Builds My first FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you install longer flexible brake lines front and rear between the frame and axle? You can move the rear to the front and buy a new rear from a '95-'98 Toyota T100 pickup, Part Number 96940-34705. This set-up is good for 4/85 and up FJ60s and FJ62s.

I did not. Is that necessary for the OME 2"lift? I guess I can see it being needed before hitting a trail where I might see some flex, but for initial daily driving?

I did not. Is that necessary for the OME 2"lift? I guess I can see it being needed before hitting a trail where I might see some flex, but for initial daily driving?

Daily driving shouldn't be an issue. On mine when I had it on stands, the axle drooped far enough to really stretch the rear brake lines. Was fine after setting the truck on its wheels. I would however replace the lines on mine if I had it to do again. More just in the spirit of making the truck safe and replacing worn parts. Easy to do with the truck up on stands like that. Looking really good. Impressed with how quick you are breezing through this.

Replaced the broken latch on the center console. My life feels more complete now 🙂
D9ECBC1E-6E86-46BD-939D-B7EDC47A9115.jpeg

These trucks are great! You fix the brakes and then you really appreciate how much you like predictable stopping. You replace the exhaust and you remember what it is like to not breathe exhaust fumes. You replace the old not locking seat belts and remember what its like not to smash your face into the steering wheel when you stop suddenly. Its the little things.

These trucks are great! You fix the brakes and then you really appreciate how much you like predictable stopping. You replace the exhaust and you remember what it is like to not breathe exhaust fumes. You replace the old not locking seat belts and remember what its like not to smash your face into the steering wheel when you stop suddenly. Its the little things.

Yep, just re-greased the window regulators. No more muscle fatigue just trying to roll them down!

FINALLY....the lift is done. Had Friday off so I worked on finishing up the rear part of my OME lift. Took ALL day and then some, minus a lunch break and parts store run with the Mrs.

Went pretty smoothly. No real hang-ups at all. It just took forever because I was addressing rust spots and cleaning up the parts it was easy to get to with the wheels off.

From last weekend. What I started with....Not that the truck is doing bad, but this was the best looking wheel well area of the four.
IMG_0214.jpeg

How it ended up.
IMG_0215.jpeg

PS rear..
IMG_0229.jpeg

DS ready for a suspension...
IMG_0227.jpeg

DS installed. Little bit of a difference!
IMG_0228-1.jpeg

Glad it's finished. Whole truck pics tomorrow. Time for sleep now

Awesome!!! Mailman delivered my extended front sway bar links from TPI4x4 3 days earlier than expected. I think that’s everything for the suspension. Time to test drive!

All back together and cleaned up for a date night out on the town!!!

IMG_0234.jpeg

The OME lift is nice, but the Mrs. has asked if two things could happen as a result...
1) a grab handle install on the passenger side
2) Can I lift her Highlander

Gonna have to look into #2 :hmm:

Sliders have helped with the getting in for the Mrs.

Great...I ordered a set from White Knuckle Off-road back when I decided to buy the truck. Looks like they are getting delivered today. A whole day early so I can put them on during my day off!!!!

Nice work. Looking good. One trick I learned here many years ago is that you can swap out the center vents for the side vents that close. Just look for some in the classified section. All you do is turn the vent (ball shaped part) sideways and yank it out, then push the replacements in. Now you have center vents that can open and close.
View attachment 2093326

@FJ Noob Congrats on the new rig. Looks sweet.

Not to highjack this thread...
G-Man, I need to know more about that HAM in the Sandwich holder. I want that same set up.

Ok, today’s scheduled project; adding 3-point seatbelts to the rear. I haven’t been looking forward to this one, but have read just about every thread on the subject. I’m probably as ready as I’m ever going to be.
A511B093-5EB9-4F6D-8D26-4A33C88F400F.jpeg

Of course there is no threaded nut in the hole. I knew my luck would run out eventually. Well, if something wasn’t going to go my way, this is about as good as it can get. Now, where’s that JB Weld?
0B9D2694-4BF4-4BE4-BDB6-BC01FF314D8F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom