Monstaliner Bedliner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would a one gallon kit be enough to do 2 coats on a boat trailer (18' boat) including plastic fenders?

Would a one gallon kit be enough to do 2 coats on a boat trailer (18' boat) including plastic fenders?

I'd think it would be close. I used the 1 gallon kit to cover 75 sq ft with 2 coats. I had a little left over. You would have to figure the sq ft of your frame etc.. and estimate..

J

Has anyone compared the Freedom Fried to the Toyota mustard yellow?

Tks

i pulled my flares off and Monstalined my 80 in black this past weekend. I was planning on spraying it but made a last minute decision to roll it on because I was worried the texture would be too rough. I really wanted it to be as smooth as possible and just slightly pebbly. Looking back I wish I had stuck with my original plan and just sprayed it from the start. IMHO the rollers leave something to be desired because they start falling apart. You can tell it's happening because they start to swell up and get soft. Just something to watch out for.

I sprayed the second coat with the pressure about 65 psi (close to max rating of my gun) and the nozzle as fine as I could get it. It helped smooth it out a lot but it's still too rough for my taste. I thinned it down a lot when I sprayed it, about the consistency of normal paint. I still have to do the door jambs and the gas door, which I took off to paint inside and forgot to put back on. Theres also a couple crappy spots where i didn't get enough coverage (my fault) and i'll have to go back over quick. Will probably just try to find another roller at Lowes to avoid paying $12 for one from Monstaliner ($4 plus $8 shipping), even if it's not a perfect match.
IMG_4473.JPG

For those of you guys who did your whole truck, did you do the door jams as well? I am curious to know if putting the liner on your door jams causes any problems with wind noise or water leaking in. Also, does anyone know how close smurf blue is to the fj60 blue?

Is there a good promo code for monstaliner lookin to do a two tone coat on mine white top and orange bottom image.jpg
So im planing to use one gallon of each color

Any tips or suggestions when doing a 2-tone job?

Don't. Black or GTFO. If your truck needs two tones it doesn't need monstaliner :flipoff2:.

I am doing this too. What I plan to do is to prep everything first. Shoot primer on everything, then tape off your first section, (the lighter color) apply monstaliner, then pull tape and tape off the prior section of monstaliner and apply second color -- I plan on letting mostaliner go slightly over the lighter color to make sure there is no transition line.

I am planning on shooting monstaliner, and I hope this will make less bleeding of the second coat.

Only advice i have for shooting 2 colors is to do them close to each other in time so pulling tape leaves clean lines.

We did the front storage trunk on our pop up camper last month. I miscalculated how much I'd need and had to order another quart after the first quart only did one coat. It was about 7-8 days between coats so the first coat had a nice cure to it. Pulling the tape after the second coat started to pull both coats off. Had to use a razor blade and pul tape carefully.

After the second coat cured it looks great. Texture is perfect, covered over some cracks so no more leaks. Easily added 10 more years of life to the fragile plastic trunk on our pop up.

At some point soon I'm doing the roof, hood and rockers on our 80. Probably gonna spray it then. Rolling takes too long.

...via IH8MUD app

How much should I order. I want to two tone the 80 soon. I'm going to be going from the body line (the one that come up the fender and goes all the way around the truck) down one color and a different color on the top. How much of each shoud I get. Would a gallon of each be enough?

Think a few pages back there was someone that did what you were talking about and 1gallon of each was just enough to do the lower section with two good coats. If nothing else contact MM directly as he is usually pretty good at answer questions.

Just picked up my 80 series a week ago and trying to figure out if I want to ML it! A few things need work on it.

1) ARB bumper and sliders are starting to rust. How much powder coat do I need to remove before I can apply the chasis saver? or can I just scuff and ML over it?

2) the body paint is in great shape except for a few rock chips around the windshield that have now started to rust and the surrounding paint bubble a bit. If I just do the A pillar and roof for now how easy is it to finish the rest of the truck off later? At the front by the corner of the windshield the body is separated but at the rear it does not.

3) the previous owner removed the fenders and applied Line X along the lower 1/3. If I apply ML right up to the Line X will I have any problems with it sealing properly? If I overlap the Line X with ML will it adhere properly? If I wanted to do a coat of ML over the Line X is it possible?

Hope these questions make sense. Looking forward to starting this project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom