Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everybody is ok -- Getting some bad news out of Trona and Ridgecrest ...

Last edited:
Sam’s place looks pretty good. Contents damage from glass falling off shelves. No dropped bookshelves. One new crack in slab floor where room addition meets the main house.
It went through the ceramic tile, leaving a sharp edge. More of a problem for me, since I’m the one that walks around barefoot. :p

Well, it’s official: Olivia Malkin, my first grandchild, was born just before midnight. My daughter was beleaguered by a 30 hour labor, but my SIL says she was deliriously happy once it was over.

We will probably visit and get obligatory pics tomorrow.

Immagonna get you this cup:

My daughter texted a little while ago. She said “No one tells you it is fun just to stare at them.”

That triggered my first flashback. My reply: “Way beyond fun. It is the awe in awesome.”

Well, it’s official: Olivia Malkin, my first grandchild, was born just before midnight. My daughter was beleaguered by a 30 hour labor, but my SIL says she was deliriously happy once it was over.

We will probably visit and get obligatory pics tomorrow.

Well, seriously? I guess they were both delirious. My wife went to the hospital to visit yesterday and discovered Olivia’s middle name. It’s SO bizarre I can’t tell you until I confirm it for myself!

Stay tuned.

Well Mark that’s what happens when you raise your children to be free/independent thinkers. So times they actually do it!!:hmm:

Congratulations, Mark! And pass that along to your daughter and son in law too.

Because of complications, Olivia went into ICU before I could see/hold her. Then I left town for three weeks on my excellent adventure.

Friday Tina and I got to stop by and visit and I got to hold her for the first time.
7114BED3-9A30-467E-ACCE-BF3845E6054E.jpeg

Well, it's been a busy few weeks since my return. I had signed a contract back in June to have the roof replaced on the shop, but the roofing company was too backed up from the long winter to get to me before my road trip. I called them when I returned, and after two days of not getting a call back, the president emailed me mid afternoon on Monday August 12 to say it would be mid September!

I found the email at 5 pm.

At 5:45 the phone rings and it's the receptionist from the roofer saying they've juggled the schedule, and they want to know if they can start on the 13th! Oh hell yeah!

So they spent 4 days between stripping off four layers of old roofing [more than the legal limit, but we won't talk about that!] doing wood repair, putting down a plastic vapor barrier and the initial hot mop of 30# felt, and the upper course of roll roofing with polymer sealant coat.
CADD9434-6224-48F8-AAA4-F30B0EDFEA88.jpeg
4188C76A-535A-4CF0-A7A3-AC2EC03BEF5A.jpeg
0A099545-328F-4530-A5BB-BB8EE00B5301.jpeg

Having spent the better part of the last 10 years patching the roof and putting this off, I am really happy that it is finally done. It looks great.

Now I just have to sweep up all the mess that fell through the gaps in the wood.

Last edited:
We missed you at CMCC this year Mark, but solid reasoning here.

Congratulations!

Yup. And the fact that I won a free registration to BHCC for next year isn't helping my odds of returning to the east coast. And @Redgrrr upped the ante by offering free use of his Troopie if I came back! 🤔

Because of complications, Olivia went into ICU before I could see/hold her. Then I left town for three weeks on my excellent adventure.

Friday Tina and I got to stop by and visit and I got to hold her for the first time.View attachment 2055983
Did I miss the babies middle name? Forty? Cruiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom