LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have found a reliable source for the factory clutches and will have 5 fluid modified clutches heading to the machine shop tomorrow. I'm not sure what his turn around will be as he has several requests from me already and obviously serves others as well.

If you would like to prepay for a clutch and am willing to wait however long it takes to receive it, Contact Josh at AJIKOverlandExchange.com via his email address.

The clutch is $305.00 plus shipping. He will have water pump studs (aftermarket) available and is looking into sourcing stock used fan blades if people need those.

If a 6th request is received we will immediately order another batch to keep turn around at a minimum.

:clap:

Dibs. Josh, message sent.

I'm very pleased with mine by the way.....

This is good timing. I wanted to get one of landtank's supped up fan clutches before summer hit and I was just looking at the radiator shroud and the 3fe fan I have now. The 3fe fan sits at a good depth and keeps things in the low 200's except when I'm towing. The stronger clutch and bigger fan radius ( I think the stock fan is at least a 1/2" bigger) should be a great combo.

Landtank, what fluid viscosity are you using on the modified fan clucht ?

Can somebody post some pics ? Thanks !

I really had not thought about this until I saw the info on the thread.

Wouldn't it be simpler / cheaper to just use a spacer of the right size to allow the use of the original fan ? I am intrigued about this, and I have to think there is a good reason the spacer would not work, otherwise the kit would have come with the adequate spacer.

Can someone shed some light on what am I missing here ? Thanks !!!

If you want to run the original fan after SC install you need the opposite of a spacer. The fan would be jammed against the radiator.

Landtank found a clutch with a shallower mounting depth and will work with the stock fan after machining.

But I too would like a picture of the new clutch installed as I wait for delivery.

The spacers minimum thickness is determined by the shape of the water pump flange. It has a tapered shoulder leading to an alignment Corel that centers the fancoupling on the water pump.

Toyota determined that the spacer was to be made 3/4" thick. At that thickness the stock fan is too close to the radiator and can come in contact with it.

The clutch I am using is only 5/16" taller than the stock clutch which is enough so the fan clears the serpentine pulley on the crank vib damper but not so much that you have to use a different fan.

Hope that helps

Oh, and it works.

bloddy hell, one more thing to buy....

image.jpg

Landtank's modified fan clutch for supercharged 1FZ are available in a limited quantity. Modification includes larger machined pin recess to fan clutch base for direct install to 1FZ waterpump, this includes fluid drain/refill and tuning for greater performance. Email josh@ajikoverlandexchange.com for invoicing.

LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ
Landtank modified fan clutch for S/C 1FZ, includes aftermarket fan clutch studs (required if you are already S/C) $305. + shipping.

Last edited:
does it come with the fan blades?

Thanks for the picture ! can you please post some once you have it installaed ? Thanks !!!

Thanks for the picture ! can you please post some once you have it installaed ? Thanks !!!
Landtank will have one available this weekend. I'll ask him to post some pictures at his earliest convenience. Josh

So, Landtank, are you making any changes to the silicone fluid for these?

Just in time for summer temps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom