Just purchased this gem in eastern Oregon. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my experience, Naval Jelly tends to dissolve or convert existing rust, but it doesn't do a very good job at preventing future rust. I have no experience with BLO, so can't compare.

TBI is amazing. Easy start and goes, no choke, smooth sailing...

Smog testing not required in most parts of Oregon, and there is no visual test in the places that do require it. (Or so I am told, I live outside the testing counties.) So you should easily be able to make it clean enough to pass a tailpipe sniff.

Yep, I live in Salem Oregon and theres no emissions testing here... im tagged through 2020...

Copied from post 76 of this thread...

It was a three stage polish. And yes, I washed it, then clayed it, then washed it, but didn't do the soaking step. Used mequiars 105, then 85, then 205 polishes. Applied with a dual action buffer, with three different levels of pads. Course, Medium, and Fine. (7 inch foam pads)
It was about a 10 hour job total. Even did the roof top. The paint really came back alive.. I was very pleased.. I will probably do another clay bar / 205 polish in the spring time to keep things looking great. ...

I did also wax it with a meguiars wax, but forget which type...

I also treated all of the rusty areas with Locktites Navel Jelly. It seems to have sealed up the rust, but now after a few months, another coat looks to be needed in the near future.

This build lives. Great find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom