My scratch built expedition style trailer build up thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great build, and now that you've had the finished product for a while I have a few questions for you:

So how did your weight distribution turn out?
Weight on the tongue?
How's the highway stablity?
Had any issue backing up with the Pintle?

Great work! :beer:

Great build, and now that you've had the finished product for a while I have a few questions for you:

So how did your weight distribution turn out?
Weight on the tongue?
How's the highway stablity?
Had any issue backing up with the Pintle?

Great work! :beer:

Weight distribution is actually really good and weight on the tongue is not an issue, I can grab by myself and toss it onto the hitch. It is super stable at the speeds my fj40 is capable of ;) it'll do 60-70mph all day.

I don't use a pintle, i switched to a lock-n-roll before I ever had it on the road... It backs up fine, my skills aren't awesome backing up but but it isn't the trailers fault.

Thank you for the kind words, I enjoy the trailer a lot.

Love the trailer and the clean electrical area. Just have one question relating to electrical. Picture shows items on right side of batteries what is on the left where black access door is? Learning and wanting gather as much knowledge to build my future trailer.

Thats a shower bud.

Did the kitchen slides ever get finished, separate thread maybe? Followed you from your expo signature, curious to see if ever got finished..

Progress but not finished... three kiddo's and a 3 month work assignment away from home have SLOWED me down, we are using the trailer but not working on it.

Drew your build is awesome!

Did you fab up that propane tank mount? I have a L type mount, I just need the circle bracket.

My 5lb tank is 29" circumfrence. Any suggestions?

Also, Chrome won't let me open page 38 of your build, says there is Mallware on that page?

spent 12 hours reading all 54 pages, what a fantastic build. I had to register just to ask where do i find the kitchen build thread for this trailer?

again, as with everyone else, i am impressed.

by the way, how is your brood coming on? are you still finding time to use the trailer?

spent 12 hours reading all 54 pages, what a fantastic build. I had to register just to ask where do i find the kitchen build thread for this trailer?

again, as with everyone else, i am impressed.

by the way, how is your brood coming on? are you still finding time to use the trailer?

3 Kids and yes, we use the trailer whenever we can get away. My oldest (4 years old) loves it! To him its half tank half tree house.

I haven't built the kitchen yet... I may not get to it before we sell it and move up to a bigger tow vehicle. There's no way to fit all 5 of us in the 40, nor do I care to try.

Drew your build is awesome!

Did you fab up that propane tank mount? I have a L type mount, I just need the circle bracket.

My 5lb tank is 29" circumfrence. Any suggestions?

Also, Chrome won't let me open page 38 of your build, says there is Mallware on that page?

Chris, yes I fabbed up the propane mounts, they are holding up really well and are rock solid. If I did it over again. AT's bottle mounts are awesome and light... they are a no-brainer.

I got the same message on page 38, not sure what is going on with that... maybe it's too awesome for other computers to handle? :bounce: Kidding, I have no idea, it used to work something must have gotten boogered up.

Speaking of selling....I would be seriously interested in the 40. I've been missing mine to death.

That's a Sweet looking Mobile Home you've gone and made Yourself Sir! Nah, but really that's some damn fine craftsmanship and a good looking trailer.

That's a Sweet looking Mobile Home you've gone and made Yourself Sir! Nah, but really that's some damn fine craftsmanship and a good looking trailer.

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words.

Man, I started reading this thread back when you were trying to get it to CM08, lost track of the thread for several years and now just finished reading through it. Congrats on a great trailer and congrats on your growing family! I'm gearing up to (hopefully) start my own trailer build in the coming months and your thread actually helped sell the idea to my wife. Thanks for all the great information and inspiration :beer:

Oh and if you every do get that kitchen finished, I'd love to see it :cheers:

The time may have come to part with my trailer, my family's outgrown it!

May I have right of first refusal if you're selling?

This turned out great! I started watching this when I started my own build and MAY have borrowed ideas from you.

ok,so what about the kitchen?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom