My "new" sickness .. aka Max. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wash "him?" I thought we were to name our ships and rigs after females so as to remind us to treat them gently and with kindness.....and maybe some hugging.....and geez, would holding hands in public every once in a while kill you?!

I already have an Olive(even though she is a tad butch) in the stable, so I thought it is time to balance things out a bit ;)

So where do you lucky guys source those clusters with the tachometers and all the other nice gauges ? Mine now looks decidedly empty and bland !

Hi Dan, long time ..

Yeah thanks, when I initially saw the add I thought it was a mistake but it luckily turned out not to be. I just cannot stop driving this truck ! :steer:

Ok so I have a lead on 6 x OEM 15" 7JJ rims in seamingly good conditon.
fIgL3vtTaL-xHftUo1kt4HVzOpvv-6A8zcBSWTw8q20=w1263-h709-no

Out of the 6 rims, 5 are those expensive (according to TOYDIY)chrome type(not my fav on any cruiser) and the 6th is the normal plain silver.They originally came off of a PZJ 70 ser.My concern is whether they will stand up to the weight requirements of a loaded Troopy ?

Last edited:
HOO Tmarx, i call that a score.
And, by the way, it's not a disease, it's a blessing (at times disguised).
Hats off!

Welcome to the troopy sickness :) Looks like you have some panel replacements and some other tasteful modifications. Can you expand on some of those ?

Ok so I have a lead on 6 x OEM 15" 7JJ rims in seamingly good conditon.
fIgL3vtTaL-xHftUo1kt4HVzOpvv-6A8zcBSWTw8q20=w1263-h709-no

Out of the 6 rims, 5 are those expensive (according to TOYDIY)chrome type(not my fav on any cruiser) and the 6th is the normal plain silver.They originally came off of a PZJ 70 ser. My concern is whether they will stand up to the weight requirements of a loaded Troopy ?

I would run them with no issues, Theo. Those wheels are very heavy and well made. I would not have any reservation about running them.

Same wheels I have on my SWB 70-series, and I love them!

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the troopy sickness :) Looks like you have some panel replacements and some other tasteful modifications. Can you expand on some of those ?

Not too many modifications to speak of as yet but that will change ;)

Nope the truck came with them fitted - I am not a fan of checkered plating but have decided to leave them as is for the time being.When I figure out the rear layout I will probably change it for some flat stuff.My wife has fallen seriously in love with the Alu Cab fliptop conversion but I have kinda dug my heels in about them having to slightly change their design to follow the classic and IMHO defining lines of a Troopy .... so we will see who wins these rounds :rolleyes:

Nope the truck came with them fitted - I am not a fan of checkered plating but have decided to leave them as is for the time being.When I figure out the rear layout I will probably change it for some flat stuff.My wife has fallen seriously in love with the Alu Cab fliptop conversion but I have kinda dug my heels in about them having to slightly change their design to follow the classic and IMHO defining lines of a Troopy .... so we will see who wins these rounds :rolleyes:

They have come to the US. They get their first US conversions in May.... il waiting to make sure they are good before i commit.

I hope you guys also request a design change iro the "lid" of the tent to be less square and to rather follow all those OEM lines of the troopy.There are some threads in the Expedition section showing some pics of different designs.Do not get me wrong I like the quality, just not the square design.If they can make it round and slanted for the Land Rovers then they should have the means to do likewise for the Troopy.

I hope you guys also request a design change iro the "lid" of the tent to be less square and to rather follow all those OEM lines of the troopy.There are some threads in the Expedition section showing some pics of different designs.Do not get me wrong I like the quality, just not the square design.If they can make it round and slanted for the Land Rovers then they should have the means to do likewise for the Troopy.

Good to know, thanks for the pointers.

The 16" cheapo steelies were never going to last and so began my search for decent rims that would be strong enough to cope with a loaded Troopy. Being in Africa I obviously wanted 15 " rims so the order was rather tall. Then out of the blue I was offered a set of 5 x OEM 15" 7JJ rims off of a PZJ 70 ser. The only slight drawback was the bling factor as they were the chrome plated variant. Well they arrived in the post yesterday and I am stoked.They are very heavy, obviously very strong and the condition is "as new". Thank you Marius !
rim3.jpg

rim2.jpg

rim4.jpg

Now the hunt for a 6th one ...

Theo, they look mint!!! You will find the last one. I am also with you on a boy name for my Troopy. He is just too big to be a girl :)

Nice score on the wheels. Interesting that 15" rims are preferred. I thought 16" was an easy size to find all over the globe.

In remote Africa 15 " tyres are more readily available than 16 " tyres . Also 15 " are usually significantly cheaper and obviously I prefer the larger sidewall ..

Wow, beautiful. BTW, the museum wants their display back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom