Luck of the pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the tale of two pigs, well three really...

I've always been a fan of the 40s but could never land the right deal, so I decided to sale my Polaris rzr, bite the bullet and buy a nice complete 40. Plenty of tire kickers emerged but no sale, fast forward to Christmas eve. While talking to my younger cousins, I mention my plan of selling my rzr and buying a LC, one of them then says to tell me "daddy has one of them land cruisers but its ugly and has four doors". I go straight to him, ask a few questions and he agrees to sale it to me for X amount (lucky me). Christmas day I go look and fall in love! I told him I wanted it and id be back this afternoon to pick it up, it was then my luck changed. When I told him I wanted it he then backed out of the deal and decided he wanted to keep it... ill let you ponder how I felt about his decision.

January 10 I call him and offer more money than he originally asked for, and with a little smooth talking I hooked up my car hauler and went to pick up my first pig!
IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG

For the most part everything was there and complete. First step was to replace the missing dizzy. Called and told another cruiser friend of mine about the pig and he thought he had a dizzy on the shelf. I meet with him the next morning and BOOM dui dizzy with livewires. Little gas in the carb and a hot battery and i had a running 72 pig!
IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

My son approves

Although i really liked the moss growing on it, I couldn't get my wife to come close to it. :meh: I decided it deserved a bath.
IMG_0745.JPG

my youngest brother doing the dirty work :hillbilly:

EWOI2989.JPG

Amazing what degreaser and a pressure washer will do

My good buddy @wngrog told me a trick to try that involved CLR,scotch brite pad and some linseed oil.

Wow! What a difference!
IMG_1563.JPG
You can spot the difference just a little..
IMG_1568.JPG

Thank you for sharing, please keep posting pictures of your progress I can’t wait to see how she turns out.

Congratulations, I think. :clap:

You'll love the beatch, yahoooooo

I’ll look this weekend. I might have a few kicking around.

For the most part everything was there and complete. First step was to replace the missing dizzy. Called and told another cruiser friend of mine about the pig and he thought he had a dizzy on the shelf. I meet with him the next morning and BOOM dui dizzy with livewires. Little gas in the carb and a hot battery and i had a running 72 pig!View attachment 1681599

View attachment 1681600

View attachment 1681601

My son approves
That is one happy boy! Mine is the same way. Congrats!

:popcorn:

Nice find. On the scotch brite, you are talking the green kitchen duty job right? The automotive ones would scratch the paint, or what's left of it.

I do love patina.

You got this from an uncle of yours? Cool!

Funny that he couldn't part with the Pig when reality came knocking...
Yes, he knew nothing about them.

So the story is.. He was at work and a guy pulls in with it on a trailer; the owner was headed to the scrap yard! My uncle had no clue if it even ran but he bought it. He parked behind his shop in the woods, where it rest till i came along 3 years later.

Nice find. On the scotch brite, you are talking the green kitchen duty job right? The automotive ones would scratch the paint, or what's left of it.

I do love patina.
Yes, kitchen duty scotch brite is what i used. The combination of it and the CLR really gives it a good scrub.

Though id like to work on my cruisers all the time, I do have to work on customers cars which most of the time is not a bad thing.
62 vette
IMG_0884.JPG
Sanded, blocked, and ready for paint.
IMG_0941.JPG

Pulling the factory 327 for a rebuild

I rebuilt the stock fuel pump, cleaned the carb, added fluids were needed and have just been enjoying this pig. Big plans for the future though, I am working on a deal with a buddy of mine that has a low mileage 95 prado roller. He imported it just for the engine and trans. It has front and rear disc brakes, power steering, master cylinder ect. The plan is to roll the prado axles out and roll them under my 55, now my big question is,keep the leaf springs or use the coils from the prado suspension??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom