For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Sounds like you’ve been out there looking to. One came up in WA state, but it looks like it was from Canada and had a bad accident on record. A couple came on cars.com down in TX, but I’m leary on storm damaged cars.

I wouldn't worry too much about storm damage if purchasing from a branded dealer (i.e. Lexus, Toyota, etc). I don't even bother looking at out of town vehicles from used card only lots. I assume dealers are half liars and used cart lots are complete liars. ;)

I completely agree. There a ton of shady dealers around Denver.

I just purchased a one owner 2014 with good service records and 57.6K miles on it in McKinney Texas for 47,500. I felt like I got a decent deal based on other prices around the internet.

View attachment 1529422

Yeah good deal @smm3 . I got a white 2014 like yours with 59,000 miles from a Toyota dealer here in Houston for $52K. It was a CPO vehicle and still smells like new and looks new. My friends have all assumed it was new when they rode in it. But you got a good price for sure. Congrats!!

Is $42K too much for a 2013 LC with 90,000 miles? Full service records. Serviced every 5,000 miles at the dealership.

Is $42K too much for a 2013 LC with 90,000 miles? Full service records. Serviced every 5,000 miles at the dealership.
Sounds like a good deal from the research I've been doing...but that's only if theres no rust, cam tower shaft leaks, hairline/potential cracks in the radiator, etc. Other considerations like Timing belt, water pump, are coming due soon too right? I don't know if you do the preventative mx yourself but the bill will be relatively steep if you don't.
Where's it located? Have any other info?

about 9 months ago, I was very close to buying a silver 2013 right under 80k miles at the $41k mark. IMO the price is a tad high for the extra 10k miles on yours, but again my opinion.

EDIT: it was the one at Longview Toyota in TX around Feb/Mar 2017, FWIW

Finally picked up a dark grey 2008 LC with 70k miles for $35,000 I had been working on for a while. Very clean, meticulous oil changes, and regular services.

Now it's time to fall into the deep dark hole of mods :)

Finally picked up a dark grey 2008 LC with 70k miles for $35,000 I had been working on for a while. Very clean, meticulous oil changes, and regular services.

Now it's time to fall into the deep dark hole of mods :)
YES!

Hi all, this is my first post, as I'm in the market for my first LC. My local dealer took a 2008 in on trade and has listed it for sale for $42,000. Not my first color choice (gold with tan interior) but it has really low mileage at 34,100 miles. I am going to look at it later this week and see if I can negotiate a better deal. In my experience, a dealer has never given me close to trade-in nada value for my vehicle, they always reference the black book values. Clean Nada trade in for this vehicle is 35,600, so I'm guessing they paid less (32-33 maybe?)

What is a good price for a land cruiser of this year, with such low mileage? Thanks for your opinions in advance. I'll be sure to give you an update after my visit.
Chris

If you’re buying just on miles it’s a relative unicorn. But for the money you could get a 2013 with 80k on it. I like the gold because it contrasts great with black bumpers and hides all kinds of dirt, but YMMV on that...

Is that the one at Malloy? FWIW, I believe it was a father/son owner 1/2. Also, beware they try to add $600 in fees as profit above the listing price.

Hi all, this is my first post, as I'm in the market for my first LC. My local dealer took a 2008 in on trade and has listed it for sale for $42,000. Not my first color choice (gold with tan interior) but it has really low mileage at 34,100 miles. I am going to look at it later this week and see if I can negotiate a better deal. In my experience, a dealer has never given me close to trade-in nada value for my vehicle, they always reference the black book values. Clean Nada trade in for this vehicle is 35,600, so I'm guessing they paid less (32-33 maybe?)

What is a good price for a land cruiser of this year, with such low mileage? Thanks for your opinions in advance. I'll be sure to give you an update after my visit.
Chris

That's low mileage for sure...However, IMO, I looked for service history as one of my main reasons to buy...Granted, with low mileage, there is probably not much history. So, you will have to replace belts, water pump, coolant, starter, plugs, etc. Would you take a 100K rig with all of that done? Or would you stick with the low mileage? I went with the 100K rig. Just some random thoughts:)

Price...I would wager 35 would be a steal. 38 would be ok...

Chris

Low miles, but the truck will be a decade old soon and likely will need to be baselined in terms of wearing items and fluids simply for age reasons. I know gold is appealing to some, but it's resale value/desirability is generally among the lowest for LC colors. It's also lived in Delaware and Virginia which could mean undercarriage rust. It doesn't matter if the second owner was a family member, the Carfax will always show 2 owners which again lowers it's value a little compared with a 1 owner. Listed at $42k means they think they have something really special, so I wouldn't count on them lowering it to the point I'd consider it a good deal. At that price point, I'd most definitely look for a 13+ with good maintenance history and no rust or an LX in good shape.

Chris

You referenced NADA values; I just plugged these in and got values several thousand less than you. I realize I'm off mileage by 2k, but I corrected it after I attached the image, it makes a couple hundred dollar difference. If you feel this is the LC for you, go for it, but it seems you've several thousand off from getting a "good deal" if that's important to you. Otherwise I would echo the previous sentiments; once you cross $40k, you open yourself up to the potential for a MY13 truck if you don't mind the miles. There's a '13 1 owner, 81k miles, full service history sitting at Kings Toyota in Cincy for the same price.

Good luck with your search!

ALC.PNG

Found a '14 with 59k miles, 1 owner, impeccable maintenance and VERY clean with Toyota certified warranty for $46k. Good deal?

Last edited:
Located a 2016 CPO w/ 19K miles, single owner. Dealer's first OTD price was $68K.

I have a 2017 T4R, but this will be the most expensive vehicle I have purchased to date. Curious what the forums think is a good OTD price on this vehicle w/ the listed miles, and considering it's a CPO.

Thanks,
-Chris

Located a 2016 CPO w/ 19K miles, single owner. Dealer's first OTD price was $68K.

I have a 2017 T4R, but this will be the most expensive vehicle I have purchased to date. Curious what the forums think is a good OTD price on this vehicle w/ the listed miles, and considering it's a CPO.

Thanks,
-Chris
Sounds pretty reasonable for the Houston area although I'd appreciate a lower price on a 16!

Users who are viewing this thread

• JOFS
Back
Top Bottom