My scratch built expedition style trailer build up thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, in all seriousness, what do you think this trailer is worth? I am curious as I compare it to AT and other quality trailers I am trying to determine a market value for this little guy. Our family has grown to 5 total and we have added a 100 series to our stable. We are contemplating adding a pop up camper but this little guy has to go to fund it.

I would start at 14K...there's lots of proof how it's built...no detail was passed by.

It is specialized, and anyone that wants to add a serious matching (to a 40) one off trailer...this is it!

I liken it almost to a collectors item...just my 2 cents.

GLWTS

Drew,

You MUST keep this trailer. Your kids/grandkids need to fight over it when you're too old to camp.

Thanks guys, its bitter sweet but I think this would be our last season. I know I'll regret it but something with some kind of interior fits our family better than living "around" a trailer. I'm tempted to cut the rear of my 40, convert it to a 45 cab and bolt the trailer where the bed goes as a solo adventure vehicle!

How bout buying a cheap tacoma 4x4, single, extra, or double cab, and replace the bed with your camper? Build it with a tray and support legs to where you could disconnect it, and drive around, back under it, and reload onto the truck, and drive home.

Thats what i would do with it.

Last edited:
I got to work on the rear bumper today. I only had about an hour, so I cleaned up my "scrap" piece of 2x4x.125" tubing. Cost about 6 bucks at the local scrap yard. Woo-Hoo!

Most of my time was consumed by laying out where I wanted to place my rear tail lights and clearing the frame rails without any clearance issues. Pretty basic but it takes time to do it right.

Here are the two lousy pics from today's happenings...

Pic 1: This is my gut and feet, you might catch the bumper at the top of the picture ;)

Pic 2: You can see here how I lay things out for cutting and drilling... mucho exciting I am sure...

Can anyone guess what kind of tail lights I am using?
View attachment 161125View attachment 161126
You can even see your ID hand on this one, very nicely done..

Thanks guys, its bitter sweet but I think this would be our last season. I know I'll regret it but something with some kind of interior fits our family better than living "around" a trailer. I'm tempted to cut the rear of my 40, convert it to a 45 cab and bolt the trailer where the bed goes as a solo adventure vehicle!

^^^this would be AWESOME. It was my plan from before I decided to cut tha arse off of my fj55. Someday, it will be nice to have an off road RV...

'Great looking bugout trailer you made!
After using it for awhile, what are your thoughts on your electrical tongue box setup? Could you give us an update? What would you change, add, or not use again? Any details on your batteries, charger/inverter, connectors, etc. would be great appreciated. Thanks

The time has come: My family has outgrown this trailer. :(

I will be auctioning it off on eBay this fall. Stay tuned for updates.

Maybe it is hard to know the value... eBay lets me know what it is worth.

MUD raffle sell 250 tickets at $100 ea. I bet you’d sell that many tickets for this trailer. :confused: Wacky idea.

a lottery worth playing

but he'd prolly be able to play about 50-75 times for what he should expect to see for this rig...

If I could sell 250 raffle tickets at $100/ticket... count me in.

I've been pricing out the other options out there from some of the commercial companies... I think I know where it ought'a land price wise, just gotta clean it up, fix a few small items that need addressing and give it a good photo shoot.

Open to cash offers ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom