NEW 2011 Land cruiser LC200 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There everyone

I just purchased a 2011 Toyota Land Cruiser with 80k miles Toyota certified for 38k. Do you think i got a good price for this vehicle.

Next What mods do you anyone of you LC200 owners would recommend me doing.

Thanks everyone for the feedback

Yeah but its very hard to find them in that price range in the bay area California.

If it's in great condition with a good service history, I think you did just fine.

You're gonna love it! Congrats, and welcome to Mud. :)

Hi There everyone

I just purchased a 2011 Toyota Land Cruiser with 80k miles Toyota certified for 38k. Do you think i got a good price for this vehicle.

Next What mods do you anyone of you LC200 owners would recommend me doing.

Thanks everyone for the feedback

Welcome to Mud!! I think that's a very reasonable price. I too purchased an '11 LC just a month ago. It had just under 49k miles and I paid $43k. Ultimately the price is always what someone is willing to pay, and to me it was worth stepping up a little to get what I wanted which was a southern rust-free rig, with low miles and mint condition. If your rig meets YOUR requirements, then yes the price is good as it's within the current market range for year/miles. Mods out the gate would be to first baseline the fluids, lubricate the KDSS valves (do a search on KDSS), and throw some sliders on the rig. Sliders are my next mod as I have done all of the aforementioned items. Then, if you're planning on lifting, there are several options based on your budget. Heck, if your budget allows, there are many members on here that I am confident will be more than willing to give you some great recommendations regarding lift, bumpers, gears, storage, etc. This is the greatest forum on the net, but guard your wallet closely as browsing this great forum has cost me many, many $$$$ :)

Welcome man!!! I bought an '11 a little over a year ago for $35k with 80k on the clock. No rust or damage, good service records, older couple just used it as a road trip car. But it did have paint scratches and the fake wood shifter was worn.

I think you got a respectable price, and I wouldn't feel like I paid too much if it was mine.

'11 is a great year, in a way I'm kinda proud to have the last US land cruiser ever made that requires 100% driver input. No radar to save me or someone else! That will be a fun talking point in 20 years when cars will take a lot of the human equation out of driving.

Last edited:
Welcome man!!! I bought an '11 a little over a year ago for $35k with 80k on the clock. No rust or damage, good service records, older couple just used it as a road trip car. But I did have paint scratches and the fake wood shifter was worn.

I think you got a respectable price, and I wouldn't feel like I paid too much if it was mine.

'11 is a great year, in a way I'm kinda proud to have the last US land cruiser ever made that requires 100% driver input. No radar to same me or someone else! That will be a fun talking point in 20 years when cars will take a lot of the human equation out of driving.

Radar cruise is great, especially when you want to take a quick nap while driving through Nebraska. Good thing the alignment was spot on.

Radar cruise is great, especially when you want to take a quick nap while driving through Nebraska. Good thing the alignment was spot on.

Agreed. It works great along with one of these through the Midwest:

clubdoublehooks2.jpg

IMG_0244.PNG

Congrats!!! And enjoy, it's yours now and everyone here (for them most part) is of the mindset these are 20-30 year vehicles... If yours is certified used it must be in pretty good condition so have fun... This website and the people on it are a wealth of great information to make you LC your own...

P.S. someone on this site found a little tray that fits inside the top of the arm rest cooling box, $20.00 on amazon. Great first mod...

Jeff

Congrats on the new ride!

I think it sounds like got a really good deal on your 11 with 80k.

Since it is certified I am under the impression only vehicles with clean car fax history can be certified. So assuming the condition is good.

In the past 90 days I sold one of my 200s the one that had 57k miles. I sold it to s local Chevy dealer for $40k in January, they sent it to an auction in Texas in Feb, where it sold for $43k, it then turned up at a dealer in KY listed for sale at $48k .
With shipping and auction fees the dealer that has it now likely has around $45k invested in it.

So having just watched all that happen with one of my 2011 model 200's this year, I really believe $38k was really good deal for you.

Something I have seen over the past 7 or 8 years with having owned 4 different 200s in that time, is that there are so few imported to the US market, that when dealers are trying to access their value, they seem to be all over the place. On the last one I had dealer buy bid offers were ranging from 34k-40k, and eventually seen with the dealer that has it now, he stepped up to likely $45k all in. That's a $10k spread between various dealers opinions of what that same 200 was worth.

I have also noticed when shopping for them, that there seems to be hot spots around the US where you find quite a few to pic from , and other parts where there won't be a single one for sale in a several hundred mile radius.

That is a very good price esp in Bay Area. I picked up my 11 LX570 with 78k miles 4 months ago for $36300 in Houston. Welcome !! :flipoff2:

Can't agree more, pretty cool feature.

I paid $37.5k for an 11 with 75k miles in January. It had all service records with brand new tires and a new water pump. It was by far the best deal I could find in a four hour radius.

Welcome to the obsession

One thing I never do after I commit, purchase and take possession is wonder if I got a good deal. You evaluated the facts and made your decision and it seemed right at the time. Having it certified gives you the peace of mind to know if something breaks, it's covered.

Besides, markets vary, conditions vary and not everyone is looking at the same data with the same experiences you are

Congrats on a great purchase

Welcome to the obsession

One thing I never do after I commit, purchase and take possession is wonder if I got a good deal. You evaluated the facts and made your decision and it seemed right at the time. Having it certified gives you the peace of mind to know if something breaks, it's covered.

Besides, markets vary, conditions vary and not everyone is looking at the same data with the same experiences you are

Congrats on a great purchase

Good post, and so true. If you got a great truck, and it's in the ballpark? Just enjoy it. If you're like me and many others here...you'll be spending so much on eventual mods...the difference now will be small potatoes anyway. :hillbilly:

Good post, and so true. If you got a great truck, and it's in the ballpark? Just enjoy it. If you're like me and many others here...you'll be spending so much on eventual mods...the difference now will be small potatoes anyway. :hillbilly:
But for some reason I don't see much mods for the LC200 like My FJ cruiser

In the US, LC's sell fewer than 2000 trucks per average year. So they will always be niche with numbers like that compared with Tacomas, Tundras, 4Runners & FJs. Even Slee is only just now about to release his rear bumper for it and we're 9 years into 200s! That timing is does make sense, though, as the used market really begins to open up to those looking for a $30-40k mod machine.

Definitely limited market for bumper-makers, etc., though the options are really e

Last edited:

Go to the 200 series FAQ and the last section. Look through the Build Threads and you will see there are a lot you may not realize

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom