new French pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, not sure it is the right place but I am the happy new owner of a 1978 pig. Rusty, noisy, but I love it. On the picture she is waiting for me to the port. the engine started at first attempt an I drove her home (550 km) without a problem.

SAM_0356.jpg

Welcome Tatat,

It looks like a clean one. Tell us alittle more about it. Where did you import from. Any plans for the wagon?

I have been looking for a long time a pig, very rare in Europe and the pig is imported from Australia,in a wine product area, and I live in a wine product area too so the pig will not be too much disoriented. So RHD, which is funny here,350000km to the odometer but it doesnt work anymore.the engine is strong, cluch, brakes, gearbox are ok. Next step is to get french papers. I will have first to remove electical adds, fix horn which does not work,the temp jauge stay very low but not freezed, so I think the cooling system must be checked. the anmeter doesnt work. The project is to fix rust, to make the car as beautiful as possible. I like the stock style. I need others bumpers, I dont like these ones. She has Much rust to the roof, and is quite good on others places. It seems that one previous owner have yet done some body work I hope not discover bad surprises.

Tatat,

There will always be surprises when comes to Landcruisers, that's part of the fun. There's alot of help, here on the board, so keep reading.

Good luck with it.

thanks to you all. Here people look at me and are surprised by, with the pig, they are not used to and dont know what is it. The row bar is very exotic too., To the gas station a guy talked to me and liked the car very much, especially the amby doors. He laghed when I started the engine cause here trucks only run diesel.

About the front wheel drive switch on the daschboard.
Can anyone explain me the use of this swich?

she has 4 speed on the floor, manual Wheels hubs .
I have already engaged 4L and 4H and it works with no use of the swich . Is it supposed to help?

To help it is the swich in the yellow mark on the picture ( I modified a LHD picture to a RHD like my Aussie pig)

$(KGrHqV,!qEE9d8f!!V,BPjIdYJJZg~~60_57.jpg

yes, there are one lever for 4 gears and a lever for TC, and this optional swich , in the user's manual it is mentioned as an optional device with no more detail...

The front bumper looks a little tweeked. Is it bent?
Please post a few more pics.
Is it a gasser then? From OZ? (I know a couple Aussies who are full of gas, but they are not cars.)

Sounds like you have an inoperable optional switch if you have a floor shifter for the transfer case, maybe

Pics... pics.. pics....

Thanks guys for your interest.
Yes, the front bumper is not in a good health. it will be changed later, Do you think a Land Rover seriesIII bumper would fit? They look similar...Heresy or accepted idea in the mind of IPPS users?
But first I will go to holidays, then registration, then I will post pics, I promise.
It is now more than 1 year I read Iron Pig Preservation Society each day, I subscribed only when I had my own piggie.

Sacrilegious heresy!!!

Hahaha.

Guess I'll quit complaining about how hard parts are to find here, since it's probably impossible there.

It would not be difficult for a fab shop to make an OEish looking bumper, since they're very simple, as a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom