Mini Tractors - lets see um (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My turn...getting ready to sign papers on a new L2501, loader and backhoe. I am giddy. Kubota is behind on backhoe production and delivery so I will have to wait on that but the tractor loader an box blade will be here in a week or less. I have 35 wooded acres. It will get use.

Congrats!!!

New shop is done and now my old trusty B26 finally gets to live inside this winter for the first time!

58E69E01-7816-447B-8CE5-111FD8623BB1.jpeg

I have a mini ex, but still got the backhoe for the tractor. They are that handy. Plus it's good ballast.

The l2501 falls under the requirement for after treatment, I believe. Good choice.

Has anyone used the FEL skid steer type hydraulic brush hog? I've seen the skid steers clean an absurd amount of heavy undergrowth in a short amount of time but curious if it would be as effective on a tractor. The little 25-35hp tractors I'm currently looking at would likely need a PTO pump to get the good out of it for small-medium saplings. I'm seeing maneuverability as the biggest the limiting factor.

HH, Make sure to get a 3rd function for your grapple. You are close to EA, Everything Attachments, who make the awesome 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple. With that wooded acreage it will be on you loader more than the bucket. Now is also the time to spend extra for rear remotes. I have only 2 with one having a float valve. Only thing so far I'd wish I had the third rear is for the landscape rake angle. That would leave my Top n Tilt on the first two. I just did my 50 hour service on my L2501 and replaced the hydraulic fluid rather than wait for the 200 hour service. The hydrostatic drive seems quieter.
Cheers

Love my L2501. Did a ton of research. Medium frame sub- compact with the 25 hp engine to avoid emissions costs, and less bells and whistles than the landscaping oriented upper end models had me down to NH workmaster 25 or L2501. New Holland dealer had all the salespeople and tractors at the county fair so I ended up with the Kubota.
John Deere was out of the race because they only had a 2 speed and proprietary attachments on the 3025.

Forks and stump bucket from Tomahawk, an Amish place in Nappanee, IN. Great price.
9010.jpeg

What those guys said, with the additional advice to buy the most hp you can afford; you can always use more power to lift or dig. I've said many times that mine have been the most useful tools for the money that I've ever had/spent.

I've had two Kubotas (down to one now) and they will do work out of all proportion to their size. To me, Kubota is like the Toyota of tractors; you will pay more up front for one, but the build quality is there and has been said the resale value is good. For 35 acres, I would be looking at the L Series if you can afford it.

Normally I would agree, but the 25 hp models lift the same, are way understressed and way cheaper because of the emissions equipment needed above 25 hp. Unless you are pulling a big plow the hp is really not noticeable. I have beet juice loaded rears and will lift the back end well before the loader stalls.
Everything else in the quote i agree with completely

I couldn't justify used. 0% and sky high used prices just made no sense to buy used.

Orange Peel as we call it.

Allis Chalmers

F70A2CC0-7EC8-4BC3-AD9B-E88598F01DFD.jpeg

More tractors! I never thought I would needs a tractor of 3. Now they seem to be necessary

20210225_124658.jpg

How to unload a 3 legged BMW from the transport trailer?
2021-03-10 13.47.59.jpg

Notice the car dolly under the missing RR wheel well. That is a no roll on the normal ramps so we convert the trailer into a tilt trailer.
2021-03-10 13.56.54.jpg

And use the chain hoist to lower it into the garage. If it works for the convertible perhaps it will put my 40 in the barn.
2021-03-10 14.36.22.jpg

It will keep the Bota company till it gets the Poser rear disk conversion installed. No brakes at the moment.
2021-03-10 14.56.31-1.jpg

How to unload a 3 legged BMW from the transport trailer?View attachment 2612857
Notice the car dolly under the missing RR wheel well. That is a no roll on the normal ramps so we convert the trailer into a tilt trailer.
View attachment 2612858
And use the chain hoist to lower it into the garage. If it works for the convertible perhaps it will put my 40 in the barn.
View attachment 2612866
It will keep the Bota company till it gets the Poser rear disk conversion installed. No brakes at the moment.
View attachment 2612869

Love the e36! Miss my red one! enjoy the rebuild!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom