Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, been in Pittsburgh for a few years now with a '78 FJ40, it's been sulking in the back of my garage with a thrown rod. I found a donor engine, took it to a shop to get swapped (my garage ceiling is too low for my hoist to pull the original!), and it turns out the donor was seized, likely from sitting (1 year with me, 2 years with PO). The shop I took it to got it moving, pulled the head, then took a look at the crank. Crank looks good, cylinders look mostly clear, but it's still hitching a little bit while manually turning over. I don't think they have pulled the pistons completely out of the cylinders yet, I'm going to see them tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to take a look and see what's catching. They are recommending a rebuild, but I'd like to get the 40 on the road quickly. Does anyone have a line on a 2F engine? I'm looking for a runner that will keep things moving for the next year while I rebuild either the donor or the (factory) original engine that originally went.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hearing if there is anything around! @shmukster John Smith recommended I talk with you, too, and lo and behold, you posted just before me!
I've got a good 2f long block I'd part with. Also have a running 60 I'd be willing to sell the motor from. Long block ran well when pulled. Had good compression across all 6.

I don't have anything right at the moment. I do have an 85 FJ60 parts rig but the engine is spoken for. Running usable 2F engine are getting hard to find. If Nathan and Vince have anything I would recommend buying from them, they're good guys. Don't hesitate to buy a good used F engine though- some of them are great engines and you might have better luck finding one of those. Good luck!
Has anyone put an F in place of a 2f before? What would need to change/stay the same? I'm expecting I could use my distributor, carb, air filter, alternator, etc, right? Will I lose anything else? This is a 1978, otherwise stock. Thanks

As long as you're not using the very early F engines with the siamese port head the F and 2F are compatible in almost every way. Same engine mount bolt pattern, same bolt pattern for the bellhousing and flywheel. Distributors are compatible. The only major difference might be the exhaust pipe flange- the later 2F engines had a bigger exhaust pipe connection. Starters, alternators, all are compatible.

Interesting...

1995 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER runs great no rust

IMG_2933.PNG

Found on Craigslist, I have no connection with this place or knowledge of the vehicle's condition, but it looks like there is a 1965 FJ40 that is being parted out.

PARTING OUT

"1965 Toyota FJ40, 6 cyl (bad), MT"

He’s got some pictures on Facebook - says he wants $650 for it:

TLC 001.jpg
TLC 002.jpg
TLC 003.jpg

Found on Craigslist, I have no connection with this place or knowledge of the vehicle's condition, but it looks like there is a 1965 FJ40 that is being parted out.

PARTING OUT

"1965 Toyota FJ40, 6 cyl (bad), MT"

Last edited:
That looks like the one I got from Williamsport. $50 off of EBay. That hood spar looks good!!

Last edited:
Seven BFG KM2 tires for $500
285/75/17 (34's, essentially)
One is brand new, one is relatively new, the rest are used with about 50 percent tread left. There is one with a lot of tread left but a punctured sidewall.

IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3049.JPG

@Crusha - new shoes for the ol' gal? What're you going with? 40s on beadlocks?!

I think I can make that work. I will do some research. How much?

Make sure it will work for your application and I'll dig it up.

The cost for you will be like a dead battery...no charge!

Russel.jpg

This just popped up north of Lancaster (not mine)...1972 FJ55 - looks like it could be pretty crusty, but mostly there...$4900 asking price. Lots of potential for it to be a fresh coat of paint over bondo though...

1972 Toyota FJ55

We are looking for another silver Tundra, '07-'13. Needs to have the 5.7L engine. Single cab or double cab. Huge bonus points if it has an 8' bed.

Keep your eyes peeled please!!!

Sold '10 with an 8' bed and 5.7 in June. Where were you when I needed you?

Dang! They are hard to find. Especially since we only want silver trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom