LED DRL and High Beam for LX and LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have now installed the Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 LEDs in 9006 for low beam and 9005 for high beam and they work great and seems to have a less scattered pattern than the LASFIT 9006 LEDs I previously installed. What a great improvement over the stock halogens! $240 and 10 minute install for both high and low beams.

Sorry for the delay but I really want to make sure we had a real world test on both the LC and LX. There’s a LX in California and Jerry’s LC in Florida that have had zero issues with both running HID’s in the low beam. I have a co worker running the 2 Stroke in a LX with the stock Halogen’s
We should be ready early next week

and presumably all those running them currently are super pleased with the output in stock LX projectors? a plug and play bulb would be a whole lot easier than doing projector upgrades!!!

I have now installed the Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 LEDs in 9006 for low beam and 9005 for high beam and they work great and seems to have a less scattered pattern than the LASFIT 9006 LEDs I previously installed. What a great improvement over the stock halogens! $240 and 10 minute install for both high and low beams.

You have a 100 series running a LED in a reflector bowl. that's like driving around with your high beams on. I find that setup to be extremely unsafe for on coming traffic.
The setup we came up with is for the high beam only.... the resistor and harness allow the LED to dim and run as a DRL

and presumably all those running them currently are super pleased with the output in stock LX projectors? a plug and play bulb would be a whole lot easier than doing projector upgrades!!!

I have 3 trucks testing this setup and it's only for the high beam/DRL. The projector in a LX is in the low beam side and there's currently no bulb that I know of that produces the output of an HID. The high beam location in the LX is a reflector bowl.
We all agree a simple plug and play bulb would easy and inexpensive solution to better output but it does not exist. Look at the modern car industry every manufacturer is running HID and LED.. in some cases as standard equipment across every model.
It's interesting to see guy's dropping $10k-20K modifying their trucks and expect a cheap solution to head lights that are used every day. I don't think you'd find one person who regrets spending the time and money retrofitting their own light or having me build a set. I'm still giddy every time I drive at night.

Back to the thread... this is only for the high beam location

I have 3 trucks testing this setup and it's only for the high beam/DRL. The projector in a LX is in the low beam side and there's currently no bulb that I know of that produces the output of an HID. The high beam location in the LX is a reflector bowl.
We all agree a simple plug and play bulb would easy and inexpensive solution to better output but it does not exist. Look at the modern car industry every manufacturer is running HID and LED.. in some cases as standard equipment across every model.
It's interesting to see guy's dropping $10k-20K modifying their trucks and expect a cheap solution to head lights that are used every day. I don't think you'd find one person who regrets spending the time and money retrofitting their own light or having me build a set. I'm still giddy every time I drive at night.

Back to the thread... this is only for the high beam location

Dont know how i missed that they were for high beams only. I mean its only in the thread title... :doh:

Ill be upgrading the projectors. I'm sure glad there are folks out there like you Luke that contribute so much to this community.

I just updated the first post

2003-2007 LED DRL/HIGH BEAM KIT

The LED DRL /High Beam Kit is now available in a limited quantity on my site www.lbbuiltwerks.com . The kit will include the 2Stroke LED bulbs a resistor and a harness. The kits vary based on LX or LC and which head lights you are running .....HID or Halogen.
If you plan on retrofitting your head lights to HID in the future buy the HID kit.. It will work with your halogen lights and you'll have the connectors for the HID lights when you're ready. We're not sure how many are interested so we are limiting availability and will adjust based on the orders. I the site is set to take back orders but I'll limit it... so we don't get backed up.

THIS KIT ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A OEM DRL RESISTOR
(Some 2003 Land Cruisers will not have the OEM resistor.. and will required more then a plug and play solution.. it's in the works)

C77DA20F-A07B-47FC-912D-C008CD09E489.jpeg

7757DD61-ECB5-4EE8-9DF9-5742A60262A0.jpeg

You have a 100 series running a LED in a reflector bowl. that's like driving around with your high beams on. I find that setup to be extremely unsafe for on coming traffic.
The setup we came up with is for the high beam only.... the resistor and harness allow the LED to dim and run as a DRL
I agree that the LASFIT 9006 bulbs had a very diffused beam pattern and I got flashed fairly often. The Morimoto 2.0 seem to have a much cleaner cut off and when shined at a white wall 25 feet away, the light was no higher than with halogens. Is there a law about how many lumens you can send downrange at other drivers? The stock halogens were so faint they were unsafe for rural driving and I never ran them without the stock fog lights.

I agree that the LASFIT 9006 bulbs had a very diffused beam pattern and I got flashed fairly often. The Morimoto 2.0 seem to have a much cleaner cut off and when shined at a white wall 25 feet away, the light was no higher than with halogens. Is there a law about how many lumens you can send downrange at other drivers? The stock halogens were so faint they were unsafe for rural driving and I never ran them without the stock fog lights.
There's one way to tell...park your truck on the street with the lights on and hop in a sedan and see the effect.. the simple fix is a retrofit... buy a set of Depos and retrofit a Mini H1 or D2S ...it's really not that hard to do and you could use the 2Strokes as DRL/High Beam

Order placed :cool:. These should rock next to the housings you built for me

@MongooseGA is running TSX projectors which are not Bi-Xenon...for those that don’t know the TSX projectors do not fire as a high beam. He just installed the 2Stroke LED Kit
and sent these output shots. He does plan on adjusting his low beams up.

A6669185-6BE9-48C2-ACFA-EF86ECFA88C2.jpeg

38B57CCC-57A8-4D3D-BD3E-0E19462BB459.jpeg

@Luke111 is it possible to purchase just the resistor for a '04 LC? I've already retrofitted in Mini H1 projectors with 2Strokes as high beams using the TRS harness, but it would be nice to get DRL functionality back...

Last edited:
@Luke111 is it possible to purchase just the resistor for a '04 LC? I've already retrofitted in Mini H1 projectors with 2Strokes as high beams using the TRS harness, but it would be nice to get DRL functionality back...
You would need the resistor and the harness we make for the DRl's to work...you still keep the TRS harness

You would need the resistor and the harness we make for the DRl's to work...you still keep the TRS harness
Copy, thanks for the clarification!

Looking at the EWD, it does not appear that I have the OEM DRL resistor. I'll have to do some investigating under the hood this evening...
EWD.JPG

Copy, thanks for the clarification!

Looking at the EWD, it does not appear that I have the OEM DRL resistor. I'll have to do some investigating under the hood this evening...
View attachment 1994656
That would be good information we thought that 2003 LC was the year some had it and some didn't

@Luke111 Did you ever get an LC to adjust on? I have black depo 1 pieces on my 99 LC that I'd be interested in sending your way to be retrofitted. I'd even donate my stock ones to your cause if you needed them, they're sitting in my garage taking up room currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom