More evidence why the LX is quieter than the Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And this page for a better, more readable explanation.

Here's another page to compare.

I think you're right @TheForger. Check out the Google Translate of this page.

And this page for a better, more readable explanation.

Here's another page to compare.
Nice find! I ran upon a similar site during my search HERE that required me to translate it. Turns out they discussed the pn's for the leading edge seal as well as the the fender well seal and the posts date back to 2015. If only the Russian search results would have came up in my original hunt for the pn's but I guess I'm of no use in the presence of a language barrier:)

This thread is super awesome! Just called my local Lexus dealer and they happened to have 2 each of the rear door leading edge seals. Swinging by at lunch to pick a set up and do the job this evening. They also have 2 cans of the AHC fluid in stock. Going to pick those up as well (based on another thread detailing the now limited availability and potential future extinction of said fluid).

Props to pulling this p/n list together. I look forward to making out '04 LC even more quiet.

One observation though. While I was looking at the pictures and comparing to my 04 LC I noticed I have an additional weatherstrip that goes between the crack on the B pillar on the top half. I was curious about where to drill the hole and it seems I already have it and the pin is already in place holding the bottom edge of the top half of the stripping in place.

IMG_20170427_113707.jpg

IMG_20170427_114141.jpg

67896-60020 and 67895-60020 combined with what's already in place will essentially seal this door gap from top to bottom.

Props to pulling this p/n list together. I look forward to making out '04 LC even more quiet.

One observation though. While I was looking at the pictures and comparing to my 04 LC I noticed I have an additional weatherstrip that goes between the crack on the B pillar on the top half. I was curious about where to drill the hole and it seems I already have it and the pin is already in place holding the bottom edge of the top half of the stripping in place.

View attachment 1449187

View attachment 1449188
67896-60020 and 67895-60020 combined with what's already in place will essentially seal this door gap from top to bottom.
Great catch! I haven't seen that seal before, and it came stock on your LC?? That's interesting I wonder if any LX's have that one. Could you do us a favor and snap a pic of where the strip ends at the top of the door at your next convenience?

Great catch! I haven't seen that seal before, and it came stock on your LC?? That's interesting I wonder if any LX's have that one.

Yep, 06 LX has it, and it was overlooked (or assumed part of the lower piece) last time I was taking pictures.

Yep, 06 LX has it, and it was overlooked (or assumed part of the lower piece) last time I was taking pictures.

Anybody got the Toyota part# for that?

Great catch! I haven't seen that seal before, and it came stock on your LC?? That's interesting I wonder if any LX's have that one. Could you do us a favor and snap a pic of where the strip ends at the top of the door at your next convenience?

06 LC has this as well. I have been following this thread and planned to take a picture at lunch, but @n55luvr took care of that. i had noticed that I already had a hole where the lower seal retaining clip would go.

It would be nice to see a picture of the newer LX with both seals in place to see how they align from the factory. Maybe it is obvious, but which goes on top for those who want to add the lower seal.

Thanks to all for the input.

Wow I guess it was overlooked I did just assume it was part of the lower seal. Guess we have another to add to the list!

06 LC has this as well. I have been following this thread and planned to take a picture at lunch, but @n55luvr took care of that. i had noticed that I already had a hole where the lower seal retaining clip would go.

It would be nice to see a picture of the newer LX with both seals in place to see how they align from the factory. Maybe it is obvious, but which goes on top for those who want to add the lower seal.

Thanks to all for the input.
Judging from the pic in @jLB post on pg.3 (quoted below), it appears the bottom seal goes beneath the top one at that clip

The plastic piece in the rear of the front fender is near impossible to get a picture of, I get a glimpse of it with the door just right, and I can stick my hand in and feel it, but the leading edge of the door obscures it with the door open, and there is nothing to see with the door closed. Let me see if I can figure a way out to get some kind of picture.

Showing the leading edge of the driver's rear door:
View attachment 1429454

I'll confirm tonight but I think it's part of the stripping that goes around the entire door.

6787160080 (RH) and 6787260080 (LH)

Even uses the same clip pn - 90467-05162-B0

Capture.JPG

I'll confirm tonight but I think it's part of the stripping that goes around the entire door.

6787160080 (RH) and 6787260080 (LH)

Even uses the same clip pn - 90467-05162-B0

View attachment 1449267
Interesting, according to the diagram you appear to be correct. But according to my head it's hard to believe that Lexus would charge $10 for the weatherstripping that goes around the entire door:confused:

EDIT: I just checked order records and the comprehensive parts list I posted on pg.5, the pn's 67896-60020 and 67895-60020 are what's already in place - the lower leading edge strips of the rear doors. From what I can find the pn's 67872-60080 (LH) & 67871-60080 (RH) are strips that go around the entire door.

Last edited:
Interesting, according to the diagram you appear to be correct. But according to my head it's hard to believe that Lexus would charge $10 for the weatherstripping that goes around the entire door:confused:

EDIT: I just checked order records and the comprehensive parts list I posted on pg.5, the pn's 67896-60020 and 67895-60020 are what's already in place - the lower leading edge strips of the rear doors. From what I can find the pn's 67872-60080 (LH) & 67871-60080 (RH) are strips that go around the entire door.

Right. All 100s probably had the weatherstrip that goes around the entire perimeter but at some point they decided to fuse in that second strip that would fill the top gap between doors. Not sure what year that changed. These look to be about $45 each.

Edit: I pulled up the parts diagram for a 98 and it called for the exact same pn which would include the fused part that fills the upper door gap. Odd indeed.

Right. All 100s probably had the weatherstrip that goes around the entire perimeter but at some point they decided to fuse in that second strip that would fill the top gap between doors. Not sure what year that changed. These look to be about $45 each.

Edit: I pulled up the parts diagram for a 98 and it called for the exact same pn which would include the fused part that fills the upper door gap. Odd indeed.

My 98 do not have that top or bottom part that fills the upper door gap. So to get the top part, I have to change the weatherstrip around the perimeter, right?

My 98 do not have that top or bottom part that fills the upper door gap. So to get the top part, I have to change the weatherstrip around the perimeter, right?
Yes that appears to be correct from everything we've seen so far. I don't think it would be too hard to switch them out I might give it a shot, I looked at my stock weatherstripping and its just held in by clips every 8" or so.

I want to thank you guys for this thread and parts number list. I ordered 6 seals for the 04 LC and 2 for the 98 LX from amayama. First experience with them and it went great, a few days longer for shipping, but saved a good bit compared to US online shops.
Took about 15 minutes to install all eight seals, I did not drill a hole in the 98 (I have to drill a hole) and the 04 already had the hole for the whole door seal.

Last edited:
@camino70 - Did the '98 MY already have a hole?

If I was to go ahead any Dynamat the LX, what are the most crucial areas?

I have done full interior dynamat on my brother's car (all floors, transmission tunnel, doors, rear seats).

I am thinking about starting the LX and putting some on the floor of the rear cargo area and on the rear wheel housings once I get all the plastic trim off inside. Any other areas?

Doors, wheel wells, front floor plan.

I did the whole floor - definitely overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom