LED DRL and High Beam for LX and LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lou, how does this compare performance-wise to the profile LED high beam(the Q45 lookin' one)? I think the latter looks cooler but that's not the entire intent.

Sorry for the delay but the final test in the LX is complete and the OEM style connectors arrived today. We are very close to start selling a limited quantity and will create a thread that’s dedicated for sales and links to purchase.. I know you’ll ask, so the price for the kit which will included the 2Stroke bulbs, new resistor and harness is $189.00. As a TRS dealer I can only discount the lights when TRS does. The current retail for the 2Stroke LED is $135.00 I’ll update this thread when the kit is for sale
In the output shot the DRL appears to be just as bright as the high beam but the are not. I had to stand off center for the high beam shot to reduce the glare

View attachment 1950857

View attachment 1950860

I’m in for my new soon-to-be-in-my-driveway 06 Lexicruiser!!

Need the LED high beam 2005 for my 2007 LC.

For crystal clarity, this harness and bulbs will work for bone stock housings and trucks from 98-07?
Was your question answer? I know that any LC or LX that has a DRL resistor this kit is plug and play. You replace your resistor with the one in the kit, run the harness , install the bulbs and remove the RH high beam fuse (don't ask )...make sure your emergency brake is off and they'll fire right up

I currently like my high beams, but would like some LED treatment for daytime driving as it looks cleaner.

Is high beam output on par or better then OEM HIR 9011's?
Thanks!
I have never seen the output of the HIR 9011 or seen a comparison but as I stated earlier in the thread..the idea was to have a DRL that was close to the same color as the HID for those who did the retrofit. I have to believe the output would be a little better and it would no doubt push you into retrofitting your low beam location with a D2S and than you'd have some serious output running 4 high beams

Lou, how does this compare performance-wise to the profile LED high beam(the Q45 lookin' one)? I think the latter looks cooler but that's not the entire intent.

It's about the same but you'd have to open up your high beam lens, extend the threaded shaft and trim the new shroud

Last edited:
In for the LX if it works with the 2002.
Is that a question or a statement? Here's a picture of the stock resistor in the LX.. If you have one, it works

79674B80-DD9B-4C0D-886F-EF7DC42D4EB0.jpeg

Is that a question or a statement? Here's a picture of the stock resistor in the LX.. If you have one, it works

View attachment 1951193

I just checked my 01 LX and I don't have that resistor. What would be needed for those of us that have earlier year trucks to make this work? Interested based on the feedback on these from the 5th gen 4runner community.

if you ask about years outside of the range you need to post a picture of the wiring diagram from the wiring book.
1998 1999 = no. 2000-2002 I don't have pics of the wiring book. 2003 should be the same as 2004 but I don't have that pic either. 2004-7 I have and it will work fine.

don't get confused, if your wiring is like the pic in post 39 then everything is good. if it is and you don't have the resistor then you can add it in at the relay.

Last edited:
if you ask about years outside of the range you need to post a picture of the wiring diagram from the wiring book.

Thanks. Will see if I can hunt this down. Do not have these documents in hand.

@Luke111 and @jerryb
my question was somewhat answered but by what jerry said a couple posts ago, neither of you know for sure what years these will drop into. no offense. I have a 2000 LC and i have a 2000 EWD. i certainly dont have the resistor pack on the fender. i would make a broad assumption that no LC from 98-02 is going to have the resistor pack. you didnt mention exactly which relay you guys keep mentioning, but there are several that are intertwined with the headlight system, again, i would assume you mean the DRL relay. that very well might have changed locations in the truck (engine bay versus cabin) in the 98-02 range versus the 03-07 range which would render your harness useless. i will compare jerrys picture of his EWD with mine in the morning

neither of us posted the info. I got all the pictures needed. No on 1998-2002. yes on all the rest.
IF your wiring is the same as the pic then this harness will work for you.

the daytime running light relay is in the same position on the pass side fender for all years, all model 100s
the harness is not connected to the resistor. The resistor is just a swap out with the stock one.
if you do not have a stock resistor you can add it on the daytime running light relay ground, position 3a. Or you could order the jumper that is part of the service campaign for lexus for 1998-2005.

Last edited:
I was writing this as your post came in..Jerry can answer your question regarding relay location.. I believe it’s on the left wall but that being said ..the LED DRL/High Beam kit will only work for 2003-2007... LC/LX470 ....some 2003 LC will not have the OEM resistor ...
apparently it was added via TSB but the kit will work.....you have to wire the resistor inline
Jerry said he would try and figure out a work around for the 1998-2002 but will need a truck to work on. Anyone live near Gulf Breeze FL with 1998-2002?

For 2003 without resistor
F37E43A0-B14A-4393-BAAE-F44E8F04D0F6.jpeg

1998 1999 = no. 2000-2002 I don't have pics of the wiring book. 2003 should be the same as 2004 but I don't have that pic either. 2004-7 I have and it will work fine.

don't get confused, if your wiring is like the pic in post 39 then everything is good. if it is and you don't have the resistor then you can add it in at the relay.

today at 9:04 am you were unsure for the years 2000 - 2003. no offense.

today at 9:04 am you were unsure for the years 2000 - 2003. no offense.
Your are correct but at 10.30 I pulled all the EWB from 1998 -2007 and jerry concluded it would only work for 03-07

lou and I talked, he sent pics, it was determined, now it's posted.
one more for the non readers, if your wiring looks like the pics, then it's fine. If it doesn't then it's not.

Sorry for the delay but I really want to make sure we had a real world test on both the LC and LX. There’s a LX in California and Jerry’s LC in Florida that have had zero issues with both running HID’s in the low beam. I have a co worker running the 2 Stroke in a LX with the stock Halogen’s
We should be ready early next week

7B4D3A89-7EFB-4976-955A-85E142C59BCC.jpeg

2FD72147-DD06-4A35-BCDD-0C1961471EDA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom