My "new" sickness .. aka Max. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks mate :lol:

Unfortunately the feedback from Alu Cab has been very disappointing.In short they are not interested to do a " one -off " design change.I had hoped it would be viewed as being way more than just that and that it would at least be seen as an overall improvement on the old " square look " design.In addition, relocating the locking latches to the inside of the body shell would not only improve security(and probably insurance costs) but it would allow you to remain dry when setting up or breaking down camp but I guess if you have zero competition in a particular market then you can afford to be stagnant ...

I do not have a gripe with their price albeit that they are definately not shy ... - in this case: ZAR 78K :eek:

I have the Alu-cab tent on my car, and I want to start off by saying that we are absolutely impressed by the product and by their workmanship. BUT . . . we are also not happy with the shape :(

I understand that Alu-cab's reason for not changing their design is because the Troopy has been discontinued for sale in South Africa. This means that their chances of selling more pop-up tents are VERY small. All we can hope for is that the number of prospective DISCERNING clients in the US (and Aus, since they have opened shop over there too), will have them change their reasoning.

The latches on the outside is a very real problem! I have on a number of occasions, seen people fiddeling with them while my car was parked in a parking lot. It is probably just human nature, but if the latch wasn't visible, people would not try to open it. We will be modifying this ourselves soon.

Took out some T/C insurance ... ;)

TC%2BInsurance.jpg

in the US (and Aus, since they have opened shop over there too), will have them change their reasoning.

The latches on the outside is a very real problem! I have on a number of occasions, seen people fiddeling with them while my car was parked in a parking lot. It is probably just human nature, but if the latch wasn't visible, people would not try to open it. We will be modifying this ourselves soon.
Thanks for this, can you describe this more in detail. Ive been saving pennies for this and would like to know more, maybe a few pic?

Thanks for this, can you describe this more in detail. Ive been saving pennies for this and would like to know more, maybe a few pic?
Hi there!

We have not had time to get around to detail designing this, but as soon as we do, I will post pictures on the Cape Town Troop Carrier CTTC thread.

Hi there!

We have not had time to get around to detail designing this, but as soon as we do, I will post pictures on the Cape Town Troop Carrier CTTC thread.

Thanks, sorry i meant pics of the "problem", just trying to do some research on what i am getting into. But yes keep us in the loop on fixes too! Thanks!

Thanks, sorry i meant pics of the "problem", just trying to do some research on what i am getting into. But yes keep us in the loop on fixes too! Thanks!
@tmarx, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, so I'll just add one pic of the latches on the outside...
20160406_172142.jpg

Just zoom in on the top corner. You'll see that we had to put a padlock on to pevent anyone opening the roof, and by doing so, gaining access to the car

The NC denotes Northern Cape. A province in South Africa.

And then I found a bargain ...

20160729_134647.jpg

20160729_135317.jpg

12 / 1997 model with a 12v 1HD-T.She stood on a farm outside in the weather for 2 years and unfortunately before I could get there, the seller started and drove her.She still bumps into life even when cold at the first swing ... life is good !

Will try to pull the motor within the next month and stick it into the Troopy.

Oh I also found 2 x Zambian rego plates for a friend with a fetish ;)

Last edited:
Thanks

.. What's the pull switch for next to the filler cap?

To fill the main tank you push it in and to fill the aux tank you pull it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom