NC LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did around 600 miles last weekend through VA and across NC. When coming down the mountains I could feel a vibe coming from the rear. Since my mishap loosing the wheel in Fayetteville, I knew that rotor was rolling down highway it wasn't in the best shape and a likely culprit.

Monday I ordered new rotors and pads for the rear. RR looked good. LR e-brake assembly was covered in 90w oil. Went ahead and decided to service the rear hubs too. Currently sitting on jack stands waiting on bearing kits to come in.

Edit: Replaced Inner/Outer Wheel Bearings and Hub Race's. New rear Rotors and Pads.

Last edited:
I'm Finally getting to install the rocket launchers in the 80.

IMG_3577.JPG

I had dreamed of mounting a pair of .50 cals in the same place but RL's would be a good option for larger nuisances!
Apparently I was dreaming too. I realized I'm not a rocket scientist and decided to stick with what I know. Went with fog lights instead.

I used 3" exhaust pipe and a fog light kit for 2015 Camaro. Used a little seam sealer I had left from another project to bond the Camaro mounts to exhaust pipe.

IMG_3570.JPG

IMG_3578.JPG

View attachment 1415985

Still need to paint the bumper and wire the lights. Im pretty happy with how it came out.
IMG_3582.JPG

Last edited:
Apparently I was dreaming too. I realized I'm not a rocket scientist and decided to stick with what I know. Went with fog lights instead.

I used 3" exhaust pipe and a fog light kit for 2015 Camaro. Used a little seam sealer I had left from another project to bond the Camaro mounts to exhaust pipe.

View attachment 1415983

View attachment 1415984

View attachment 1415985

Still need to paint the bumper and wire the lights. Im pretty happy with how it came out.
View attachment 1415986

Aren't you one clever, creative son of a gun! I have a vision of doing something similar with my 62....cutting out sections of the front bumper for fog lights vs. mounting them above.

This has turned into quite a project.

Sand. Primer with filler. Sand. Prime. Sand. Glazing Putty. Sand. Another coat of primer and more wet sanding, I think it will be ready for paint.

IMG_3587.JPG

Update: Sprayed some color. Saw a spot I missed and didnt like how the plastic trim for the projector lens blended into the bumper. Went with a 2.75" round led light instead. After more sanding and primer I finally sprayed the bumper and end caps at lunch today.

IMG_3589.JPG

Last edited:
Aint bodywork grand??? It can be as fun as an OCD person having to load a dishwasher...

That looks great.

I put the bumper back on early this morning. Its amazing how not having scratched corners makes the entire truck look better. Now I realize how bad the rest of the plastic cladding looks. I have a lot of extra paint so I may have to do something about it.

IMG_3595.JPG

On the Plastic inserts, instead of the black plastic, I color matched it to the oak interior.
IMG_3600.JPG

@SeanLX and @Green Hell Mustang if you need some touch up paint, i have more than Ill ever use.

Last edited:
Looks great!! Are they floods or did you have to aim them?
They are floods. Just a pair of amazon Chinese crap I had. I'm on the look out for something of better quality. I liked the look of the larger led lens vs projector.

Very nice!

That turned out great!

Enjoyed talking with you at the M&G. Your daughter will be a head turner when she grows up.

Enjoyed talking with you at the M&G. Your daughter will be a head turner when she grows up.
Enjoyed talking with you too. Looking forward to future talks.

I was telling my wife about you looking at her and then looking and me and shaking your head laughing. I may be joining a gun club in the future.

Yesterday me and Brit left with the plan to end up in Asheville. Around 9am we stopped in Graham and had breakfast at Press Coffee and Crepes. Highly recommend! It has the "hole in the wall" feel and old town charm places are missing.

Well short version of the day went as follows:
Chapel Hill to Graham, Hwy 70 to Greensboro, Insterstate 40 to Hwy 421 into Boone. From Boone down the 105 to Grandfather Mountian for lunch. Starting from just outside of Grandfather Mountian, We did around 60 miles of Blueridge Parkway up to Mount Mitchell. Due to Blueridge closures, we back tracked from Mt. Mitchell towards Black Mountian. Then back on 40 into Asheville.

I managed to turn a 3.5 hr trip into 11 hours. I'd say today was a good day.

IMG_3636.JPG

Are you still in Asheville? Everybody seems to forget there are some of us out here and would be more that willing to grab lunch or a drink somewhere! :)
@jdayment Yes we are. We're on a anniversary trip. We Spent the day yesterday at the Biltmore and staying at Grove Park Inn. If I can get her to spend a few hours at the spa, I'll be in touch. ;)

We stayed at a Airbnb last night. Having coffee this morning, this guy came strutting by.

IMG_3656.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom