Local Shop? BFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the support. I felt like a jerk bringing it up. He reluctantly offer to get me a new one after he looked bewildered by my issue. I asked him if it was his 67 Chevelle would he mind getting it back with a dented part? He responded with "I wouldn't have the original stabilizer on it." ... ? When I brought up a tool, TRE puller, he said those were for "driveway mechanics and this is how its done." Prying the tre off by using the stabilizer as a brace. Pro. I understand that stuff gets dented along the way but a courtesy "hey I dented this *part* how would you like us to resolve it?" goes a long way. I don't even want his pity part.

I tried to do the job myself and failed. They ended up having to torch every TRE and bushing out. The damage is just to the outer housing of the stabilizer. I take pride in my rig, its not show room but I have kept it looking and running well for 14 years. Are there any shops that actually take pride in their work?

Yes, @cruiseroutfit has served me well so far. I recommend. Wish they did local work.

Still in need if anyone knows a shop.

We don't ever pry a TRE off. Usually a nice big hammer will free them. Sounds cave man but the pullers usually don't work and tear up the boot and if they break they are dangerous.

I'm no mechanic and can't speak to the "proper" method. I just know the pry bar was a messy technique.

Maybe I just need to get over the dent on a part that no one sees and accept the fact that when you get another monkey to open your banana it may be a little crushed when you get it back.

They just called and said the new part is in. I don't want to go back. Plus they initially said it would 300 and ended up costing 416...After a "discount". They were going to charge me $530. That's dealership prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom