new bumper and rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

great job cam, i know we had talked about this a bit, looks like you came thru on it. very nice!

how did you reinforce the inside of the tub for the upper mounts? can you post pics of that? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :D

thanks dog, yeah i decided to get off my a$$ and do work.

im in th process of getting the reinforcement mounts done. i might wait till i take the top off, its hard to get in there with it on, not driving anywhere soon, shes all torn apart,

what ill do is run a plate the same as the one on the mounts that will bolt to on the inside then run a piece of tube from the inner mount to the roll cage,

no no i dig the whole rack ...just wondered how heavy ..if you had to drop the spare down... (that looked heavy) not the tubing... good rack i like it alot

no no i dig the whole rack ...just wondered how heavy ..if you had to drop the spare down... (that looked heavy) not the tubing... good rack i like it alot

no i understand what your saying, the nice thing is you fold it down to get the tire off and its only a foot off the ground in stead of lifting70-90 pounds up to put it on the rack

Cam,

I was just wondering why you chose this type of rack over the standard swing-out type? Is it the weight? More attachment points?

Just curious

Cam,

I was just wondering why you chose this type of rack over the standard swing-out type? Is it the weight? More attachment points?

Just curious

i would have to say the stinger style and looks. great protection and i like lifting the tire a foot verses four feet.

Last edited:
what are you using for pins/latches on the two upper mounts?

lookin great, nice work with the tube...

malphrus

what are you using for pins/latches on the two upper mounts?

lookin great, nice work with the tube...

malphrus

ill get pics, i have some trailers pins

here they are
1800887785338080_1.jpg

:cool: that is one sweet carrier, how much to make one for my 74?

depends how much i gotta do, would you have a bumper already?

parts and stuff is close to 250.00 maybe a little more then its all labor form their. lots of cutting and notching and you would have to leave the vehicle here porbably because its not a design thats cookie cutter.

also depends on how serious you are.

Thanks for the show and tell...and the spare carrier looks great.

Very nice, I am in serious need of a bumper/tire carrier too. :cool:

That would be cool if you could somehow incorporate a support leg where you could use it as a table/work stand. ;)

got the holes patched and painted,

bumper painted and the stinger painted, will be putting it back together soon and wiring the lights,

still need to add some things like antena mount, hi lift, back up lights lisence plate etc.. easy as pie...
IMG_1505.jpg
IMG_1506.jpg
IMG_1507.jpg

i hope you got four more of those meats, ha ha...looks great man.

have you thought about sprayin some herculiner on the stinger around where you'd grab it for some grippage?

can't wait to see if all mounted up and on the trail

malphrus

clean bro me likey ... still thinking how i want to do my bumpetr tire carrier...your looks good

nice racks on both sides...lol i like the fab work looks very clean and welds are nice. hope it holds up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom