Just purchased this gem in eastern Oregon. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a 12 of 78 build date on the vin. You can't get anymore holy grail for under the seat gas tank version than that..... :)

I am surprised I never saw that one. I live in Klamath Falls, but travel all over the place for work. Lots of back roads, lots of Cruisers still out there. I have found and bought most of my fleet in Eastern Oregon.

Nice score!

A couple of things I learned from talking with Wes was that the top has never been off of this cruiser. He said he just never got around to it even tho he wanted to.

As far as mechanicals... He says it should start and run, but it has what he thinks are Carb issues... He took it to get tuned up with your standard tune up kit.. points, wires, plugs, carb etc, but says the guy that did the work flubbed up the carb somehow... so thats where it sits now. Wes drained the gas tank which is a good thing. Its also missing the smog pump, but all of the other smog items are still in place.

Anyhoo, I will need to do some playing around and see whats what. Hope its a relatively easy fix to get her running again.

I think this may be more of a candidate for a "body on" resto...

Mine is a 10/78 Freeborn Red that will also be a body on resto-very nice find! I also like the Mustard:beer:

Drove by it today. Looks like it's anxiously waiting for you.
20160922_150426.jpg

Yeppp. That's cool....

So is this thing going to be ready for the relay in a month or so??

Very nice find!!

This happened..

20170722_205904.jpg

And then this today.

20170723_160258.jpg

Man, that's a good looking truck. Nice score, PO looked pretty bummed out in that one pic. Probably thinking of all the memories they made in her.

20170723_151300.jpg
Yep, P.O. had a tear in his eye when I drove off on Saturday.

He had also rigged up a wire to hold the rear Amby doors in place. So I investigated that and found that the upper and lower door latches on the drivers side Amby door were messed up. One was missing the inner sliding bar and the other was frozen. So I disassembled them freed up the stuck one and reinstalled. So now the rear doors work properly, just need to find another upper latch assembly.

Also reinstalled the spare tire carrier. I don't know why he took it off.

Even though she runs, I think it's got a vacuum leak somewhere as she won't run without the choke. I checked the idle solenoid and it clicks when I turn the key on. So I'll need to track that down.

Great find, I also like the story. Glad to hear it was not a "barn find" SO sick of that bull****!!!! Looks very solid

But an awful lot of them are "barn finds". A guy I work with just found one in a barn in Montana. Glad they parked it inside.......

@thecrazygreek I am also considering a 4Runner TRD Pro, noticed it was your pulling vehicle. My other half just bought a new SR5 4WD, how do you like the Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom