new French pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I will have the solution I ll share it. The brain work is quite achieved.

Hi, As I waited the weather is cold to fix the doors an it did not really get very cold, I did nothing more. as I will not be able enjoy my piggy during this task I prefer to be lazy. But for the next spring it will be done . i am thinking hard to make a rear bumper who look oem as much as possible. And strong.

I'm guessing that with the ingenuity you've shown so far and some steel channel cut and boxed in the right way, you'll be able to make a really nice substitute. I'll be watching!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451527375.726163.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Update. I removed ter glass fiber on tue up part of the door, removed coats... And discovered the situation. Made a ptch for the outside skin, still not finished but I am quite happy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

quick update. finished right doors, installed yesterday, and made a small trip to hear the engine purr. then a car wash.
tomoroww I will get new mirrors, then I' ll have to install driver glass.

IMG_20161016_125113.jpg

Update. Finished the left doors and the rear bumper made with a front lj 70 bumper. A huge work. Cut in lenght cause it was too high. Then made it wider with a modelled part welded in the middle, and changed the angle of the side parts. Much cutting, welding, grinding, sanding. It is the most oem like I could do. Quite happy. Some pictures

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Man, good job on the bumper. I made my own and tried to get it close to OEM, but not as nice as yours.

Perhaps, but I think your one is stronger than mine. Anyway for my use il will be ok.

Great effort, love the landscapelandscape

I feel like a kid who ditched class on pizza day...what an amazing thread. GOOD WORK!

@tatat thank you for sharing your journey! I have a similar one ahead of me with the roof i fear and your approach, skills and results has given me faith that I'll be able to make something work. After you cut the roof off did you simply replace it with flat sheet and weld it to the formed edges you made at the gutters?

Do you have any recent photos of your adventures with your family?!

Hi brisvaganbj42. For the roof I reused the main part, I just replaced the edges, then put the reusable part on the new parts and welded it. Not a very nice job but I did my best. I am still thinking on building one in fiberglass, but it needs a to builld a model in any material, then a mold, then the roof. Much work and much time.

image.jpeg
Repared the front bumper and new paint. I am still for a solution to spray rustol, a kind of rustoleum we find here in the roof channels before reinstall a .headliner. Any idea?

hows that thing work @J Mack ? I mean, howd you make it?

hows that thing work @J Mack ? I mean, howd you make it?

Bought the one for my pressure pot spray gun 30+ years ago, can’t remember the manufacture but similar to the flexible tip these guys sell (52-2410) but uses soft copper instead of rubber hose. I used this setup to spray epoxy primer and an undercoating in all the hard to reach areas.

Coating/Painting Equipment » Spray Gun Extensions

I also uses a (RP-100 Gun kit w/2 wands) style gun to spray a waxy/Cosmoline type coating in every nook and cranny after the pig was painted before final assembly.

Lemmer rust proofing spray equipment | corrosion control | corrosion inhibitor | rust inhibitor | undercoating | sound barrier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom