Need help identifying this roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this stock 1974 FJ40 woth original paint (except the white roof and front bezel that have been repainted), motor, working smog equipment, etc.... It came with the roof rack in the pictures that I am going to sell. I have no idea how long it's been on the truck or its value. Anyone have any ideas on who manufactured it and how much it's worth? I like the rack but if I pull in forward to my garage I have a 1/4" of clearance. I am getting ready to install a 2.5" lift and 33" tires. This means the rack has to go. Any help would be appreciated.

20170327_230810.jpg

20170327_230640.jpg

20170327_230439.jpg

20170327_225337.jpg

20170327_225303.jpg

I have no idea what it's worth, but put me down as a potential buyer. At least first right of refusal.

I vote early model Con-Ferr. The rack itself looks like the one that I own. But the mounts are different.

Nice 40! Basket looks Con-ferr style. Put me in line as a potential buyer as well.

It looks a lot like the Wilderness Rack on my 40. Yours does have some subtle differences, however, and it appears a bit smaller. The mounts are the same.

S6301387.JPG

Wilderness

NRS quick mounts is correct
Quick-N-Easy Car Top Racks - Set at nrs.com

And it looks like the mounts need to be spaced further out to engage the rain gutter on the 40 better.

Probably a couple hundred bucks would be about right for a price.

This looks just like the rack sitting in my basement - gutter mounts and all.

Mine is definitely a garven wilderness rack.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for all the information on it. Now I need to come up with a fair price. Looks like a new on with hardware would run about $850.00. What are your thoughts for a used one complete with hardware?

I actually saw a previous classified ad here on Mud with someone selling a wilderness rack - looks like it went for about $300.

Not a Confer, but I do like the mounts-wonder if they would work on my full size 5X7 Confer? They appear to be some type of quick release?? Probably need four on each side for my larger rack, neat mounts though;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom