LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got my PX6 today. The unit came with 2 AC harnesses. LC100 low configuration air conditioner adapter, and the other, LC100 High Configuration air conditioner adapter. Does anyone know which one I'm supposed to use in my 2005 LX470? The low configuration harness was the one plugged into the CAN BUS decoder out the box. Thanks.

View attachment 2416077

I also have an 05 would like to know how it goes.

For those with the KLYDE unit in their LC100, can you let me know which wire you tapped into for reverse signal? Getting ready to install mine in the next couple of days and am trying to get everything in order before opening things up.

I believe from looking at the diagram, that it's the orange with black wire, but i'm not positive. I expected it to be a loose capped wire to tap into, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

In an ideal world I would just use it with the stock backup camera, but doesn't look like that's doable. If i'm wrong please correct me.

Also, does this unit still retain stock CD changer functionality? Thanks

Hi All - '02 LX with HVAC,Nav,Radio in one and I was curious if I could swap out the whole Entertainment deck, tape deck, rear defrost, AC dash with another stock LX dash that didn't have the all-in-one touchscreen to make life easier and then do an aftermarket head unit replacement?

Hi All - '02 LX with HVAC,Nav,Radio in one and I was curious if I could swap out the whole Entertainment deck, tape deck, rear defrost, AC dash with another stock LX dash that didn't have the all-in-one touchscreen to make life easier and then do an aftermarket head unit replacement?

This is dash that I would like to swap the current dash for.

IMG_1394.JPG

This is dash that I would like to swap the current dash for.

View attachment 2417176
I think this thread has what you're looking for:

Where did you find the unit with A/C button on the bottom?

Just got my PX6 today. The unit came with 2 AC harnesses. LC100 low configuration air conditioner adapter, and the other, LC100 High Configuration air conditioner adapter. Does anyone know which one I'm supposed to use in my 2005 LX470? The low configuration harness was the one plugged into the CAN BUS decoder out the box. Thanks.

View attachment 2416077

Is there any member here who has a relationship with one of the vendors or manufacturer of these units? There are enough of us here that are expressing interest and existing users of the products that I feel could be better served with a single point of contact. I’m willing to help set up/manage/etc. in order to find benefits for this community.

I am one on the fence about purchasing one of these units. Too many uncertainties; from cables to software.

any fixes on airbag light (code B1152-passenger airbag on/off indicator circuit) that im getting after installing

unable to reset it
Any suggestions how to solve ?

I think this thread has what you're looking for:

Yes, yes it is. Thank you @sharkCamo

I'm about to pull the trigger on this for a LX470 '06
If anyone has any warnings or tips, please let me know!
1599698670218.png

If i do get it, I'll record the installation too for the next lad along

Last edited:
Im eagerly awaiting your feedback on the install progress :)

+Image

I just made the offer, I'm going to compile the whole experience here for anyone who is interested in following along, once completed I'll post the whole thing here:

I'll be watching this closely. I've been close to pulling the trigger on one from Phoenix for months now, but each time I read about an issue with the install or a feature not working correctly, I back out.

Watching and anticipating your install - I'm also in a 2006 LX470 and would like the head unit mainly to run Google Earth and explore potential trails on demand. I don't like the idea of buggy firmware, so also interested to see if you end up paying for the 3rd party upgrade there.

Watching and anticipating your install - I'm also in a 2006 LX470 and would like the head unit mainly to run Google Earth and explore potential trails on demand. I don't like the idea of buggy firmware, so also interested to see if you end up paying for the 3rd party upgrade there.
Good news, the sales guy said that if a newer model becomes available within the year of delivery, they will exchange for the newer with only the cost difference

I think once the wiring harnesses are properly matched to the vehicles and the A/C software is sorted out, there will be much more interest in these units.

Cheers

Has anyone been able to successful get rid of the ground loop noise using the factory JBL amp? I'm at a loss, I worked out all of the other issues and have it working with my factory backup camera. The factory setup has 3 grounds apparently:

1. Chassis ground
2. Head unit to amp ground
3. Speaker low level (signal) ground

I've run a dedicated ground for 2 & 3 at HU (PX6) and factory JBL amp (br), but still getting buzz. Anyone been able to fix this w/o going to an aftermarket amp?

stereo-1-jpg.2037907

Thx!
Tucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom