LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone help me set the vehicle type settings back to default for a lx470
15755008283528165864153561836525.jpg

I got mine and they didn't send the instructions... are they any good or using @BigLittle guide is the best bet?

Mine has actually been super stable. Restarts every once in a while (like maybe once a month) when it should've been coming out of standby mode, but other than that, it has been very reliable and enjoyable.
You have the X6 version?

The outside on the box I got has the X6... I'm hoping I got that.

They are also missing the screws to hold the bracket.

Everyone has been happy with the sound quality except me?? I tried multiple apps but it just sounded horrible. Honestly would be better using a casette tape adapter. Have you guys turned it up?

Mine sounds MUCH better than the OEM head unit. Not sure what's up with yours. Maybe try and have them send you a replacement?

Mine sounds MUCH better than the OEM head unit. Not sure what's up with yours. Maybe try and have them send you a replacement?
I had the PX6 version maybe there is a difference. Mine also had none of the 100 series artwork like yours has, it just has a yellow Lamborghini and a white sedan graphics. I tried to get support from Rhino through both Facebook and their email but it took them over 24 hours to reply on each, then I replied back and didn't hear anything for another 24 hours. After doing that for a few days I just decided to return it for a refund. Maybe I'll try again when they fix some bugs.

Made a video of my issues:

I had the PX6 version maybe there is a difference. Mine also had none of the 100 series artwork like yours has, it just has a yellow Lamborghini and a white sedan graphics. I tried to get support from Rhino through both Facebook and their email but it took them over 24 hours to reply on each, then I replied back and didn't hear anything for another 24 hours. After doing that for a few days I just decided to return it for a refund. Maybe I'll try again when they fix some bugs.

Made a video of my issues:

Hi J1000

I have a PX6 as well. Been using it for about 3 months now. The startup picture on mine is the yellow Lambo as well. I think that is non-adjustable as this is an image defined by the software programmer during boot sequences (hard coded). Not really an issue for me.
I'll try to post a few images of teh laoder. It it kinda nice for that it displays my GPS speed on the screen.

I use an aftermarket loader that gives a much better home screen and is very customizable. The audio on mine is great, especially when using bluetooth. I installed an aftermarket amplifier during the radio install as my ML factory amp took a dump. I crank it up and it doesn't distort. I have heard that there are settings on the radio to manipulate the ML amplifier setting for better tuning. If it sounds great during all other media options (radio, wired, MP3) but its a bluetooth only sound issue, I suggest checking the BT antenna or sending the unit back for a replacement one.

I use bluetooth most of the time on mine. By the way, the chime you hear after 30 seconds is either a device connecting to the radio or a transition from one connection to another. I believe there is a way to lower this sound or mute it completely. Still haven't looked at this myself yet.

Received my PX6 yesterday, excited to install this weekend! Any reason to use the included microphone for bluetooth phone calls? I'm assuming it re uses the factory ones that are buried in the overhead console.

Also any recommendation on dash cams? I selected the free backup and front camera with my order. Any reason not to use the front camera as a dash cam?

@BigLittle Thank you for the install write up!

Driving my other vehicle this week, but grabbed a screen shot of the same loader used by another member.
1575655524557.png

Its basically a skin used for your home screen and app access. I think it was $2 on the Google play store.
Car Launcher PRO

It also has an adjustable screensaver mode where the majority of the screen can go blank and only the GPS speed and clock will show up. Kinda nice when you don't want to be distracted by a 12" screen while driving. The screen saver will stay on while you use the steering wheel controsl as well. Only wakes back up when you touch the screen.

Having no installation instructions SUCK.

I just test fitted the radio and everything seems to be working fine. With the exception of the Movie... It has a messages that says: "Video is disabled for your safety"

Did I missed a cable that sends the "park" signal to enable the playback?

Also, any idea if this head unit has the capability for dash cam feature? I have 2 cams I'd like to use as front/rear dash cams.

One last thing... The cameras have a red lead on both ends of the RCA... I assume this is the "trigger"... Do I need to 12v one end only?

Last edited:
Video disabled for safety: either ground the wire marked Brake or bypass in the admin settings.

It has a DVR feature but only for a single camera.

Red wire is 12v power. The harness has a wore labeled "Back" that is the reverse signal trigger, needs to be hooked up to the truck's reverse signal.

Video disabled for safety: either ground the wire marked Brake or bypass in the admin settings.

It has a DVR feature but only for a single camera.

Red wire is 12v power. The harness has a wore labeled "Back" that is the reverse signal trigger, needs to be hooked up to the truck's reverse signal.
thanks. I do see both BRAKE and BACK on the main harness.

Sorry guys...

Having no wiring diagram is pissing me off.

The main harness has a RCA male Camera and the brown wire (back)... I'm safe to assume this for the reverse cam?

Also, the E harness has:
RCA female Camera and the brown wire (back) (Dash cam?)
RCA female S. Camera and an unmarked purple wire (side cam?)

Aux L
Aux R
Video In
(Game console perhaps)

any fixes on airbag light (code B1152-passenger airbag on/off indicator circuit) that im getting after installing

unable to reset via Techstream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom