Meet Steve (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove it from TX to CA but trailering it to the Pig Party. WTF?

It’s coming
So you drove that thing from Texas to California and we have zero story?
Ok, here is story, flew to Houston to pick up my pig, packed my suitcase with tools, compressor, misc. got to Houston, bag did not. I checked into hotel, airline calls at 1am to say bag showed up.
Following morning Northwest Fab and Design brings pig, picks me up at hotel, takes me to airport to get bag, find bag, ready to get on road. Steve goes through truck with me( work is amazing!) the floor of truck was stripped by me, drain plugs, not replaced, holes from stock seat belts open- I take off, about 90 outside climbing to 100 degrees, as per Steve(builder) if truck temp climbs, shut down ac. It cooking in Texas so I drive most of day with windows open and ac off, metal floors are hot from drivetrain and exhaust, I get past El Paso Tx first night, park climb in tent , pull shoes off, no socks, ankle feels strange, pull out flashlight- blister the size of an egg on side of foot . Next day I wrap a towel around foot on throttle to insulate, kinda works. Truck runs good except there seems times when it has no power, off and on. Later when I’m trying to pass a truck, it won’t go faster than 62 mph , can’t get around, back off, try later and pig does 85 right by same truck, this is all on level road. Rest of trip like this power , no power, 18 hrs home. So trailering pig to New Mexico, will drive last bit in pig. Steve said the first Sniper he did acted the same way, did not regulate fuel needs correctly- working on a replacement. When sniper is working correctly, amazing

1D336EEE-22EB-4298-A994-38D5F522A269.jpeg

Wild man!!

Try a couple things.

First, at wide open throttle if it starts to stutter , ease off the throttle a bit, if you catch your power and get out of the stutter then resist the urge to floor it. Gradually work to WOT

Second thing.

Back off your timing. Most they do this are getting too much timing at WOT

You are an animal. Where the hell did you tent sleep in El Paso where it was not 200 degrees ??

Yes I did realize sniper works best at less than WOT, it was still hit and Miss whether it ran well, some times it was like whoa baby, others it was like engine getting too much fuel, or running with a bad plug wire. I will play with when I return from PP, I will have some time then
Thanks

But then I don’t read yelp, after some crazy left a nasty review of my business, said he paid a ton of dough for a landscape, all he got was a dead yard - he left out the part that his water was shut off got non payment, then yelp contacts me and says for $800 they would make it go away - I told them to go F themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom