Mini Tractors - lets see um (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ash 28" by 15' is right at the limit for the little guy.

tmp-cam-4798648603089263157.jpg

Playing around clearing the range and removing the last bit of snow pack from the shop site since we’re scheduled to start building in the first part of June!

As for the conversation regarding a mini 4wd tractor TLB (B26) versus tracked BH, I could have bought either one but for all the little general hauling, lifting, digging, plowing and work I do in the forest and the mountains this little B is a whole lot more useful.
33325A3A-D2CF-48EB-BA3A-7E65765E86B9.jpeg
41FB9D99-892F-425D-BA7F-48EE61BDF2CF.jpeg
D65AE02E-99AA-48CA-8AD0-E1AFE10C4BF5.jpeg
509636A2-25E1-48E9-BE52-D938A641D8C8.jpeg
8ABB7BF4-828F-4906-A8E1-D8329373346E.jpeg

Last edited:
The main thing I would research would be the utility of having the backhoe attachment on hand vs saving up jobs and renting a mini-excavator.

Or just buy the mini-ex... ;)

ExtremeGardening.jpg

I'm looking at a Kubota B6100HST, it has roughly ~700 hrs and comes with just the belly mower. I haven't looked at it yet but anything to watch out for and to inspect?
I'll be using it primarily to move small trees and eventually grade the land, roughly 1/2 acre.

If the filters are all painted grey then they are original and have never been changed. Here is a search result on OTT on B6100
Blowby, leaks, extremely hard starts, sloppy steering box, just to name a few. Looks like it was last made in 1984 and new in 1980 were about $4,400 out the door.

I'm looking at a Kubota B6100HST, it has roughly ~700 hrs and comes with just the belly mower. I haven't looked at it yet but anything to watch out for and to inspect?
I'll be using it primarily to move small trees and eventually grade the land, roughly 1/2 acre.

What ..........do you think is a fair price ?

Clean one owner.....'02 ish Kubota B7500 Hydro w/300 approx hrs.......garage kept forever..22 horse

Impliments include.......FEL.....box scraper......tiller......brush hog....2 snow/dirt blades

My older buddy is selling one (SPF's) but used prices are all over the board.......

$7K ?????????

I'd buy it but have a CK 35 Kioti

Clean one owner.....'02 ish Kubota B7500 Hydro w/300 approx hrs.......garage kept forever..22 horse

Impliments include.......FEL.....box scraper......tiller......brush hog....2 snow/dirt blades

My older buddy is selling one (SPF's) but used prices are all over the board.......

$7K ?????????

shucks that sounds like a good price for a well kept one, but im on the east coast, kinda far.

I am up to 3 'Bota's now, great tractor. Only thing I don't like is some of their parts are not interchangeable with anything else and can be pricey.

$7K ?????????

I have a B7400 hydro, the model right before that, about that same age/hours. I bought it new, with a FEL and a new brush hog for $10K, maybe $10.5K (can't remember). So your buddy's with all those implements and well-taken-care-of sounds like $7K would be a fair price, but the market varies from place to place and it's been 43 years since I lived in southern Utah.

$7K ?????????

That was the original Kubota I was going to purchase back in KC but, with a belly mower......I wish I had bought...I could use that mower now! Great machine. Good luck

New question.

looks like I have a leak in one of my BH hoses. Looks like grit got into the hose bundle routed through the lowest part of the BH and rubbed one of the hoses raw. Never done a hose change yet, so would love some advice from those that have done it before (preferably reducing any injury to myself and machine!) thanks!

New question.

looks like I have a leak in one of my BH hoses. Looks like grit got into the hose bundle routed through the lowest part of the BH and rubbed one of the hoses raw. Never done a hose change yet, so would love some advice from those that have done it before (preferably reducing any injury to myself and machine!) thanks!

it's a simple fix. Just make sure to wiggle the loader and backhoe sticks once the motor is off to realise the hydraulic pressures. Just reroute the same way.

it's a simple fix. Just make sure to wiggle the loader and backhoe sticks once the motor is off to realise the hydraulic pressures. Just reroute the same way.

Thanks! I watched some YouTube videos last night and they did a good job of going over the process. Shouldn‘t be too tough.
I talked with the Kubota parts guy yesterday and depending on the hose they’ll run anywhere from $30-$60 and have to be ordered....its about 120 miles round trip to the dealership so may just have NAPA build them for me. Lmk if anyone has any issues with Napa hoses. Thanks.

Whatever place is close go for it. If Napa hoses work. Or possibly a co-op that is close. Some orileys have the machine to make them.
Again, get it set, make sure no pressure on attachments then loosen hose ends.
Gonna make a mess, so be ready with pans or a place to drop oil on.

LP rear.jpg
LP side.jpg

This monster is a bit big for my tractor but I managed to smooth our half mile gravel road of it's potholes in about 8 passes. The thing weighs north of 800lbs and one sized for my tractor would be much smaller but I managed to haul it. It is a Land Plane Grader Scraper which Armstrong Ag calls a Double Bladed Grader. The mfg. calls for 10hp per foot of width with these and this is at least 7' wide. My Kubota L2501 has a measly 25hp but a good bit of torque and it managed this with only a little loss of rpm when loaded up with limestone rock. After a couple of passes I thought I would need to get my box blade with it's scarifiers to break up the potholes but on the next couple of passes they all filled with limestone rocks then fines on top.

We had been paying companies every year or so to come out and put more limestone down and grade the road. It would only last a few months at most and cost a few thousand dollars. My neighbor owns this Land Plane and I plan to use it every other month or so to try to keep the road smooth.

We had been paying companies every year or so to come out and put more limestone down and grade the road. It would only last a few months at most and cost a few thousand dollars. My neighbor owns this Land Plane and I plan to use it every other month or so to try to keep the road smooth.

Have the same problem at my place. I may have to get one of those (and a bigger tractor, which I need anyway).

Part of my problem I realize, is that the guy that built the road in the first place did not make any drainage for the hilly parts. So I also need to rent a mini excavator and dig some drainage ditches on both sides of the road so that rain has somewhere else to run than across or down the road.

This monster is a bit big for my tractor...

We had been paying companies every year or so to come out and put more limestone down and grade the road. It would only last a few months at most and cost a few thousand dollars.

After a few years, you'll have saved enough to trade in for a larger tractor! ;)

My turn...getting ready to sign papers on a new L2501, loader and backhoe. I am giddy. Kubota is behind on backhoe production and delivery so I will have to wait on that but the tractor loader an box blade will be here in a week or less. I have 35 wooded acres. It will get use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom