KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, looked at those and was wondering what every one else came up with. No problem with what is there but we are a group of out of the box (drawer) type of thinkers so was looking more ideas.

Yup, looked at those and was wondering what every one else came up with. No problem with what is there but we are a group of out of the box (drawer) type of thinkers so was looking more ideas.
+1 Also interested in keeping discussion going on who’s doing what for handles, finish etc. Thinking I’d like to go with lockable T handles (not sure which ones yet), apply some sort of Line-X’y coating, and TBD top and front finishing.

To those asking about switching from blanks to cutouts and vice versa - whassup wit dat?!? You trying to mess up my statistics?!? ;)

But yeah no problemo - I won't put the plywood order in for at least a week, just please reply to your order email (PM's are real hard to track and search and things get lost easier) with what you want.

Please understand, for those who do not know much about me, that this is a side job after hours here and there, and even family and little league get ahead of LSO a lot of the time. I bust my butt to give you the highest quality product I can, for a really good price, but that means schedule is what suffers (you know, the ol pick 2 of the 3 saying?). I will not be fast on emails, so please understand if it's been 2 days and I haven't replied. Or 3. Or even 4.

Status update and a CALL FOR HELP

- Ordered all materials
- Measurements done and preparing proto files to be cut early next week
- Sending out payment emails and cutout/blank confirmations this weekend
- Need help with a test rig.

Yep, I had 3 test mule options when I said I would do this, but had not touched base with 2 in a few months and unfortunately 1 moved to Portland and 1 bought and installed a full ARB system which is a PITA to remove. The other guy has been great, but leaves today for 5 weeks on a huge fishing trip across the west, so that leaves me with no rig to confirm final fitment.

ANY FOLKS NEARBY CAN YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME??? THANK YOU!

Status update and a CALL FOR HELP

- Ordered all materials
- Measurements done and preparing proto files to be cut early next week
- Sending out payment emails and cutout/blank confirmations this weekend
- Need help with a test rig.

Yep, I had 3 test mule options when I said I would do this, but had not touched base with 2 in a few months and unfortunately 1 moved to Portland and 1 bought and installed a full ARB system which is a PITA to remove. The other guy has been great, but leaves today for 5 weeks on a huge fishing trip across the west, so that leaves me with no rig to confirm final fitment.

ANY FOLKS NEARBY CAN YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME??? THANK YOU!
I’m that guy going fishing! Someone step up and help while I’m gone please? I saw the nearly completed prototype (in my rig) and the final product will be great! CruzerDave needs to change his name to DetailDave!

I’m that guy going fishing! Someone step up and help while I’m gone please? I saw the nearly completed prototype (in my rig) and the final product will be great! CruzerDave needs to change his name to DetailDave!
LOL thanks @Bendcruiser! And have a great trip, post up pics on Instagram for me to daydream over while working the 'day job' ;)

I’d love to help with test vehicle, but too far away in UT :/ Hope you find one @cruzerDave!
Thanks... looking to *rent* one, but lil' ol' Bend doesn't have a lot of options there either, couple more calls tomorrow we'll see.

I emailed everyone info for paying the remainder, if you did not receive an email from me check your spam/junk and if not there either email me and I'll resend. Please pay this week. This is also your last chance to change blanks/cutouts - use the email (threads and PM tough to keep track of/get to)

I'm still wanting to ship these in a couple weeks but this test mule issue is about to start impacting. I'll keep you updated here.

Ship date is getting impacted by lack of a test mule, sorry everyone. I thought I had a 4th rig ready to test-fit but the 3rd row seats were installed and did not look quick to remove:

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.17.19 AM.png

Can someone who has removed their 3rd rows confirm the plastic shrouds come apart with just clips, and those don't break as you do (like some stupid Toyota clips I've run into) and are there any tricks to those rods/struts on them? Or better yet, anyone know anyone in central Oregon that hasn't spoken up yet? ;)

I personally am fine with delay here until @cruzerDave can find a test vehicle, so we can ensure fit before he proceeds with production. Don't personally have summer travel plans through Bend, but hopefully there's a MUD'er that does :)

I just removed my third row seats in the past few weeks. Took less than 30 minutes. The plastic covers pop out and did not break. A plastic trim removal tool would help, but I was able to do everything by hand. A quick search on Mud will provide you with some tips to pull of the plastic shrouds.

Also for those interested in the finishes I will be using, I have finally settled on the following:

Rubber "Diamond Plate" mat on top
Wood stain finish
Carpet lined interior
Interior LED battery powered motion sensor lights
Handles TBD but looking for a flush mounted locking T handle design
Adjustable tie down points
Sleeping Platform/Storage Extension after second row removal
This piece will be made of baltic birch, be stained, and also have the rubber diamond plate mat on top.

Last edited:
Ship date is getting impacted by lack of a test mule, sorry everyone. I thought I had a 4th rig ready to test-fit but the 3rd row seats were installed and did not look quick to remove:

View attachment 1725561

Can someone who has removed their 3rd rows confirm the plastic shrouds come apart with just clips, and those don't break as you do (like some stupid Toyota clips I've run into) and are there any tricks to those rods/struts on them? Or better yet, anyone know anyone in central Oregon that hasn't spoken up yet? ;)

View attachment 1725561

There is a video link somewhere on Mud on how to remove the 3rd row seats. I used it when i took one of mine out. Definitely felt like the plastic was going to break, but it didn’t. I did by hand also. I agree maybe 15 minutes a piece.

I just removed my third row seats in the past few weeks. Took less than 30 minutes. The plastic covers pop out and did not break. A plastic trim removal tool would help, but I was able to do everything by hand. A quick search on Mud will provide you with some tips to pull of the plastic shrouds.

Also for those interested in the finishes I will be using, I have finally settled on the following:

Rubber "Diamond Plate" mat on top
Wood stain finish
Carpet lined interior
Interior LED battery powered motion sensor lights
Handles TBD but looking for a flush mounted locking T handle design
Adjustable tie down points
Sleeping Platform/Storage Extension after second row removal
This piece will be made of baltic birch, be stained, and also have the rubber diamond plate mat on top.

Take a look at Cruzer Dave’s website for references to the flush mounted locking T handle.

Take a look at Cruzer Dave’s website for references to the flush mounted locking T handle.
I am trying to see if i could find something that maintains the same function, but with better ergonomics.

JZelnick,

I have looked, but they all seem to have a similar design. Moreover, Dave indicates that some are of inferior quality so I am not sure how one is supposed to differentiate.

This should help!

@cruzerDave , what is the ship date looking like now?

Thank you for the video, helpful!
Ship date will be about 2 weeks from "GO" for production. Right now that clock could start in 1 day or 10, I am keeping an eye out as I drive around for one in a parking lot, wife is talking to dealership about a "loaner" before "buying" (shudder)... I will post here once that clock starts, thanks for understanding and again sorry it has unfolded like this ;(

JZelnick,

I have looked, but they all seem to have a similar design. Moreover, Dave indicates that some are of inferior quality so I am not sure how one is supposed to differentiate.
Avoid small ones is the big thing. All of the ones linked to from the 'Handles & Latches' tab on my page are verified by prior customers as ones they are happy with:
Land Shark Outfitters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom