Making a Magnuson supercharger for my 95TLC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you need to see this first:
I read it and it doesn't exist. A 50 States CARB approved 100% bolt-on does not exist. It says 99.99% bolt-on. It fails to mention that firstly, it does not exist. Secondly, you can't have a Winch because of the airflow (Will show you a picture of mine upon request) space needed behind the winch mount. Thirdly, it cuts out your OEM exhaust, so by definition, it will never pass CARB certification. Go to the California Air Resources Board website. NO ALTERATIONS. A supercharger was OEM and offered by the dealer with a full warranty. I am the original owner of my 1993 TLC. It was not offered at the dealer. I paid 42,402 for my 1993 with 3 miles on it. I actually had a 1992 TLC, but the transmission kept failing at 200 - 500 miles (bought with 1 mile on it) and Toyota let me exchange it for the 1993 TLC. The 1992 TLC cost 38,400. In 1995, my newest TLC, ARB roof rack, and rails were offered for 800 dollars and 400 dollars respectively. In Saudi Arabia (Desert Storm I), the TLC was and is the #1 vehicle used by terrorists. The engine is made out of 100% cast iron, and the front and rear axles are solid. It is literally a tank with an inline-six engine. I have driven in over 200 versions of the TLCs in 16 different countries. An OEM bolt-on CARB compliant turbo with ZERO alterations does not exist. Period. Unless you can show me a picture with zero alterations. Our military vehicle was actually a 79 series. Pretty badass to see a 50 Cal on a TLC.

Oh, and he even states it is not made yet. And 25 units (you're kidding me right). Read how many units it is necessary to get CARB compliant.

Again, even if it were true, which it is not because it doesn't bolt-on and it is not CARB compliant; it could never pass California emissions.

You definitely didn’t read it then 😂

it’s ok, just say you didn’t read it.

oh and the link you posted has zero relevance.

You definitely didn’t read it then 😂

it’s ok, just say you didn’t read it.

oh and the link you posted has zero relevance.
If you do a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request for CARB compliant turbo in California, there are only 2 current applications for Toyota. One appears to be a 2022 Toyota Tundra V6 twin turbo, and the other appears to be a 2022 Toyota Tundra V6 twin turbo hybrid. There is no application for the 80-series TLC. This means, the person creating this mystical CARB compliant Turbo obviously doesn’t have 33.3 billion laying around (the fine VW paid thus for for lying about CARB compliance) and is probably just requesting people to send cashiers checks to him. Let’s pretend like he does have 50 prefabricated units to ship off to the CARB for testing, and also has the $20 MILLION dollar application fee; how much are these going to sell for? Twenty Five units!!! LMFAO. You are kidding right. Seriously, ROTFLMFAO. Just go to the website and try to apply for a California Air Resources Board license to start a build on your 1995 TLC. ROTFLMFAO. Pay the $20 MILLION dollar application fee. It just does not make any sense! Prove me wrong please. Show me a copy of the CARB compliant application. Show me the FOIA for the fees paid. Show me the TRUCRS Certificate. ww3.arb.ca.gov.

Cool story. Let's see what you come up with. Curious how you are going to pass emissions with your homemade setup?
I am going to use everything OEM. I am even using the OEM brackets. CARB certification is already completed. I am just making something that is no longer produced and is in junkyards across the United States. I want to see if I can make it for under $750 dollars.

So what exactly are you making? You are just buying the parts and a used blower?

I am going to use everything OEM. I am even using the OEM brackets. CARB certification is already completed. I am just making something that is no longer produced and is in junkyards across the United States. I want to see if I can make it for under $750 dollars.

If you do a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request for CARB compliant turbo in California, there are only 2 current applications for Toyota. One appears to be a 2022 Toyota Tundra V6 twin turbo, and the other appears to be a 2022 Toyota Tundra V6 twin turbo hybrid. There is no application for the 80-series TLC. This means, the person creating this mystical CARB compliant Turbo obviously doesn’t have 33.3 billion laying around (the fine VW paid thus for for lying about CARB compliance) and is probably just requesting people to send cashiers checks to him. Let’s pretend like he does have 50 prefabricated units to ship off to the CARB for testing, and also has the $20 MILLION dollar application fee; how much are these going to sell for? Twenty Five units!!! LMFAO. You are kidding right. Seriously, ROTFLMFAO. Just go to the website and try to apply for a California Air Resources Board license to start a build on your 1995 TLC. ROTFLMFAO. Pay the $20 MILLION dollar application fee. It just does not make any sense! Prove me wrong please. Show me a copy of the CARB compliant application. Show me the FOIA for the fees paid. Show me the TRUCRS Certificate. ww3.arb.ca.gov.
Yeah mate, fairly sure you didn't read that thread

So what exactly are you making? You are just buying the parts and a used blower?
Yes. That is exactly what I am doing. That is the only way to become CARB compliant without paying off the most liberal politicians in the States and paying CARB compliance testing fees which start at $20 MILLION. If you live in a State other than California, you can buy the Spincter machine that will s*** gold; but until then I will just keep use what is already legal and actually exists.

Can I recommend a bit more reading of the forum? Plenty of @NLXTACY turbo kits out in the wild. Damn, if the AUD to USD wasn't so terrible I'd buy one myself and keep it for when I buy an FZJ80 again

Oh ok gotcha, I just thought you were actually going to build something. I am sure it will work if you can find the parts.

Yes. That is exactly what I am doing. That is the only way to become CARB compliant without paying off the most liberal politicians in the States and paying CARB compliance testing fees which start at $20 MILLION. If you live in a State other than California, you can buy the Spincter machine that will s*** gold; but until then I will just keep use what is already legal and actually exists.

So, it appears you don’t understand how CARB works. Where it’s applied? How it’s applied? Who it affects? Nor do you seem to understand the difference between a vehicle manufacturer and an aftermarket supplier nor that our trucks are not affected by the med/heavy duty truck rules. There is a lot going on in your ramblings that just don’t make any sense.

he literally started his account tonight. He’s got a LOT of catching up to do.
There's an easy couple of days reading in that thread. BTW, those seal drivers are very nice, might have to buy another 80 so I can use them on something 😁🤩

Oh ok gotcha, I just thought you were actually going to build something. I am sure it will work if you can find the parts.
I am only recasting the brackets and a few other pieces. I have to modify one part because of my Warn M12 winch taking up so much space. So minor movement (4 cm). Same structure. No alterations in Air flow.

I can't think of anything with the TRD SC that would be effected by your winch?? What are you changing?

I am only recasting the brackets and a few other pieces. I have to modify one part because of my Warn M12 winch taking up so much space. So minor movement (4 cm). Same structure. No alterations in Air flow.

There's an easy couple of days reading in that thread. BTW, those seal drivers are very nice, might have to buy another 80 so I can use them on something 😁🤩
You are correct. This account is new.
Btw, I still highly recommend the supercharger for your build. I stand firmly behind that decision.
When did you apply for CARB certification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom