Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol.

GSMTR 2023 was fun. Went to go do walden's ridge and my shifters were stuck. Pulled it apart and they all rusted together. Must have been from the last cape lookout trip, so that was great. Tried to take it apart on the side of the trail.

View attachment 3355444

Got the cables out, but the rail didn't want to move. Set it on fire, but that didn't help.

View attachment 3355446

Had to cut the rail into pieces, then drill out each section inside of each lever, then pound each slug out. Didn't damage the levers, but f*** me, that was not great. Replaced the rail with a piece of 3/8" round bar, drilled for cotter pins, with some new washers to set lever spacing. Since the rail is floating now, it seems freer than it ever has, so this appears to be an improvement. Anti-seize for the win.

View attachment 3355451
that's a copious amount of antiseize. well played!

So what are the new tires?? :D

And did you ever fix the shifters the right way? :lol:

The people need updates

I just sold the 42s and recentered H1s. Felt weird, I've had them for a long time. Would you believe I sold all this for $400, lol

PXL_20231212_173019973.jpg

The shift cables keep breaking because I mounted the case end of the cable to the crossmember. I just realized this as the cause recently. I need to move the case end cable mount to the xfer case, but it's tight.

My front driveshaft popped last time I was wheeling, and last week when I drove on the roadit one of the rear driveshaft ujoints went bad.

The turbo kit needs a better intermediate pipe, one that flows good. That will help make the power it should.

The a-pillar damage needs to be dealt with. I want to put a cage in as part of that project, but I don't want to start that yet. Everything is on hold.

I've been beating on her hard for a long time, and I need to sink some time into her to get back to fighting shape. She's not dead, but it'll be a minute till she is at her best again.

Last edited:
I really want to do ultimate adventure in moonshine some day.

I really want to do ultimate adventure in moonshine some day.
We should just do our own Ultimate adventure without all the rules and schedule and BS

We should just do our own Ultimate adventure without all the rules and schedule and BS
That would be a really cool project for all the LC shops.

I just want to hang out with my bros

As for the new tires, haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking racelines and 39" reds.

As for the new tires, haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking racelines and 39" reds.
‘Can stick to air but won’t hold any’

Obligatory reds roast

You should have bought those 40" sticky Treps I had for sale! Your rig is too heavy for Reds. If you go slow and cone dodge, they are great. If you wheel Hard, they will cut. They are "the best" rock crawling tire. wish they were tougher. I destroyed a ton of Krawlers racing.

You should have bought those 40" sticky Treps I had for sale! Your rig is too heavy for Reds. If you go slow and cone dodge, they are great. If you wheel Hard, they will cut. They are "the best" rock crawling tire. wish they were tougher. I destroyed a ton of Krawlers racing.

I trust you! Not ready to buy tires and wheels just yet sadly.

Which tire would you pick for moonshine, sticky treps?

I trust you! Not ready to buy tires and wheels just yet sadly.

Which tire would you pick for moonshine, sticky treps?
Treps would work well, here on the East coast, or some Sticky SX swampers. On a Budget you could do some 40" Maxxis Razrs. If you want to make a trip up north, I can get you a deal on most large tires.

@Hokie LX found me a sick deal on a set of 37" bfg ats not long ago. 18 months old or so, and still have the nipples on them. A set of 5 for a grand. I'm a fan. They fit the truck way better than the old 315s.

After those went on I was immediately reminded that the rear driveshaft is bad again. Today I removed the rear overload leafs while @Hokie LX put a new rear driveshaft in, and then I glued the front driveshaft back together. Carolina Relic Run tomorrow.

I'll get some pics of the new stance in a day or two. Tire pics are from when they were mounted a month ago or so.

PXL_20240308_164831332.jpg
PXL_20240307_221016230.jpg
PXL_20240417_185929206.jpg
PXL_20240417_185925688.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom