Magnuson Supercharger FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Walk with me on this.......

How about we put a group of people together that will order one for say around $3500 and we get 20 people on this list.

We then say to these Magnuson vendors, we have 20 people that want to order this supercharger and shop it around.

Whatever the best price is, the individuals pay directly (much like the group buy from 4x4labs).

^ This.

I am replacing the engine in my truck starting in the spring and would like to have one on the shelf.

Turbo's are no more difficult to tune than the SC if you maintain the same amount of air as the SC'r if you decide to go crazy than yes it will be a lot more work, but at the end of the day if you maintain the same amount of air, the engine and ECU doesn't care what the delivery method is.

Wouldn't the S/C increase the volume of air entering the engine?

I know we touched on the subject of ECU tuning in the Turbo thread.
How would this be any different?

The stock ecu can handle an increase in volume from any source (turbo, supercharger, giant hair dryer, your mother in law), to a point. It looks like around 5 to at most 8 psi. Past that amount, it basically can't handle it.

How about we put a group of people together that will order one for say around $3500 and we get 20 people on this list.

We then say to these Magnuson vendors, we have 20 people that want to order this supercharger and shop it around.

Whatever the best price is, the individuals pay directly (much like the group buy from 4x4labs).

I'd commit to a group buy. The only question is - who is willing to organize it?

I'd commit to a group buy. The only question is - who is willing to organize it?

Let's see how many people would commit.

cheddar bob
2fpower
packetstormin

Count me in!

I will gladly participate on the group buy, count me in.

Mine's only been supercharged for ~15 years and ~125,000 miles so I do not know the long-term reliability yet.
Best answer of the ever...:beer:

Is it a complete kit, everything that is needed for the install is included?

Assuming the new kit uses the water pump spacer and ringed fan in place of the stock fan, it would be wise to go ahead and purchase @landtank 's orange fan clutch so the original fan can be retained. That and water/methanol injection would make a solid combination. Just some "while you are in there" thoughts.

Is it a complete kit, everything that is needed for the install is included?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449809432.864377.jpg

I installed this kit on my friends LX450 two weeks ago. It is a full kit.

Sent from my iPhone

Once you receive the kit, take ring fan and throw it in the dumpster ASAP...

cheers,
george.

Extra credit if it breaks on impact.....:rimshot:

That fan wasn't installed. I gave him the 3FE fan off my cruiser and I put my new Landtank orange hub fan clutch and OEM fan on mine.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm interested

How much does the water/methanol injection cost for a 93?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom