New 2006 LX in Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking to improve my fog lights. My first mod was to retrofit the Matchbox HID projector into the OEM fog light with minimal results and requires running a harness, ballast etc. Next was to mount 4 Diode Dynamic SSC2 pods so I ordered the pro series in combo which is spot and wide beam pattern and 2 spot beam pattern. The SSCS combo has a wide diffuser on one side and a spot on the other well the first thing I noticed there isn’t a left and right light. They both had the wide diffuser on the same side…huh! called Diode and asked about it and they said that’s the way they were designed… How hard would it be to flip the diffuser during the manufacturing process.
I knew TRS was about to release the 4 Banger Pods so I ordered the HXB in a wide and spot pattern which is their highest output 4Banger and are stupid expensive but I’m blown away by the output especially the wide pattern. All the pictures are with my headlights turned off and I’ll try and find a completely dark area in the few days for better output also the spots need a little adjusting. As I side note the wide beam pod were just validated photometrically compliant with SAE F 20 regulations for use as a street legal fog light. I’m thinking the wide pattern produces better output then OEM headlights

AE2AABAA-B635-4CC4-8B09-0F906943591E.jpeg

39000522-6801-4421-8F42-8C0B8F6A761F.jpeg

6781AA8E-363D-4B04-8421-92D49AEB8EC2.jpeg

84484360-74A3-4B1C-A528-5F59A51BAB4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Not at all … we have a Volvo store 2 blocks away. This is the Polestar2 EV. that I bought at Princeton Polestar. The fog lights are absolutely unreal especially the wide beam…. I just might swap out the spot for amber wide beam😳

Picked up a Dometic fridge single zone
CFX3 55 and a Dometic slide. I looked into a Goose gear plate but price and 6 week lead time convinced me to make one. I used Baltic birch plywood

1ADCA77D-AB46-47AD-8444-09B95C5D8CCD.jpeg

F5AC1BAE-8F52-4475-9890-09CCCEC0E7DA.jpeg

73C0AB22-2A17-405E-AC4C-037E04E7EBF6.jpeg

908CC386-E8DF-435F-A3A5-9E94307EA34E.jpeg

FAEAF5D5-1D0A-44B2-8FCD-8407D263BBEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Funny enough I found this thread by looking up the Nitto Recon Grapplers. Then discovered it was Luke's thread and I dived back down the headlight rabbit hole...

Unfortunately I went back overseas before I could get your light kit you sold me installed but I've been looking forward to that project when I get back. But... I've been looking through your thread... Thinking I want to add to my to-do list.

In you high beams you said you put in the Morimoto LED Hi-Lens. You still liking those? Figure If I'm going in there might as well replace the old high beams anyway. I got the Mini H1 8.0 stage III kit from you. How much work am I looking at there to get some new high beams? Looks like from what you said I have to cut the shaft off light and source another one, seems to be plug and play otherwise. Is this correct?

Thanks. Love the cooler by the way! Thought you said the LX was going to be your daily though... I don't know many people with a fridge in their daily haha.

Funny enough I found this thread by looking up the Nitto Recon Grapplers. Then discovered it was Luke's thread and I dived back down the headlight rabbit hole...

Unfortunately I went back overseas before I could get your light kit you sold me installed but I've been looking forward to that project when I get back. But... I've been looking through your thread... Thinking I want to add to my to-do list.

In you high beams you said you put in the Morimoto LED Hi-Lens. You still liking those? Figure If I'm going in there might as well replace the old high beams anyway. I got the Mini H1 8.0 stage III kit from you. How much work am I looking at there to get some new high beams? Looks like from what you said I have to cut the shaft off light and source another one, seems to be plug and play otherwise. Is this correct?

Thanks. Love the cooler by the way! Thought you said the LX was going to be your daily though... I don't know many people with a fridge in their daily haha.
The LX has been replaced with a Polestar 2 EV as my daily driver. So that opened the door for a few modifications to the LX😳
The fridge was a spur of the moment purchase and required a secure install.
I have a easy solution for your HB… go to my site and look at the HB/DRL option. Or give me a call for a fluid discussion 703-371-8494

Last edited:
Nice work! I'm about to do a set of rear drawers in my '06 with the same tan leather interior. Where did you source that carpet to cover the birch? I'm planning to do a similar top covering over my drawer setup.

CFX3 55 and a Dometic slide. I looked into a Goose gear plate but price and 6 week lead time convinced me to make one. I used Baltic birch plywood

Nice work! I'm about to do a set of rear drawers in my '06 with the same tan leather interior. Where did you source that carpet to cover the birch? I'm planning to do a similar top covering over my drawer setup.
Home Depot

The underside of the LX is getting a serious upgrade. Along with the Slee shocks I ordered Trail Tailor rear upper and lower control arms and front and rear extended sway bar links.

9D88102B-C51C-4CAC-940B-3AB78E3C05F1.jpeg

The underside of the LX is getting a serious upgrade. Along with the Slee shocks I ordered Trail Tailor rear upper and lower control arms and front and rear extended sway bar links.

View attachment 3008966

I can't emphasize this enough.......LOCTITE and or tack weld the jam nuts on the those control arms once you get them adjusted how you like. I have had NOTHING but problems with my TT real upper/lower control arms. They would continually come loose as I drove regardless of how tight they were cranked down. I would have to tighten them every time I got to a destination (even as little as 10 miles). Finally went with a TON of Blue LocTite to keep the jam nuts from loosening. Was not impressed at all.

I can't emphasize this enough.......LOCTITE and or tack weld the jam nuts on the those control arms once you get them adjusted how you like. I have had NOTHING but problems with my TT real upper/lower control arms. They would continually come loose as I drove regardless of how tight they were cranked down. I would have to tighten them every time I got to a destination (even as little as 10 miles). Finally went with a TON of Blue LocTite to keep the jam nuts from loosening. Was not impressed at all.
Interesting, I will follow your advice. So do you think this a design flaw and wondering if others have had the same issue? The owner of TT drives a 100 series so one would think this has come to his attention. Thank you

View attachment 3004525

View attachment 3004526

View attachment 3004527

View attachment 3004537

View attachment 3004538

I am really liking this platform. Goose Gear seems so expensive to me for what it is, and then I have to use their drawer systems, which are also super expensive. Great idea here.

Interesting, I will follow your advice. So do you think this a design flaw and wondering if others have had the same issue? The owner of TT drives a 100 series so one would think this has come to his attention. Thank you

I think mine were possibly defective from the get-go. But no way to really prove it. Others have said they never experienced what I did whereas some have said they LocTite their jam nuts from the start so never knew if it would ever become a problem. I do think Blue LocTite should be a "standard" procedure for these as it tends to be for other threaded connections that could move under vibration. They are nice in the sense that the arms are beefy as heck and can take hits that would otherwise bend the OEM arms. I'm most likely switching to the SPC control arms in the future which are non-adjustable, but still as beefy as the adjustable ones.

I am really liking this platform. Goose Gear seems so expensive to me for what it is, and then I have to use their drawer systems, which are also super expensive. Great idea here.
This was a quick and easy solution. The price of Baltic Birch has almost doubled like other lumber over the past two years. It also comes in odd sizes…locally I purchased a sheet that was 5 x 5 and used almost the entire sheet. Baltic birch is like working with a hardwood and securely holds nails and screws.
I’m also building a platform to level the space when the 2nd row is flipped up.
Next week I’m adding flange L Track ordered from the link below. I’ll post pictures of the progression

Dialing in the shelf extension which after test fitting I added to the curve section for a closer fit. i also cut it 60/40 so depending on how many passengers I’m hauling I’ll still have a level area for additional space.

AA3CDED2-B95C-4580-A294-04EE20C45F7E.jpeg

D3D83DE2-1783-4090-8B27-A6DA5249FDE4.jpeg

53838183-C2AB-495C-B515-AD83618BCF29.jpeg

94D2BA68-3177-4494-B971-704F1A308D14.jpeg

D2F89AAA-FEDC-4FD0-A921-8A529909279B.jpeg

Last edited:
Just picked up my LX from the shop that installed the new Slee remote reservoir
shocks, Trail Tailor rear upper and lower control arm and front and rear extended sway bar links. I did order the Adjustable compression front shocks.
This set up is amazing it feels like AHC maybe better. Super smooth over bumps, nothings harsh and soaks up everything.
I couldn’t be happier…I thought my headlight RETROFIT was the best mod I’ve ever done …. I’m wrong these shocks and setup has trumped the headlight mod and worth ever penny. On the way home I was waiting for the harsh feeling that has always been associated with my truck running OME. Not once did I feel anything harsh….SLEE has truly done an amazing job developing these shocks for the LX and Land Cruiser… Please don’t judge any surface rust you see the trucks going in to have the complete undercarriage treatment at IRON PIG OFFROAD

2C996612-B427-4AEB-8D16-CEA08F802426.jpeg

BF7F5591-98A4-4353-9351-CABFE9EA5114.jpeg

DFD11BD9-AEF5-475C-B81B-6626616936A2.jpeg

AA66DBCC-A293-4561-898D-CF1C797DE4F2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom