Builds My 1965 FJ45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice!

Dropped the tub on to the frame with Poser's John Deere tractor. Starting to look like a truck again.

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Last edited:
Wow......I've taken a few hours out of the last couple of days and read and then re-read this thread. Your truck is beautiful. The colour and the contrasting seat covers look super classy. Keep the updates coming, they help keep me motivated. Cheers, Ben

Wow......I've taken a few hours out of the last couple of days and read and then re-read this thread. Your truck is beautiful. The colour and the contrasting seat covers look super classy. Keep the updates coming, they help keep me motivated. Cheers, Ben
Thanks for reading my thread. It has been a long process but extremely fun!

She's a beauty! I had the same issue with my 45 lid, gapping the doors was interesting..

If you don't mind my asking - where did you get the front cab mount and bolt?

Keep it up! Totally jealous!

She's a beauty! I had the same issue with my 45 lid, gapping the doors was interesting..

If you don't mind my asking - where did you get the front cab mount and bolt?

Keep it up! Totally jealous!

The bolts came from eBay and the front cab mounts are original.

I bought two of the 40 polyurethane body mount kits by Energy Suspensions from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. It is spendy having to buy two for a 45 pickup. I made it more so by grinding off the SAE nuts on the plates and replacing them with M10 nuts. I liked the idea of everything being metric enough to cough up the money. I had the plates and some M10 bolts I bought on eBay cad plated with a bunch of other parts. The two original front cab clips were still in good shape after cleaning and plating, so I reused them. If I remember correctly, to use the Energy Suspension plates I would have had to trim them down a bit to fit inside the front supports. I didn't pursue this because the originals still looked good.

IMG_6194.JPG

IMG_6198.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom