nothin'. And I think I can wait to buy one locally. I'd feel much better having it thoroughly checked out before I buy. I don't like surprises.

I'm going camping, gonna clear my head. You guys have a good week. :cheers::steer::beer::flipoff2:

Well, I don't want to spend money on tons of maintenance. I don't have it. I guess cruisers are just too expensive for me. Yup, you've talked me out of it. I'll get me a nice 4runner:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/3398981181.html

:meh:

FWIW I know the guy who is selling that 3rd Gen, good guy. Looks like he's getting rid of some toys though. He also has a 1st Gen Taco, and a couple of 1st Gen 4x4s.

FWIW I know the guy who is selling that 3rd Gen, good guy. Looks like he's getting rid of some toys though. He also has a 1st Gen Taco, and a couple of 1st Gen 4x4s.

I really like that runner! I've tried dealing with the guy, but he won't come down on his price (his ad says OBO) and he won't let me have it inspected or tell me any history on it. My offer's on the table, but I'm not gonna buy a truck blind. Honesty, I don't think he wants to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom