Making a Magnuson supercharger for my 95TLC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You’re welcome. I love the topside creeper. Great name, great product. Makes digging around in all corners of the engine compartment effortless and much more efficient. Beats the hell out of kneeling on your ARB or radiator. Only downside is it takes up a lot of space if you have a small garage.

Your rig is amazing! Just simply perfect. Thank you for the installation manual. I just printed it.
Will you explain to others in this post about superchargers why a turbo won't always fit with the WARN M12 winch? I posted a picture of my M12 winch from behind the ARB bumper going toward the radiator; under the CRX shield. I was also thinking about fabricating a steel bar to go along the CRX shield. This is my third one (no damage on this one). Rocks destroy that piece of aluminum too easily.

Man, your engine is beautiful! Has that ever seen dirt? Seriously, has it ever been off-road?
Joey. What is he doing with that marker? Did he just mark a 3/4" mark on that bit? WTF. Bolt-on. Hmmm. What's he doing with the drill Joey? Oh s***. Did he just drill into the OEM oil pan? WTF is he doing Joey. Didn't you send him the instructions that this is 100% bolt-on and CARB compliant? I don't think he got the memo Joey! **** me. He did drill into his rig. Wow. Maybe he should have just started a new blog and asked for help creating a supercharger; I'm sure you would have helped him along Joey.

LMFAO

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 3.44.10 AM.png

Wait...no turbo because of its “limitations”?! 😳

as compared to a supercharger?! 🤣
WTF is that? It's like some a****** put it in the kit so that you can drill a hole into your oil pan. Why would I want to drill a hole in my oil pan? Didn't Toyota say this was their last true off-road vehicle? Why **** it up?

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 3.53.49 AM.png

I know you said you don't drink but seriously...gotta be on the cans to post something like that 😂

I reckon this thread could head to chat and go the way of @Ali Ali Ali 's thread
No; I don't drink Mate. Here at the hospital waiting for craziness. Speaking of crazy; I drove my rust-free 93 to work tonight! It drives just like it did when I bought it in 93.

No; I don't drink Mate. Here at the hospital waiting for craziness. Speaking of crazy; I drove my rust-free 93 to work tonight! It drives just like it did when I bought it in 93.
Here is the reason I am building a supercharger. This is my baby. She is my Daughter and means the world to me. I bring her to the mountains every Winter. She keeps me so warm! That's Mom, Dad, and Daughter; oh yeah, and Me!

IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_2706.jpeg

This thread gets weirder by the day... maybe it should be in Chat.

So a TRD S/C is bolt-on because having to cut into the harness for the throttle body doesn't count since there are no bolts involved in that procedure?

Of course, you could get a new factory harness, open it up, select the throttle body wires, and branch them of separately right after the harness comes through the firewall. Tools R Us did that on our LX, and it looks really neat and tidy.

My Grandpa taught me machine work when I was ten. He owned a WW2 factory that supplied machined steel and gun parts for our light armored vehicles in WW2. I can machine whatever is needed if someone can get help me get blueprints! My newest Macbook Pro will have CAD shortly. This week is crazy. Working 15, well, now 14 straight :(. Please PM me and I will send you my email and contact info! Also, I am a cash buyer if anyone has a Magnuson laying around (like in a barn)!

This thread gets weirder by the day... maybe it should be in Chat.

So a TRD S/C is bolt-on because having to cut into the harness for the throttle body doesn't count since there are no bolts involved in that procedure?

Of course, you could get a new factory harness, open it up, select the throttle body wires, and branch them of separately right after the harness comes through the firewall. Tools R Us did that on our LX, and it looks really neat and tidy.
Again, I can't "CUT" into anything except where the snorkel will go because of CARB compliance. Moreover, I still drive on the military base and they check EVERYTHING during random checks.

There is a Magnuson new in the box, never opened, sitting in the corner of my barn...but it doesn’t belong to me.

I have the Magnuson supercharger in said barn. NEW IN BOX, and if I recall it has a carb compliance sticker in there. I have not taken the parts out of the box to verify. It was the last one ever posted here several years ago. Saving it for a project, but money talks.

I have the Magnuson supercharger in said barn. NEW IN BOX, and if I recall it has a carb compliance sticker in there. I have not taken the parts out of the box to verify. It was the last one ever posted here several years ago. Saving it for a project, but money talks.
I have the money. When I am off I have to get a few hours of sleep. If you text/PM me I can send you my cell number. I would prefer a third party exchange like eBay so you get your cash instantly and I get my supercharger! My name is Car. And yes, that really is my name. I was named after my Grandpa. I got screwed (not in a good way [hehe]) on two previous deals.

That odd it’s good enough for the military but not good enough for civilians. Somethings I’ll never understand. Bureaucracy

Thansk for the tip so when I head back home I know to leave them behind.

Good luck with the supercharger build if you decide to proceed.
If you are anywhere near Southern California, every Winter, you will find me at 11,503 FT in the snow.

They check the drain hole in your oil pan on the military base? I better let the military bases I go on know they are negligent when I take my truck on base....

Again, I can't "CUT" into anything except where the snorkel will go because of CARB compliance. Moreover, I still drive on the military base and they check EVERYTHING during random checks.

They check the drain hole in your oil pan on the military base? I better let the military bases I go on know they are negligent when I take my truck on base....
Scott. You never served in the military. We talked about that 6 years ago when you were asking me about microbiology prerequisites for the nursing program.

Dude you are literally crazy. We have never talked, you don't know anything about me. I absolutely served, in both the military, and for the DoD as a civilian. haha.

Scott. You never served in the military. We talked about that 6 years ago when you were asking me about microbiology prerequisites for the nursing program.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom