Builds My 1965 FJ45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Datsun is nearly complete.

58146576044__F826D409-4CC9-4591-8DBC-6F11A7345C64.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2821.jpg

You sling the motor into this baby yet?

Sold both of my Datsun 240Zs. Saw this FJ40 for sale and had to have it. Worked on it over the winter.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

Last edited:
Great score….isn’t that a FJ40? Why is build in the 25 section?
It's my understanding that earlier FJ40 owners are welcomed to post in the 25 section. Not sure if it is because a lot of common parts are shared between the models.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that earlier FJ40s are welcomed to post in the 25 section. Not sure if it is because a lot of common parts are shared between the models.
It’s an F135, ball and claw thing.😉

Aren’t all cruisers ball and claw?

Old is that old does.

Means garage art
I hung a pair of balls off the back of my LWB when I trail ran Cruise Moab in 2008. A White Trash takeoff on trucknutz. :hillbilly:

All my other projects are done except this one. Brought home a bunch of parts that were sitting in storage. Spent the last couple of days during a blizzard going over things. Refreshing my memory of what was done and not done.

Something I hadn't realized was the frame up front is slightly bent. I had noticed that during disassembly that the cab was sitting on different amounts of pads. Now, that makes more sense since the left front fender doesn't line up with the mounting holes in the frame. Six week waitlist to get into the local frame shop to fix the issue.

IMG_3966.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom