KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ask me Friday.......................

IMG_4528.JPG

Hi, I sent you an email yesterday about the 200 drawers. Please add me to the list of buyers ready to purchase when the drawers are ready.

Alrighty, here we go!

I have begun modeling the 200 series, bought high-falutin' profiling tools for those wings and door sweeps that always are a pain to figure out, and built a jig I will use in the back of a 200 series to set the height and distances early next week. There are no changes from the standard design planned - see the 100 thread here for what the 200 set will be like. Drawers will be secured via U-bolts like the 100, and you'll also be able to order cutouts or blank drawer fronts.

My orders are backed up already because of problems with the router table (it caught fire) and aluminum (cost and lead times are fighting with each other which can get worse). My goal is to be files off to proto next (not this) weekend, into production the moment I close the run (more on that below). I expect production to take 3 weeks.

I plan to offer a discount on this first batch as a thank you to everyone who has exercised saintly patience for so long. I am going to offer a tiered discount, and it'll work like this:

- Reserve your slot by paying a $200 deposit through the store (hold on, not yet, I need to set up the link!)
- Once orders open there will be 2 weeks to reserve your slot.
- When the run closes I will send you a private link to pay the remainder through the store (CC or PayPal, cryptos preferred)
- The regular price will be $649, with flat rate FedEX Ground shipping $99 (or pick up in Bend), exactly the same as 100s and 80s. (no 200 series-tax here!) The discount will be based on how many people reserve:
  • 1-5: $599 (save $50)
  • 6-10: $589 (save $60)
  • 11-15: $579 (save $70)
  • 16-20: $569 (save $80)
- Limit 20

As not all customers are coming to me through MUD anymore I will not have a running list here of usernames, so if you want to know if there are any slots open just head for the link and give it a try.

I will update the manufactring status through a page on my website (link to follow).

I will post the link to reserve your slot on Monday (this weekend disintegrated under my feet like a Hawaiian highway), posting it here and emailing all the people that signed up to vote for the 200 series as the next set (Land Shark Outfitters if you want to be on that list).

Final note, I am running on fumes these days and my garage bursting at the seams, so lead times after this run are likely 6-8 weeks for the rest of the summer. I see no way to improve that short of taking on a partner...and no idea how that would even work. If you have ideas email me.

Thank you everyone for your patience, and for being very polite in your persistence - you're a great community ;)

FINALLY! Can't wait to get a set. These drawers are pretty amazing for the price you are paying. And Dave is an all around great guy. So happy to support you with these!

Dave, I know it’s still in the early stages. Will there be a single side (one drawer) option offered like the 100? Need to be able to use one side of my third row for additional passenger on rare occasions.

In

One question. Are you looking to ship by mid Jul? Just wanting to make sure it arrives before I head to the middle east.
That's my expectation, barring stuff like the router fire I can't control. I just don't have the multi-supplier depth that the big guys do.

FINALLY! Can't wait to get a set. These drawers are pretty amazing for the price you are paying. And Dave is an all around great guy. So happy to support you with these!
Thank you!

Dave, I know it’s still in the early stages. Will there be a single side (one drawer) option offered like the 100? Need to be able to use one side of my third row for additional passenger on rare occasions.
Evidently I need to spend more time on marketing! The Solo drawer (Land Shark Outfitters) is universal, you figure out how to anchor it and it works in any vehicle

I guess I meant to ask will there be a 200 side skirt option for the single drawer? Also the measurement on the 22 wide seems to be on the wide side for the fold down one side of the fold down seat to clear.

I guess I meant to ask will there be a 200 side skirt option for the single drawer? Also the measurement on the 22 wide seems to be on the wide side for the fold down one side of the fold down seat to clear.
Ahhh, good questions both @bozochu - yes it is a bit wide and as part of a broader move to streamline production I am likely to move the Solo to a 21" width, but that won;t be until after the 200 set is out the door. And a wing would then also be an option.

@cruzerDave any update on the link?

I was home sick yesterday and spent the majority of the day refreshing this thread. I can’t wait to get these in my truck!

@cruzerDave any update on the link?

I was home sick yesterday and spent the majority of the day refreshing this thread. I can’t wait to get these in my truck!
Love the enthusiasm but sorry to hear you weren't feeling good - actually I wasn't either, recovering from one of the most stressful weekends in my life... link is going up in a few minutes, working on now before heading to the day job.

200 series - Kiss me.jpg

The link is up now:

Land Shark Outfitters

REMINDERS
  1. this is good for 2 weeks, that's May 28 end of day, and limited to the first 20 - if it's "in stock" in the store it means there are slots left.
  2. I plan to have a proto wood set end of next week (barring supplier problems)
  3. Production scheduled for 3 weeks after, shipping ESTIMATED Jun 25. If you are buying for a trip July 4th I don't recommend it, sorry - stuff happens and I don't want you disappointed if something does go pear-shaped with another router fire or who knows what. I'm a small manufacturer that works his butt off to give you a great product at a great price, so the piece that suffers is schedule sometimes.
  4. If you;re new to KISS Drawers and want to learn more about them or my committment to quality and this community, check out the 100 series thread that started it all: KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series

We hit 10 preorders the first day, well done folks, so pricing is at $589.

Just one more over the next 13 days and you can drop to $579! ;)

Deposit paid for a set. Thank you for doing this.:D

Thank you to everyone who reserved, that window is now closed. We had 15, so final price is $579 + shipping or pick up in Bend. I will send out emails with links to pay the remainder this weekend.

Prototyping has hit unexpected snags with truck availability (one no longer in the area, one bought ARBs, one built his own), but the set looks easier to design in a few ways so I'm not stressing about it and assembling the proto this weekend for final tests. Ordering some long lead bits as well to keep to schedule.

Final height is going to be 12" to stay as flush as possible with the rear seats folded for sleeping. Also, interestingly y'all are trending 2:1 toward blank fronts (like the 80s guys) which surprised me- 100 series are 2:1 cutout fans and I figured you would follow. Small data set still but glad I didn't just make them cutouts like FJs.

Updates and pics to follow...

About the blank/cut out option. Those of you who want blank drawer fronts - What have you come up with as handles? Please share what you have found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom