LX470 HID Retrofit Project (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm editing my original post and staying out of it.

You're correct. Didn't ask for advice, rather stated what you didn't like.

Good luck.

You want to split hairs be my guest.

What would be nice is if you would address the questions I posed on your claims. That would bring value to this thread.
The answer is.... install the harness and see if it solves your issue. If it doesn't then you have a valid argument

This reminds me to check the igniters

Last edited:
Is there company on the forum that builds these headlights? Or do you have to buy the projector brackets, bake the lights yourself and tear them apart on your own?

Just curious what this cost all in to build? And did you figure out if you needed a relay from the battery to power?

Yes to the relay (just get a $35 Morimoto harness), build costs vary depending on how you do it. High dollar if you have Lou do everything for you, much less so if you buy the parts yourself. I don't remember my exact cost—I had Lou build them—so I don't want to quote a figure that could very well be wrong.

However you intend to go....it's worth it. Great in the snow, great at night, especially good descending the Flint trail after sunset.

To find out—just message him. Super good dude that's always been happy to call right back or talk you through the options.

Lou can set you up with everything you need for $400, you provide the labor.

To those that have done it, how much adjustability is there after install? I got the pieces but will be adding significant weight eventually. I can hold off on installing these if there isn't any adjustability after the glass has been reinstalled

I just did it. You can absolutely adjust later but it will be very uncomfortable especially driver side, because of battery

I did all adjustments from front. If you have AHC stance should not change

I just did it. You can absolutely adjust later but it will be very uncomfortable especially driver side, because of battery

I did all adjustments from front. If you have AHC stance should not change

Uncomfortable is fine. I can get the major adjustments done before sealing back up, so that isn't an issue. I just plan to install a bumper and a lift in a few weeks, so I will probably need to fine tune my aim afterwards. I can also remove the batter to adjust, not a huge deal. Thank you!

Lou built mine also....I didn't have the time or desire to open brand new housings up. I highly recommend this mod for anyone on the fence. It is like night and day compared to the OEM lights.

I really dig @greasem0nkey86 ballast bracket solution. It would be nice if he could share the file or dimensions so others could easily duplicate it. These would do away with having to drill holes in engine compartment sheet metal to secure ballasts like I did and give it a much cleaner installation..

I'd gladly pay extra for @Luke111 to offer a ballast mount like this with brass bushings installed in my next set of LX housings. The only worry is if ballast should ever fail it may require removal of the entire housing to swap it out...

Lou built mine also....I didn't have the time or desire to open brand new housings up. I highly recommend this mod for anyone on the fence. It is like night and day compared to the OEM lights.

I really dig @greasem0nkey86 ballast bracket solution. It would be nice if he could share the file or dimensions so others could easily duplicate it. These would do away with having to drill holes in engine compartment sheet metal to secure ballasts like I did and give it a much cleaner installation..

I'd gladly pay extra for @Luke111 to offer a ballast mount like this with brass bushings installed in my next set of LX housings. The only worry is if ballast should ever fail it may require removal of the entire housing to swap it out...
Does Lou only mod the low beam or is the high beam also modded in some fashion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom