Just get her drivable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but what is this relay/fuse box near the driver side headlight?

Also, is there a horn relay on 1977s? Is this the horn relay? Still working on my failed horn.

IMG_20190425_213229868.jpg

I noticed that some of the wires that run to the distributor (I have an HEI style distributor from AFI) had oil on them. So I took the distributor cap off and saw some oil pooling in the bottom of the distributor. Is this from a bad seal? I used the one that came with the kit. The HEI style distributor that came with the AFI kit seemed a bit low quality, but I'm not that well versed in all the HEI styles. Has anyone else had this issue?

IMG_20190608_214145016.jpg

IMG_20190608_214133497.jpg

Is there supposed to be more robust weather strip here? Maybe a bulb type seal that takes the place of the cream colored piping thats there now?
When the door is shut I can see day light, and creates all type of wind noise.

View attachment 2528429
The door seal is attached to the door...sounds like yours is missing?

Yes that is where the horn relay goes using the three prong plug.

My 1970 has the original vinyl door jamb molding with the rubber weather strip attached and rubber on the door also. They mate well for a good seal.

My 1977 just has the vinyl molding. It does not appear to have room for the added rubber seal on the door jamb. The jamb is shaped different then the 70 in the upper corners so the added rubber would not fit properly to creat a seal. The 77 has the weather strip on the door itself.

Somewhere along the roller coaster ride I purchased the bulb type vinyl and found it wouldn’t work on my 77. If I modify it it might work on the 70. The bulb part is to thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom