Monstaliner Bedliner (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

uploadfromtaptalk1394036521231.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394036572442.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394036676735.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

uploadfromtaptalk1394036521231.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394036572442.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394036676735.jpg

Becareful.... stating such items without pictures around here can get you verbally beaten about the head and ears perfusely. Just sayin...

Haha glad I took pictures then! Maybe it'll save my life!

See before and after pictures above. I need to take more "after" pictures. Some close ups and better angles. Unfortunately the sun was creating mega contrast the day I was trying.

Also, I wanted to re confirm the fact that one gallon is PLENTY for a fj40. I had a bit more than 1/4 g left. I was desperately trying to think of things to monstaline before it hardened!

Sent from my SCH-I535

Has anyone tinted their Monstraliner with anything that got it close to Rustic Green? If so what did you use? Jungle love is just a little too dark and envy was way too light. Is it possible to buy the liner and add regular concentrated auto paint coloring? That way I could color match the interior and exterior. I'm hoping this is an option. I really like how the liner turned out on my old 60 and would like to use it on the inside of my 40.

Irish11,

You can buy the tintable Monstaliner and buy some Rustic Green color and mix. There are instructions on what to buy in this thread.

I used both of my rollers on my flare areas but now my hood is flaking. I want to use the second half for the hood, but I have no more rollers.

Has anyone bought a substitute roller from Home Depot before and got same/different textures?

Dont really think that anything from any "local" stores have been found to be comparable to the ML rollers. From what I remember you want an open cell foam roller but I could be wrong.

Dont really think that anything from any "local" stores have been found to be comparable to the ML rollers. From what I remember you want an open cell foam roller but I could be wrong.

I think you're right. They're only about three dollars each, but magnet paints wants $27 to ship one or two to Canada, according to their website.

If you look at the Heep thread where ML got their start I think in one of the posts a user found what would be the most comparable. There is like 100+ pages of images you will have to go through but I thought I remember seeing something there. Also, try contacting them and see if they can help out.

Concensus was?

No offer to ship cheaper to Canada. The suggestion was that, if I could find a Herculiner dealer in Canada, their roller should work similarly. (Often, once you factor shipping and duty, it's cheaper to buy products online that are already in Canada. In person, the US is almost always much cheaper.)

To compare the two companies: Herculiner's international site is down and my email asking for Canadian dealers has gone unanswered. ML FTW.

Last edited:
No response from Herculiner so I found this roller at Home Depot for a $12 CAD (much more expensive than all the other rollers). First coat is on and looks the same as when using the ML-supplied roller. I cut the roller in two to make two 4" rollers. One for each coat. No bits falling off of the roller or anything.

image-3629134634.jpg

image-3922157827.jpg

There is a world wide color matching system called "RAL"
It's used for paint, textiles, plastics, etc (It's like the Pantone system which is mainly used for printing inks only)
If you can find out if this new FJ color matches a RAL color # I can make it easily since we already have formulas for most of these colors

Do not look at this chart and think that anything in your mind matches one of these colors because it will not. Need a confirmation from a manufacturer that YES, the color you are wanting matches RAL XXXX

RAL-Colours-RAL-Farver.jpg

I too would buy this FJC army green color in a heartbeat if it was available. If it doesn't become an option I will most likely go the tintable route, and hope i manage to get the correct toner.

Flares have come off and I will be using monstaliner to cover the area around the wheel wells. I will connect the two lined wheel wells with liner, by following the line of the door trim pieces (which will be removed), and taking the liner down to the rocker panels. The rear panel will be lined all the way to the rear lights using the trim piece indent as well.

rear flare and bumperette removed

I'm pretty bad with colors. What do you guys recommend? My Cruiser is color code 1A5...Desert Dune. Should I color match as best I can (probably Desert Sand or Pass the Bubbly), or go two tone and pick a darker color like Brown Eyed Girl or Pyroclastic.

Thoughts?

I have some holes to fill. I'm assuming I can cover these with a thicker aluminum tape and roll over it.

I say do not try to match, because IMHO a shade off looks terrible. I think you go with a contrasting color and add some flavor to your rig.

I have some holes to fill. I'm assuming I can cover these with a thicker aluminum tape and roll over it.

When I scuffed my aluminum tape it sort of bent into the holes to form small concavities which were not completely obscured by the liner. Other people might have better solutions. Also, you can't go wrong with black along the base and flares. You KNOW black won't look bad.

I just got my 80 Sunday and I am getting really excited to Monstaliner it. It has the factory flares and I want to keep them on. I am going to replace the pads that go between the body and the flares. I want to do a 2 tone with the flares and lower door portion being a different color. Would you tape off the pads or just cover them? How does the dried and cured Monstaliner tape off to do another color?

Thanks in advance.

Also, you can't go wrong with black along the base and flares. You KNOW black won't look bad.

Anyone have a pick of black on a Tan LC? Black along the rockers would for sure look good but I am concerned that black trim around the wheel wells might be a bit much against a light tan paint job. Again, I am not a good judge of colors. :hmm:

Got my entire body rolled after I cut the hole for my snorkel and de-flared. It's a lot of work, but well worth it if you live in the rust belt
image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom